Oil dripping out of hands dream?

May 12, 2005
✟16,757.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I had a dream last night that I am curious about. I was in my parents' house (which we don't own anymore since my parents are passed away), sitting on our old green couch when I looked down at my hands and noticed that oil was beginning to flow over them...almost like it was coming out of them. First it was just a trickle and I was disappointed that it wasn't more, but then I tried to be patient and each time I looked down, I had more oil on my hands to the point where it was literally dripping off them. Then, I also saw some sort of gold dust on them, too. I was sooooo excited in my dream!!

This is all I remember about the dream. I am wondering if I dreamt this because I have heard of this type of thing happen before to people and I wanted it to happen to me, or because it was truly God speaking to me. Just not sure how I can tell.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Pam

anonymousAdviser

Oct 17, 2006
✟8,057.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I had a dream last night that I am curious about. I was in my parents' house (which we don't own anymore since my parents are passed away), sitting on our old green couch when I looked down at my hands and noticed that oil was beginning to flow over them...almost like it was coming out of them. First it was just a trickle and I was disappointed that it wasn't more, but then I tried to be patient and each time I looked down, I had more oil on my hands to the point where it was literally dripping off them. Then, I also saw some sort of gold dust on them, too. I was sooooo excited in my dream!!

This is all I remember about the dream. I am wondering if I dreamt this because I have heard of this type of thing happen before to people and I wanted it to happen to me, or because it was truly God speaking to me. Just not sure how I can tell.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Pam

[If anyone notices, I said I didn't intend to come back here, but the site I often post at had "catastrophic failure", so here I am.]

That would be a very, very good sign. Oil is representative of the Holy Spirit. Of divine and good things from God. Scripture used the Olive Tree as such a symbol, candlesticks, and flowing of golden oil. Olive oil, if you notice, is golden. It was also used to light lamps in the old days.

(References, for instance, Zecheriah, Revelation, much elsewhere.)

Upvote 0
May 12, 2005
✟16,757.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
[If anyone notices, I said I didn't intend to come back here, but the site I often post at had "catastrophic failure", so here I am.]

That would be a very, very good sign. Oil is representative of the Holy Spirit. Of divine and good things from God. Scripture used the Olive Tree as such a symbol, candlesticks, and flowing of golden oil. Olive oil, if you notice, is golden. It was also used to light lamps in the old days.

(References, for instance, Zecheriah, Revelation, much elsewhere.)
Thank you! You've been very helpful and encouraging! I hope you come back!

Upvote 0

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
I try to live in obidence to god some days i fail
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
VERY good sign--Anointing, Anointing , Anointing :clap:
Gold is brought through a fire to purify it. it would seem you have had some REAL struggles as of late and have came through them standing in Faith :clap:
Powerful and exciting dream !!
I would also point out that green is symbolic of evil and you are setting on it. OVERCOME it and sitting on it !!
Your dream litteraly gave me chills it is so encouraging and such a blessing Praise the Lord and may God bless you for sharing it.

Upvote 0
May 12, 2005
✟16,757.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
VERY good sign--Anointing, Anointing , Anointing :clap:
Gold is brought through a fire to purify it. it would seem you have had some REAL struggles as of late and have came through them standing in Faith :clap:
Powerful and exciting dream !!
I would also point out that green is symbolic of evil and you are setting on it. OVERCOME it and sitting on it !!
Your dream litteraly gave me chills it is so encouraging and such a blessing Praise the Lord and may God bless you for sharing it.
Oh, thank you, Rod!!! Your message is so uplifting! I am so glad that you helped me with this dream! Praise God for such a wonderful dream! I am an overcomer, in Jesus' name!!

Blessings,

Pam

Upvote 0

Glenda

More, Lord.. More of You..
Sep 22, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟76,316.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pam,

When we were at the Voice of the Prophetic Conference a couple of weeks ago, this happened to a lot of people..

These people were asked to stand & then those who needed healing went to them for prayer & laying on of hands..

There was a precious young boy probably.. 10 or 12.. who was sitting in the row behind us.. His hands were oil covered.. He prayed for my hubby's diabetes.. His sugar levels were running over 200 even on his meds.. now he is still on his meds, but they are averaging between 120-160.. He had his eyes examined last week.. and there is no sign of damage. Alleluia..

Sounds like annointing to me too, Sweetie..

Upvote 0
May 12, 2005
✟16,757.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Pam,

When we were at the Voice of the Prophetic Conference a couple of weeks ago, this happened to a lot of people..

These people were asked to stand & then those who needed healing went to them for prayer & laying on of hands..

There was a precious young boy probably.. 10 or 12.. who was sitting in the row behind us.. His hands were oil covered.. He prayed for my hubby's diabetes.. His sugar levels were running over 200 even on his meds.. now he is still on his meds, but they are averaging between 120-160.. He had his eyes examined last week.. and there is no sign of damage. Alleluia..

Wow! What awesome testimonies!! Thank you so much for sharing this with me and for your kind words! God is so faithful and good!!

Pam

Upvote 0

FenderElctrc

JESUS IS AWESOME!!
Sep 20, 2006
Gotta keep it secret
Visit site
✟17,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Pam,

Was there literally oil coming from them? If so, wow. I've never seen such a thing. Praise Jesus!

Upvote 0

oneofGod

May 13, 2007
Visit site
✟16,008.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
My palms have been very oily for a little over a year now. I've been kinda self concious about it, because everytime I shake someones hand, I wipe my hand on my pants first. I don't want people to think I have sweaty palms. After reading millerrods and anonymous's posts, I agree with them. It's possible you were sealed in your dream, especially if it was extremely vivid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amazing dream Pam:)

Not trying to hijack your thread sis or anything, but I've been curious about something I am not sure about for years.
I was at a conference of a larger ministry where the head of the ministry went down the line & prayed for whoever desired such.
When she came to me & took my hand it started to shake & this didn't stop for an hour or so. I'm sure whoever saw me thought I had a nerve problem in my righthand?
Anybody have thoughts here?

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

Amazing dream Pam:)

Not trying to hijack your thread sis or anything, but I've been curious about something I am not sure about for years.
I was at a conference of a larger ministry where the head of the ministry went down the line & prayed for whoever desired such.
When she came to me & took my hand it started to shake & this didn't stop for an hour or so. I'm sure whoever saw me thought I had a nerve problem in my righthand?
Anybody have thoughts here?

When I was at a conference where we were praying in small groups much of the time, people started praying over me to receive the gift of tongues. I started shaking, and had trouble standing up. I received the gift of tongues, and was almost living in a really bold bubble for about a week or so after. Lots of strangely cool things happened during that time. So I would say from my experience that the shaking could be a sign of a large infilling of the Holy Spirit!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0