• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These are really bad thoughts and they are these. I keep getting these thoughts of selling my soul and I can't even focus on Jesus like I should and it feels like it could be gone. I actually took off work today because of these thoughts and they can cause depression too and I have a serious question for everybody. Does my soul belong to God and will I be saved still? God bless you guys and girls.

Daryl Gleason

A man of God
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2016
Cali, Colombia
✟28,436.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
These are really bad thoughts and they are these. I keep getting these thoughts of selling my soul and I can't even focus on Jesus like I should and it feels like it could be gone. I actually took off work today because of these thoughts and they can cause depression too and I have a serious question for everybody. Does my soul belong to God and will I be saved still? God bless you guys and girls.
I'm really sorry you're continuing to go through this. My prayers continue to be with you.

While there are those who disagree, according to what the holy spirit has given me to understand, if you have done (or can do) Romans 10:9-10, then it's a done deal, according to Romans 8:38-39. Satan and his minions no longer have any claim on you whatsoever. Your soul is in God's hands, and absolutely nothing and no one -- including you -- can take it from him.

One other thing I have learned is to trust entirely in the holy spirit and not at all in the beliefs of men.

In Christ,
Daryl

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm really sorry you're continuing to go through this. My prayers continue to be with you.

While there are those who disagree, according to what the holy spirit has given me to understand, if you have done (or can do) Romans 10:9-10, then it's a done deal, according to Romans 8:38-39. Satan and his minions no longer have any claim on you whatsoever. Your soul is in God's hands, and absolutely nothing and no one -- including you -- can take it from him.

One other thing I have learned is to trust entirely in the holy spirit and not at all in the beliefs of men.

In Christ,
Daryl

In Christ,
Daryl
I'm so scared, it's so scary because these thoughts are always there and yesterday was the worst day for me in a long time, do I need to be worried or is this all mental. God Please take my soul back.

Upvote 0

Daryl Gleason

A man of God
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2016
Cali, Colombia
✟28,436.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
From our conversation and what I have been able to discern, it does appear to be mental and not spiritual.

I remain open to all options in case I'm wrong, but I've been praying in particular for God to shield your mind, and I ask now that he grant you faith and firmness of spirit, so that you may rest in the certainty of the knowledge that Jesus is Lord.

If you wish, you may also ask Jesus to become Lord of your mind as well, since your heart and soul are already his, permanently. I am also asking this on your behalf. We are, after all, told to love God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength (Mark 12:30).

With his help, you may be able to "take every thought captive to obey Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5). If you find you are unable to do this yourself, you can simply entrust it into Jesus's hands and depend on him to take care of you through this process.

Please do let me know how this goes, ok?

In Christ,
Daryl

Upvote 0

Daryl Gleason

A man of God
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2016
Cali, Colombia
✟28,436.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm so scared does my soul belong to God still because it really feels like it's not mine. Jesus is Lord
We can only say "Jesus is Lord" by the holy spirit, so you're in good shape. 1 Corinthians 12:3.

You're right that your soul is not yours -- you gave it to God, so it's his. Not even Satan, with all his power, can get at it now.

When our feelings contradict God's word, we can immediately know which is correct.

Can you believe his word, even if your thoughts and/or feelings are telling you something completely different? This may be a really important question for you at this time.

Remember, faith is believing in what you hope for and being certain of what you do not see. Hebrews 11:1.

In Christ,
Daryl

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We can only say "Jesus is Lord" by the holy spirit, so you're in good shape. 1 Corinthians 12:3.

You're right that your soul is not yours -- you gave it to God, so it's his. Not even Satan, with all his power, can get at it now.

When our feelings contradict God's word, we can immediately know which is correct.

Can you believe his word, even if your thoughts and/or feelings are telling you something completely different? This may be a really important question for you at this time.

Remember, faith is believing in what you hope for and being certain of what you do not see. Hebrews 11:1.

In Christ,
Daryl[/Q. Thanks for replying and I need to start trusting in God over my feelings and I need to start giving Jesus everything because I love Jesus and God is good.

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're not in this alone, brother, so please do write any time you feel the need for encouragement or reinforcement.

You seem to be doing this anyway; I just want to encourage you to continue. :)

In Christ,
Daryl
Thanks for saying this and I'm really scared man because of the thoughts but I know that God and Jesus are with me. May the good Lord God in Heaven bless you brother.

Reactions: Daryl Gleason
Upvote 0