✟25,183.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is not giving me answers.
Sounds like the case of Saul; it didn't end well.

Sometimes we ask the wrong questions. My advice, never dabble in the occult. The devil and his workers excel at deception - don't expose yourself to this.

Upvote 0

Hidden101

Jan 22, 2013
✟8,608.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Sounds like the case of Saul; it didn't end well.

How, so? Saul was a king. He saw God with his very own eyes. I never. Did you?

Sometimes we ask the wrong questions. My advice, never dabble in the occult. The devil and his workers excel at deception - don't expose yourself to this.

I wanted to know something, I got an answer - albeit a distressing answer. If it's deceptive, why does it sound so accurate?

Is it lies? Is it truth? It is both?

Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2015
✟25,183.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How, so? Saul was a king. He saw God with his very own eyes. I never. Did you?
Read Samuel.
I wanted to know something, I got an answer - albeit a distressing answer. If it's deceptive, why does it sound so accurate?

Is it lies? Is it truth? It is both?
What if the lies you choose to believe become reality. If you turn from God, and seek counsel from demons, why should God not make it a reality?

If you turn to God again, and repent - I don't think the answer you received has truth. It is in Gods power to choose; ask.

Reactions: oi_antz
Upvote 0

Hidden101

Jan 22, 2013
✟8,608.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
If you turn to God again, and repent - I don't think the answer you received has truth. It is in Gods power to choose; ask.

I want to believe this, I really do - but it is hard! I have not really experienced God answering a prayer of mine before.

Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2015
✟25,183.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want to believe this, I really do - but it is hard! I have not really experienced God answering a prayer of mine before.
I know how you feel. There's the cliche of God works in mysterious ways - but it's true! None of us will truly understand or appreciate all that God has done for us until our time. We just have to place our faith and trust on the line, knowing he hears. Sometimes the answers we seek, aren't the ones we want - but God understands and leads us. Know you aren't alone; keep patience, virtue and faith close to your heart - God will answer.

When I seek answers I find the Psalms help me, I hope they do for you too. Psalms: 25, 32, and 103 are great ones to start.

Psalm 32: A Psalm of David (an excerpt)

When I kept silent, my bones grew old
Through my groaning all the day long.
For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me;
My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah
I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah

For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You
In a time when You may be found;
Surely in a flood of great waters
They shall not come near him.
You are my hiding place;
You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have had tarot readings done. I have actually done tarot readings for others. Answers to readings turn out scarily accurate. The bible calls such answers lies.

So, are they lies? Or are they accurate? Or are they both?
Not everything satan says is false. Go back to the Garden and see what he told Eve. Had everything been false his seduction would have been ineffective. He mixes in just enough falsehood to derail you and really mess you up. He's been at it a long time. He knows his subject and he's very good at it.

Whether you were told the truth or not at any one instance is not the point. The point is whom you are listening to. Jesus not only tells the truth, He tells it in love, to protect you and build you up. If satan tells you the truth, it is only tactical for nefarious purposes, to hook you. If you leave a door open to satan, be sure he will walk through it, and it will not be pleasant. The more entrance to you he has, the less he has to pretend to be "an angel of light". Avoid him at all costs, because he will only bring destruction and ruination.

If you want answers from God, begin with prayer and His word, the Bible. Stick with it, because usually the biggest obstacles are the preconceptions and attitudes of our own heart, and it may take time to get to where you need to be. "Break up your fallow ground, and stop planting among thorns."

A lot is at stake here. Make sure you get this right.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have had tarot readings done. I have actually done tarot readings for others. Answers to readings turn out scarily accurate. The bible calls such answers lies.

The word sin means missing the mark, it is explained best in the letter to the Romans that any commandment is summed up in the brief saying that love does not harm their neighbour. In examination of this premise questions related to the origin of those answers may give you your answer.

also it is to be noted that when Jesus spoke of truth, he said to the Father in Heaven that "your words are truth", and he said that the truth will set you free, finally He said that I am the way the truth and the life. In this we can see multiple dimensions of truth, accuracy or boolean logic truth i.e. true vs false being only one of them. To examine the truth of as to whether these accurate answers set people free may be insightful, and a real eye opener once the incarnational reality of those answers comes to life.

perhaps reference to divination being "lying" is in relation to something God understands better.

something to think about anyway . it's always good to live in questions . God's the teacher that teaches through all creation, hope you have a good day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jacob2i

Oct 18, 2012
✟7,634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Dear Hidden,
You are mistaken about what the bible says about divination (reading tarot cards etc.).

In Deuteronomy 18, Moses wrote about divination and things like it: "12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord, and because of these abominations the Lord your God drives them out from before you."

Please understand the deception. The Lord does not condemn this practice because everything that is revealed via divination is false. On the contrary, the demons who assist the medium in the evil divination practices have been around for thousands of years and can be spot on for many things.

However, the Lord forbids this practice because you are seeking knowledge from Demons! There is always a price to pay in your life for that alone!

Also, the Lord forbids this wicked practice because the Lord, on the other hand, wants you to rely on HIM for everything spiritual you need in this life in this wicked world.

So it is not a question of accuracy of the diviniations - it is the SOURCE that is the problem.

Please do not practice this. There are few things in the bible that the Lord uses the word Abomination for. Homosexuality and Divination are two of those few things.

God feels very strongly about this. Your chastisement and consequences will be quite severe if you insist on pursuing that avenue of gaining knowledge.

Also note that the Lord really calls the people who practice it an abomination, not just the practice! That's how strongly he feels. Don't do it!

Upvote 0

Hidden101

Jan 22, 2013
✟8,608.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
God feels very strongly about this. Your chastisement and consequences will be quite severe if you insist on pursuing that avenue of gaining knowledge.

I've already been facing chastisement ever since I was born, just for being born.

Also, the Lord forbids this wicked practice because the Lord, on the other hand, wants you to rely on HIM for everything spiritual you need in this life in this wicked world.
googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1431698694306-1'); });

I've been praying and praying and praying for comfort etc, God simply has not been giving it to me. Tarot on the other hand, granted it can be inaccurate if circumstance change: I've noticed that. So I have to pray to God to make circumstance change, will he answer? No.

Upvote 0

David_AB

Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2015
England
✟71,876.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hidden101,
From the tone of your messages you seem bitter towards God.
Rebelling by running into the arms of Satan is not the way to go.
The are spiritual laws that we do not always understand and the bible is our guide.
I believe we are told to not dabble in the occult partly because we don't understand these laws are they are too complex to fathom for us.

By doing the tarot you have possibly made some kind of contract and the prediction you have received may come true but not because it has seen into the future but because you have invited a demon entity into your life that will now make it happen.
Had you not dabbled it would never have come to pass.
You need to quickly repent, ask for forgiveness and renounce it.

Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2015
✟25,183.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been praying and praying and praying for comfort etc, God simply has not been giving it to me. Tarot on the other hand, granted it can be inaccurate if circumstance change: I've noticed that. So I have to pray to God to make circumstance change, will he answer? No.
You won't get answers by living in rebellion to God. Consider what you are asking, does it align with Gods teachings? A defeatist attitude shows a lack of faith, and a improper view of God. Don't give yourself over to evil; answers aren't always in the way we want. Take the first step, show initiative and faith - then God will lead the way. But first, you need to decide on your allegiance, God or Satan.

Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.
“I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty.”

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Reactions: David_AB
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've been praying and praying and praying for comfort etc, God simply has not been giving it to me.
The price of admission may be complete surrender. Mt 11.28-30; Mt 15.22-28; Jam 3, 4

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've already been facing chastisement ever since I was born, just for being born.

I would like to ask you seriously.

Are the answers to whatever question you got answered from the Tarot cards worth obeying God over? Is the comfort that you say you received at getting this answer enough to make it worth it?

I am asking because you seem to be very into the fact that you believe that you got a 'correct' answer and that through prayer you have not felt this comfort. What we need to understand is that God does not hold this back from us because he does not want us to have the answer, but because the occult and demons are no joke and as a previous poster has already said they are an abomination to God.

You may ask "Why is this an abomination to God?"

Well the truth is that you are placing this occult practice in a place of importance in your life and your own post seems to indicate that you would like to continue in this practice. Because of that, you are trying to justify this position. That is normal, that is what human beings do when they want something, but is it right and how does God view this. That is the question.

Satan, the occult and his demons are God's mortal enemy. Satan wants to destroy all that God's hold's dear. Satan wants to destroy us. God hold's us very dear. Each person. The believer and the unbeliever.

What you are in essence doing and bare with me for a minute and do not get upset, is something similiar to what the Israelite's did in the time of Moses when they built and worshipped a golden calf instead of the Lord. Don't get upset that I said this, hear me out, ok?

We know that God is a jealous God. His Word tells us that. He tells us in the 10 Commandments that we WILL HAVE NO OTHER Gods. In essence, you are making an idol of this practice of using tarot. You are showing God a great disrespect. One of His own beloved Children is looking to satan for answers. You are choosing to use an occult method to obtain answers from the enemy of God. The one who wants to destroy all that God holds dear.

God is not and will not be happy with this. Not only is He not happy, he is furious. This is an abomination to Him. The highest insult. You are in essence worshipping His enemy and satan has a BIG smile on his face. Do not do this. Do you know that you have a part of God Himself, the Holy Spirit living in you? Your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. You are God's own and this is not right.

Think about this. God was so upset with the Israelite's (during Moses time) that NOT ONE PERSON who worshipped that calf saw the Promised Land. That is why God let them roam the desert for 40 years. 40 YEARS. Every single one of them died, dead. That's how much God hated that.

Do not do that beloved. Show God respect. Repent for what you have done. He will forgive you. Turn away from this sin.

Upvote 0

sahjimira

God of miracles.. He saved ME!
Jul 29, 2015
Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I wholeheartedly agree with what replies you have gotten. I was in the occult. All is seemingly fine for awhile but the demons (believe me that's what they are) will turn on u and try to destroy your life..drive u insane..kill yourself if they can. Most of all keep you confused and away from God. R u saved? U must
denouse ur and ggenerations of your ffamily's involvement in it. U may need help with this from someone Godly and experienced in these matters. Don't b afraid..u r in bondage and need to b freed. B careful who u seek help from. I could go on but suffice it to say you r open to very dangerous territory. I would love for others to give feedback and additional advice.

Upvote 0

Paul K

Dec 9, 2013
✟8,538.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I recall one moment when I was angry that things weren't going the way I wanted them to go. I was very frustrated, and wondering when will God answer my prayers. At that moment, I begged God to help me figure out how to resolve that current issue I was facing, and at that exact moment, I got an epiphany how to resolve that issue. It was then I realized that God always were with me. He will answer it in ways that its unexpected. He will answer it in His own ways. We just need to trust in Him and be patient. Just like Daniel who prayed constantly for 20 days, then finally got an answer from God. The angel who passed along the message to Daniel said that he had to fight the spirits of this world (demons) in order to bring the message to Daniel. Just remember that you are not alone, you have other believers who struggle, other believers who need acknowledgment, other believers who cares and want to support you and me.

Don't dabble in occult, nothing good will come out of it.

P

Upvote 0

Lizdirect

Sep 3, 2015
✟7,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God wants man to live by faith. If He wants to say something to you, He can also use people of God like prophets to speak to you. He can also talk to you through dreams. Therefore, anyone that is not a follower of Jesus is not of God and so they are from the devil. The devil is God's enemy, so don't do tarot readings.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0