United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If on the day the president elect is sworn in to office, I put a caption that says “ we gonna eat some white house food tonight baby” underneath the picture, would you consider that racist?
Now that you have mentioned it - yes. :)

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Is it the “we gonna” or the “white house” or the “baby” that makes it seem racist?
Would it not be considered racist if the caption said “tonight we shall dine on white house cuisine baby”?
Or is it really that anything that is said, other than praise upon the president elect, is considered slander and therefore racist?

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Is it the “we gonna” or the “white house” or the “baby” that makes it seem racist?
Would it not be considered racist if the caption said “tonight we shall dine on white house cuisine baby”?
Or is it really that anything that is said, other than praise upon the president elect, is considered slander and therefore racist?

My vote is that it's the "we gonna" that makes it seem racist.

Reactions: Nadiine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So, if the President-elect says we gonna….anything, it is considered just a showplace dialect to get down with the common folk, but if it is read in a caption below his picture it is considered racist?
Thanks for the honest and kind responses.
I’m still learning….

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, if the President-elect says we gonna….anything, it is considered just a showplace dialect to get down with the common folk, but if it is read in a caption below his picture it is considered racist?
Thanks for the honest and kind responses.
I’m still learning….
CF Rules are quiet simple in that area.

The Brinking part of it emphasizes the spirit of the rules.
http://christianforums.com/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_rule_0

Thanks, :)
Ed

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
CF Rules are quiet simple in that area.

The Brinking part of it emphasizes the spirit of the rules.
http://christianforums.com/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_rule_0

Ed

Could you please be a little more specific, for someone simple such as me, as to which rule or rules you are referring to in particular?
There sure are a lot about the rules that are very vague, and I feel like every post could be misconstrued and considered against the rules based upon the perspective of the judge.
It's ok, it was just a question.

Thanks ED. :)

Herbie

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Could you please be a little more specific, for someone simple such as me, as to which rule or rules you are referring to in particular?
There sure are a lot about the rules that are very vague, and I feel like every post could be misconstrued and considered against the rules based upon the perspective of the judge.

Herbie

Dude, if you have to ask this many questions before you can post something, it's probably best that you don't post it at all and just let it go. Your statement has already been deemed racist. That should end the discussion right there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
just ask yourself, "what would Bill do?"

:p ^_^

If we're talking about Clinton, that's easy. He'd sleep with an intern or two or three, and then start a war to shift the focus off of himself. ^_^

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dude, if you have to ask this many questions before you can post something, it's probably best that you don't post it at all and just let it go. Your statement has already been deemed racist. That should end the discussion right there.
The reference to me as “Dude” could also be deemed as racist also my friend.
I was only inquiring about an opinion as to what one might think of a certain depiction.
Anyone can look at something the way they choose, I believe.
I did read in the rules about mocking including public figures, but that really is not truly enforced to the extent that it could be.
My question was only meant to gather opinions to judge against my own, and very selfish on my part, but I really dislike the PC police way of thought in our society today.
It was also commented that the word “white” in “white house” could also add to the condemnation and such a statement could be deemed racist.
I ask questions because I want to learn.
I would also ask if the picture in my profile picture said “White house food tonight baby”, if that would also be deemed a racist statement.
But I can let it go, just conversation to my wanting.
Also, I think Bill wouldn’t bother with such nonsense.:)

Herbie

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The reference to me as “Dude” could also be deemed as racist also my friend.

If you think you have a case, hit the report button. But just for giggles how is "dude" racist, since it's mostly white Californian males who say it to each other while surfing?

I was only inquiring about an opinion as to what one might think of a certain depiction.

And you received a general consensus that it was racist.

Anyone can look at something the way they choose, I believe.
I did read in the rules about mocking including public figures, but that really is not truly enforced to the extent that it could be.

Well if it were enforced to the extent that it could be, you most likely would have gotten a staff notice for saying what you did, granted that someone actually reported you first.

My question was only meant to gather opinions to judge against my own, and very selfish on my part, but I really dislike the PC police way of thought in our society today.

Well, just so you know, PC-ism rules on this site. If you're not PC here you're a hate-monger. Stick around, you'll see it for yourself soon enough.

It was also commented that the word “white” in “white house” could also add to the condemnation of such a statement being deemed racist.

I don't see how as the use of the word "White" in that case does not refer to a person's race, but the color of the building.

I ask questions because I want to learn.
I would also ask if the picture in my profile picture said “White house food tonight baby”, if that would also be deemed a racist statement.
But I can let it go, just conversation to my wanting.
Also, I think Bill wouldn’t bother with such nonsense.:)

Well try it out and see what happens. I've seen a lot worse stuff posted in profile pictures and sig lines and nothing ever seems to get done about it. You could probably get away with it.

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Herbie
Hi Herbie.

When I first joined CF, I skimmed through the rules yet did not really read them for about a year ... :)
I posted very often during that time, yet had no violations.
Once one of my posts got reported and I received a PM saying that this is just a PM, the Staff discussed my post and I will not receive a warning.
(Old system had warnings).
Yet I should be wary of my posting style.

When I got a PM from the Staff - cold sweat. :D:)
Then I was so relieved after I reread it several times :D to understand I did not get a violation. :D:)

I used common sense when posting without even knowing the rules. :)

You see, I never participated in any other forums before CF and considered this to be a Christian site, so my posts should reflect it.

Oh, I argued strongly, but never really addressed a person but a topic. :)

I reread my posts before pushing that dreaded "Submit" button.

I also like people and respect all people ... even atheists. Really. :)
Yes, it is possible to find something in anyone that is worthy of respect.

And there of course are people so miserable that one simply does not know how to respect him/her.
Then I find I feel sorry for that person (not in a condescending way), because continual fighting has natural negative effects on the one who fights.

Also, some people fight because they are frustrated.
And you know what? When someone is frustrated, there is ALWAYS a point of truth in his arguments.
So I try seeing it and answering the post not according to a frustration in that post, but a good point a person is making.
(I still struggle with that though ... :))

Some fight because they want to be correct. That is often the ego speaking.
Once I see that my point was made for others to see (yes, people are watching) - I usually move on.

Concerning what is racist and what is not, what is sexist and what is not ... I do not push the envelope to see how much I could get away with.
Oh, I say what I think. This I definitely do.
Yet not ALL that I think belongs in the open Christian forums. :)

This is a public speaking Christian forum.
To me, the purpose of it is to discuss, debate, reflect, meditate, praise God and thank Him, share and learn while having great fun doing it. :)

This is how I see it. Not as a mod, but as a "normal" :D:) person.

And the purpose of the mod rules is not having a set of laws ... because no law (outside of God's Law) is perfect.
These reflect the rules. Yes, they get modified on occasions.
Yet they are needed.

But these are man-made rules and anyone could really by-pass them and make a thread a living nightmare. :)
That is why there is an allowance for evaluating some posts based on a spirit in which it is presented.
And this also covers innocent posts where a person unintentionally broke a rule.

I cannot really discuss more concerning the rules. Just presented a flavor of it.

PM me if you would like to talk about this more.

Ed

Upvote 0