Obama's Biblical Hostility

Mar 5, 2012
✟15,412.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
If he were such a liar you would have the evidence of it.

If you never attempt to "prove" your assertions, then you never learn the faults in what you say.

By all means present what you have found on this ... so that everyone here can learn.
Perhaps at a later time. Right now I would rather go work in my greenhouse and then work on learning to play Honky Tonk Women on my guitar.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps at a later time. Right now I would rather go work in my greenhouse and then work on learning to play Honky Tonk Women on my guitar.
Enjoy the gardening.

BTW, I happened to notice that David Barton holds the folowing awards:
Daughters of the American Revolution Medal of Honor
George Washington Honor Medal
two Angel Awards - excellence in media and educational medium

Upvote 0
C

conamer

Dude, I 'm not here to win a debate or to change your mind about anything. For that reason, I almost never try to prove anything.

We will just have to disagree to agree as gentlemen that David Barton is a big fat liar.

PS: Do you know what David Bartion currently says about the Moravian Brotherhood being granted land by Congress to propagate religion among the heathens?
You're refering to the first congress puchasing 10,000 acres of land for the "Moravian brethren" July 27, 1787 for "promoting Christianity"?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even in context, Obama's antipathy remains apparent. Obama's premise is that something is wrong with people in these "communities". He didn't even bother to qualify his statement with some people in these communities.

Instead, the only qualifier was that some "Obama enthusiasts" could be found even in these "communities".

Perhaps tulc can offer a more positive spin for this sentence?

So...even when you reply to a post about something taken out of context you take it out of context. Because what I see? Is someone (President Obama) who understands why people are reacting like they do. It wasn't antipathy it was sympathy. :wave:
tulc(suspects that since the pretext is good enough for Barton it's good enough for NHe as well) :sigh:

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So...even when you reply to a post about something taken out of context you take it out of context. Because what I see? Is someone (President Obama) who understands why people are reacting like they do. It wasn't antipathy it was sympathy. :wave:
tulc(suspects that since the pretext is good enough for Barton it's good enough for NHe as well) :sigh:
NHE finds it interesting that tulc sees warm sympathy in Obama's obviously insensitive remarks. NHE senses a poll coming up ...

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BTW, I happened to notice that David Barton holds the folowing awards:
Daughters of the American Revolution Medal of Honor
George Washington Honor Medal
two Angel Awards - excellence in media and educational medium

hmmm I noticed President Obama has a Nobel Peace Prize a Grammy and killed Osama bin Laden, what's your point? :confused:
tulc(is just wondering) :D

Reactions: JoyJuice
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NHE finds it interesting that tulc sees warm sympathy in Obama's obviously insensitive remarks. NHE senses a poll coming up ...

I'm not sure why, but feel free. :wave:
tulc(suspects the poll will say more about the people voting then find any real "truth") :sorry:

Upvote 0

Humble Pie

Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
✟10,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks again! I considered myself a Christian before I read here what other Christians told me Christianity was all about. People here helped me make a decision regarding Christianity. Well done.

Did you give it up because of people or because of God's word?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you give it up because of people or because of God's word?

I don't think I've ever met anyone who stopped being a Christians because of something the Bible said, but I've met dozens who gave up because the Church drove them away. :wave:
tulc(just sayn') :sorry:

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Lets do this: instead of posting a long list of out of context "quotes" let's look at some of them, in context and see if maybe they aren't as sinister as they're made out to be. Like this one:
here's it in context
Remember this rule: "a text, taken out of context is pretext for a proof text" until each of the above statements about President Obama are given some sort of context they can only be seen as a pretext to support Barton's dislike of President Obama. :wave:
tulc(is a firm believer in context for Scriptures AND life) ;)

:thumbsup::amen:

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
people like Rick Santorum drive off Moderate Christians.
I'm still waiting for someone to post something offensive which Santorum has actually said. All I ever read though is mis-characterizations from the mainstream media.

What's Santorum said that offended you, Szechuan?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Mar 5, 2012
✟15,412.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
You're refering to the first congress puchasing 10,000 acres of land for the "Moravian brethren" July 27, 1787 for "promoting Christianity"?
I believe that it was actually 12,000 acres.

The First U. S. Congress didn't buy the land in question and it wasn't granted to the Moravians for the purpose of promoting Christianity.

In 1787 or it might have been 1788, the Continental Congress granted a trust in some land in Ohio to a group of people who organized as “The Society of the United Brethren for propagating the Gospel among the Heathen” for the purpose of helping a pacifistic tribe of brutalized Deleware Indians (Known as the "Christian Indians") return to land in Ohio that they had occupied, as very successful farmers, at the beginning of the American Revolution.

At the start of the Revolution, the Continental Congress had promised to give the Indians offical ownership of the land they occupied in Ohio in exchange for the Indians, who were pacifists, not taking up the hatchet against the Americans.

The Indians kept their promise. However, they had been brutalized during the war by other Indian tribes, the British and the Pennsylvania militia. By the end of the war, many of the Indians were dead and the surviors had dispersed. Eventually a group of turvivors a decendents were found in Canada.

To make a long one short, the Society failed in its attempt to convince the Indians to re-occupy the land in question. In 1823, the Moravians gave up on their noble attempt to get the Indians to take title to the land that was rightful theirs and reliquished the land back to the United States.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Moderate Christians? Would those be the ones that are neither hot nor cold?
Rev 3:14-22 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Upvote 0