Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That is great, Chris.

I hope Oxford does not have the problems you mentioned earlier.

Perhaps you can go to this new church whenever you are not going to Oxford especially if the priest is helpful to your soul. You can always go to a church whenever you need to visit your spiritual father.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Glory to God!

Today (technically yesterday according to GMT), I went to Divine Liturgy.
The picture is of the end of Matins, or the very beginning of the Liturgy. The church was comfortably full by the time of the communion.

It was wonderful and I felt very much 'at home'. The priest there is a lovely soul who I feel comfortable with.

I will be returning to that church for silent prayer (Jesus) on Wednesday.
I'm not sure if I will be able to make that church my parish because I hope to help my god-son and his fiancée get to church and it is best convenient for them to go to Oxford.

Oh, btw, pray for Metropolitan Kallistos, he is very unwell with his back and may be going into life-threatening surgery. :prayer:

I felt (spiritually) happy for the first time in a long while. :)
It felt 'right'.

I thank you all for your prayers and as ever, I am appreciative of them in the coming days.

glory to God!

Lord have mercy on Met Kallistos!

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Glory to God!

Today (technically yesterday according to GMT), I went to Divine Liturgy.
The picture is of the end of Matins, or the very beginning of the Liturgy. The church was comfortably full by the time of the communion.

It was wonderful and I felt very much 'at home'. The priest there is a lovely soul who I feel comfortable with.

I will be returning to that church for silent prayer (Jesus) on Wednesday.
I'm not sure if I will be able to make that church my parish because I hope to help my god-son and his fiancée get to church and it is best convenient for them to go to Oxford.
Thank the Lord for what you experienced....

Upvote 0

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟62,841.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you :)

I went for Vespers this evening though I think I'll only be able to make Sundays regularly as I would not be able to afford the fuel. Still, if the Lord desires it, He will make it possible.

I am definitely in a much happier state of mind and am actually looking forward to next Sunday. Though I am feeling ready to return, I am most content to be obedient to the guidance of the priest on how I should go about that.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you :)

I went for Vespers this evening though I think I'll only be able to make Sundays regularly as I would not be able to afford the fuel. Still, if the Lord desires it, He will make it possible.

I am definitely in a much happier state of mind and am actually looking forward to next Sunday. Though I am feeling ready to return, I am most content to be obedient to the guidance of the priest on how I should go about that.

continued prayers dude!

Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2010
✟1,424.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@Dewi Sant

There are some dirty things even in Church and through official representatives of it. I have kinda inside about like gaying, fornication, money-making. Its life, but a lot of people can be dissapointed to losing faith if will meet it. Information like your can help to be ready. Thanks for posting your story.

Lord, have mercy!

ps read story about priest from Ukraine, which was killed by parishioners for sexual harrastment sometimes ago. dont think that parishioners were quite unright.

Last edited:
Upvote 0