Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh my! Gay Bible?

Discussion in 'Conservative Christianity' started by CruciFixed, Dec 2, 2008.

1. ReformedChapin

ReformedChapin Chapin = Guatemalan

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Calvinist
    All the verses just tell us to be ready and we should be considering the Lord can come at any time. There is no trying to figure out the day of the Lord.

You're not getting it, there is no way in our own finite way to find out when it is the day of the Lord. No where does the Lord tell us to look for signs, we don't even know if he is speaking OUR generation. We are acting like weird freaks who expect the end sometime "soon" when we don't know what that means. And I am not saying we are farther away obviously we are closer but what do we mean when we say the day of the Lord is "closer." Most dooms day people make it seem like its tomorrow or something when it can be a million years from now. Sure it's closer but it could still be a very long time.

what part mat 16-13 is talking about eschatology?

The Demand for a Sign
    16:1 Now when the Pharisees 1 and Sadducees 2 came to test Jesus, 3 they asked him to show them a sign from heaven. 4 16:2 He 5 said, “When evening comes you say, ‘It will be fair weather, because the sky is red,’ 16:3 and in the morning, ‘It will be stormy today, because the sky is red and darkening.’ 6 You know how to judge correctly the appearance of the sky, 7 but you cannot evaluate the signs of the times. 16:4 A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.” Then 8 he left them and went away.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. Nadiine

Nadiine New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Unfortunately you keep drawing the same misconceptions about
    what we're stating.

We also aren't "demanding" signs by reading what God says He will give AS signs of the end times for us to know when it's NEAR (not date setting
    as if we know a second, minute, hour, day, month, year, or even decade to pinpoint.

If there are signs we're given, then they have a purpose - attacking
    people who watch those signs is hardly a biblical stance while using
    the verses where Jesus chastizes them for NOT knowing the signs of
    the times of their era they were given.

We're told to be watching & waiting so that we continue keeping busy in His work; awaiting His return so we're READY spiritually and warning others as to the nearness it may be.

One day the people who are reading those signs WILL be very accurate becuz there will be a day and minute that the events prophecied will come to pass when this all takes off - it will happen in someone's lifetime and it could very well be ours

3. ReformedChapin

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Calvinist
    Again you don't define you terms. Not only that but your improper hermeneutics cause you to over simplify scripture. And you are right everything scripture will be fulfilled and a lot of what you are indicating as a future event has already been fulfilled. If you are familiar with amill position a great part of Rev. is in place right now ask your buddy Z.

Even with the premill position putting the vast majority of Rev in the future one should still refrain from making statements such as "the end is soon." Or identifying specific "signs" unless they had some super natural revelation from God, right now it's been nothing but pure speculation. People have done it for 2000 years even our fellow papist.

4. Nadiine

Nadiine New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Zephaniah 1:14
    Near is the great day of the LORD, Near and coming very quickly;
    Listen, the day of the LORD!In it the warrior cries out bitterly.

(that was the OT referring to the last day)

1. Revelation 22:7
      "And behold, I am coming quickly Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book."
      Revelation 22:6-8 (in Context) Revelation 22 (Whole Chapter)
    2. Revelation 22:12
      "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.
      Revelation 22:11-13 (in Context) Revelation 22 (Whole Chapter)
    3. Revelation 22:20
      He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly " Amen Come, Lord Jesus.
      Revelation 22:19-21 (in Context) Revelation 22 (Whole Chapter)

Zecryphon likes this.
  5. Lpe04

Lpe04 Senior Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Of the times, no one knows, not even the Son. (Matt. 24:36)

6. ReformedChapin

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Calvinist

Assmuing your premill view what's quickly? Again remembering that one day is 1000 years for the Lord.
    What's quickly? same as above. If you say something date or time you are a date setter. Just admit that you have no clue like the rest of us.

7. ReformedChapin

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Calvinist
    thank you

8. Zecryphon

Zecryphon New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Lutheran
    She's never claimed otherwise. It's not Nadiine that says Jesus is coming quickly it's God in those scriptures she provided. Take your issue about what "quickly" means up with Him.

9. ReformedChapin

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Calvinist
    She has several times stated that the Lord is coming "soon." And she uses the bible in their past or present context to make it look like it is sometime in the near future.

BTW Z, I suggest you let your little buddies fend for themselves. Nadiine is a big girl she doesn't need you baby sitting or is it your hatred for me that causes you to fend for her? Especially when I made it clear no one knows what the time frame for the Lord returns, you shouldn agree more with me if anything Mr Amill.

10. Nadiine

Nadiine New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Ya, and I've told him that before when I used those.
    The end of Rev. & Zech. both refer to the very end days of His
    coming in judgment; as far as I know, only full preterists would
    claim it already came (and I don't think we need to work to hard
    to refute that since I don't think evil is ended yet & people are still
    dying).... :|

It's obvious that God's timing is different than ours, but we're still told to watch and wait in anticipation of His return. To be ready anytime and esp. when these signs start appearing.
    oh well.
    I just think there's misconceptions about terms going on here that may never stop no matter how much we define them.

11. Nadiine

Nadiine New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    big... in what way? lol

you did involve Zec's name here earlier tho... he probly read that & decided to make an appearance.

So I guess "soon" and "quickly" aren't close in meaning.
    okeey

12. Zecryphon

Zecryphon New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Lutheran
    Julio, here's a piece of advice, don't drag my name into a thread and then complain when I participate in the thread. So tell us all why does Nadiine have to come to me to get the Amill view? As you've said, she's an adult. She can find that out on her own. What does she need me to teach her for, in your opinion?

All you've done here so far is show your immaturity and complete inability to discuss the topic at hand. A topic which is currently being discussed because YOU brought it up and have derailed this thread on a gay Bible to talk about end times events. AGAIN.

I'm not here to baby sit Nadiine. I think it's obvious who needs the baby sitter in this thread and who doesn't. Also, don't call me Mr. Amill. The name is Zec or Zecryphon. Jesus said He is coming quickly. The answer to your dillema lies in the original languages and what the authors meant to say when they used the word that is translated as "quickly."

13. ReformedChapin

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Calvinist
    No one is arguing about being excited about the Lords return. Every orthodox Christian wants Christ to return and hopefully soon so this mess gets all cleared up. The problem is that we have absolutely no clue when that's going to happen. And there is no misrepresenation, you have repeately stated you were convinced that all the signs pointed to the Lords return "soon." When I ask for clarification either I get verses that were written 2000 years ago without any real explination why you are presenting it in a particular context.

14. ReformedChapin

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Calvinist
    You dragged yourself into this thread and then you complain when you attack my character. And I know she can defend herself that's why I am telling you to stay out of it. We don't need your little allegiance to come here and cause more problems.

You're the immature one. In stead of staying out of this thread you come here and attack me and my character by harassing me and calling me names.

Keep playing your little word games and attack me. You are so much older than me and you have grown nothing instead you play child like games and attack to hurt my feelings. Too bad Z, I'm not a baby and you cannot intimidate me. I agree with your later statement about the word "soon", tell Nadiine that.

15. ReformedChapin

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Calvinist
    I said to ask him, that doesn't imply he has to come here and make childish comments.

You are still missing the point, what is the context of "soon" in the NT? Are you portraying it in the same way? Again since Z decide to come here and runs his mouth maybe he can explain it instead of attacking me.

16. Nadiine

Nadiine New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    they weren't childish in any way - it was his opinion as per
    the verses I posted.

I support people's comments here, that isn't childish.

PeacaHeaven likes this.
  17. ReformedChapin

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Calvinist
    duh, he's your buddy you have to fend for each other

no one denies your biases

18. Optimax

Optimax Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Word-of-Faith
    MOD HAT ON[FONT=&quot][/FONT]​

Just a reminder

Please remember to direct your post to the issues
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    Not to an individual
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    Keep them polite and free of personal attacks

Thank you

MOD HAT OFF

19. desmalia

desmalia sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Calvinist
    I consider all three of you friends of mine, but y'all are making my head hurt!
    [​IMG]

20. Nadiine

Nadiine New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    lol
    don't sweat it Des, I was done.

I see no need to carry on w/ this crap (again)

*mailing Canada some Christmas asprin* ^_^

PeacaHeaven likes this.