• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

ocd I think

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey everybody I have a question for my brothers and sisters in the good Lord Jesus. My thoughts have been so bad recently and they are thoughts of selling my soul and I'm so scared and I am always worried and what I want to know is, these thoughts are they ocd or me and do I need to be worried about being saved or am I saved? I have placed my faith and trust in Jesus Christ and I have accepted him as my personal Lord and Saviour and I try to live for Jesus and the good Lord God in Heaven everyday. God bless you all please pray for me too.

SkyBlade

Feb 2, 2013
The world God created!
✟9,829.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
I am not qualified to tell you if something is from OCD or not, but worrying about selling your soul is an OCD symptom, so it's probable. Also, it sounds like you're having intrusive thoughts.

I know how you feel about worrying whether I am saved despite that I've accepted Christ as Lord and Savior; in fact, I've been like that on and off

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not qualified to tell you if something is from OCD or not, but worrying about selling your soul is an OCD symptom, so it's probable. Also, it sounds like you're having intrusive thoughts.

I know how you feel about worrying whether I am saved despite that I've accepted Christ as Lord and Savior; in fact, I've been like that on and off
Thanks your reply means a lot to me and I appreciate the prayers and I'm so scared because it feels so very real.

Upvote 0