Lpe04

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
✟9,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is just a book! It is meant to be funny! It is a work of fiction, nobody is banning King James version of the bible- And he changed a lot of it!

Sounds more like derision or mockery to me. But I don't know, I haven't read it.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Amathystmoon

Nov 24, 2008
USA
✟15,154.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Sounds more like derision or mockery to me. But I don't know, I haven't read it.

God bless.
You are correct it is mockery. But it was done to be funny. Even the gay community understands that in order for civilization to begin there had to be a man and a woman. It was nothing more than a political statement.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

God bless.
sounds like that LOLcat bible project.....

I wonder why they don't rewrite the Koran I wonder?

5.gif

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You are correct it is mockery. But it was done to be funny. Even the gay community understands that in order for civilization to begin there had to be a man and a woman. It was nothing more than a political statement.

Yes, I assumed that is all it was. And I'm sure they don't consider the Bible to have any authority anyway. It's just a story book to them. So they can change it however they like - it doesn't have to be logical or make sense. Regardless, it's rude and blasphemous. I'm sure that was the point.

sounds like that LOLcat bible project.....

5.gif
I was thinking that exact same thing.

Upvote 0

Lpe04

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
✟9,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Cause they'll get their heads chopped off.

Can you explain please?
It resided in one of my friends, he was embarrassed but admitted it was there. That's about as far as I'll go for now.

I should probably tell you I've always had a "long-suit" in seeing these things. I can usually tell you how, if, and when they will manifest.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,622.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
this is an extreme, that show cases a common practice people use in their "theology".

This group cares nothing at all for the concept of scriptural truth. The bible is simply a tool that they can use to promote their view and thus changing the bible is fine because there is no assumption at all that the bible itself contains truth that we must discover, understand, or adhere to. They are just using it as a form of propaganda.

This is obviously blatant and extreme. However, 'gay theology' and other kinds of theology like liberation theology, black liberation theology, etc.. have been doing basically the same thing for years. They usually don't go so far as to actually physically rewrite the bible... but they really don't care at all what the bible was intended to mean or to teach.. they are only concerned with how they can use the bible to support their ideas. Thus they go in looking for ways to make the bible mean what they want it to mean.

This group has just taken it to the next, extreme step and simply rewritten the bible to say what they want it to say.

I don't say this in a triumphalistic sense, but the reality is people who do things like this are just storing up wrath for themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cause they'll get their heads chopped off.

It resided in one of my friends, he was embarrassed but admitted it was there. That's about as far as I'll go for now.

God bless.
you don't need to go into it, but I just wanted to comment
that I find it interesting that he knew about it.
I used to be a skeptic about all that stuff and I'm not so much
one anymore.
thanks for sharing

Upvote 0

Angel4Truth

Legend
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
this is an extreme, that show cases a common practice people use in their "theology".

This group cares nothing at all for the concept of scriptural truth. The bible is simply a tool that they can use to promote their view and thus changing the bible is fine because there is no assumption at all that the bible itself contains truth that we must discover, understand, or adhere to. They are just using it as a form of propaganda.

This is obviously blatant and extreme. However, 'gay theology' and other kinds of theology like liberation theology, black liberation theology, etc.. have been doing basically the same thing for years. They usually don't go so far as to actually physically rewrite the bible... but they really don't care at all what the bible was intended to mean or to teach.. they are only concerned with how they can use the bible to support their ideas. Thus they go in looking for ways to make the bible mean what they want it to mean.

This group has just taken it to the next, extreme step and simply rewritten the bible to say what they want it to say.

I don't say this in a triumphalistic sense, but the reality is people who do things like this are just storing up wrath for themselves.
It doesnt cease to amaze me anymore at how little shame people seem to have these days. It used to be just understood even by those who didnt believe one word of the bible or christianity that some things were just off limits for mocking and sacriledge.

I remember before I was saved being at a new years eve party and a tv was on with George Carlin doing a new years eve stand up show and when he started mocking christians it bothered me even though at the time I wasnt one and could even tell others there were uncomfortable but now its a daily routine to many.

Now its as if people celebrate being that way. I guess that just goes with the love of many growing cold though.

Upvote 0

Lpe04

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
✟9,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
you don't need to go into it, but I just wanted to comment
that I find it interesting that he knew about it.
I used to be a skeptic about all that stuff and I'm not so much
one anymore.
thanks for sharing
He only knew it was there because the Spirit of God showed him.

I hesitate to talk on here too much, cause I'm not sure who is supposed to read this stuff or not, but it does exist.

Take care.

Upvote 0

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Lpe04

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
✟9,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is obviously blatant and extreme. However, 'gay theology' and other kinds of theology like liberation theology, black liberation theology, etc.. have been doing basically the same thing for years. They usually don't go so far as to actually physically rewrite the bible... but they really don't care at all what the bible was intended to mean or to teach..
Remember, even though it's all different theologies, it still comes from the same source. You will also find that they all have the same goal in the end.

"Did God really say...?"

God bless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Secundulus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It doesnt cease to amaze me anymore at how little shame people seem to have these days. It used to be just understood even by those who didnt believe one word of the bible or christianity that some things were just off limits for mocking and sacriledge.
This was not always true. It was only true in Western Culture from around the year 312 until recently. Now, Western culture seems to have devolved back into its pre-Christian state.

I always encourage people to read the early Church Fathers and the stories of the early martyrs to see what Christians once faced.

We have gone full circle and and are in a state similar to the earliest Christians.

This is really no reason to despair. The greatest witnesses for Christ lived in those first 300 years. We should pray that God will give us the strength to follow their heroic examples.

Today was the Feast of St. Bibiana. She was an early Christian noblewoman who suffered martyrdom along with her sister, mother, and father, rather than renouce Christ.

O God, the Giver of all good gifts, Who unto the lily of pure maidenhood in the hand of Thy servant Bibiana, didst join the palm of a glorious martyrdom, grant us, we beseech Thee, at her pleading, that our hearts and minds being joined to Thee by Thy love, we may escape all dangers which do presently beset us, and finally attain unto Thine everlasting joy. Amen

Upvote 0

Lpe04

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
✟9,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This was not always true. It was only true in Western Culture from around the year 312 until recently. Now, Western culture seems to have devolved back into its pre-Christian state.

Probably cause there was a larger Christian population post 312. Maybe it's not so anymore.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Probably cause there was a larger Christian population post 312. Maybe it's not so anymore.
The actual cause was that Christianity was illegal before 312. Constantine made it legal in that year.

It is still legal, but in many places such as in Canada and I think in some places in Europe, preaching unadulterated Christian doctrine, contrary to the political PC, is illegal.

My observation is that we are everywhere devolving to the point that Christianity is fine as long as each individual Christian is willing to sacrifice to the PC God.

In other words, you can privately believe whatever you want as long as you publicly agree to the pagan consensus.

Earlier Christians died in refusing to do this.

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The actual cause was that Christianity was illegal before 312. Constantine made it legal in that year.

It is still legal, but in many places such as in Canada and I think in some places in Europe, preaching unadulterated Christian doctrine, contrary to the political PC, is illegal.

My observation is that we are everywhere devolving to the point that Christianity is fine as long as each individual Christian is willing to sacrifice to the PC God.

In other words, you can privately believe whatever you want as long as you publicly agree to the pagan consensus.

It's a powerful reminder, isn't it?

I've noticed as well that while martyrs used to be revered, martyrdom on the whole is being more and more viewed as ridiculous and totally unneeded. Respect for past martyrs is disappearing.

Upvote 0

porterross

I miss Ronald Reagan
Jan 27, 2006
just this side of Heaven
✟44,831.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

*emphasis mine*

It's true. In Finland, at least one confessional Lutheran pastor who refused to share the altar with women who intended to distributed communion has been arrested and tried for discrimination. The threat of similar prosecution is threatened for denying homosexual clergy altar and pulpit fellowship, as well. The Lutheran, and other orthodox, pastors there don't plan to back down. They need our prayers. :pray:

Reactions: S53
Upvote 0