Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The problem Fantine, is that Obama is not Jesus, despite what his fans think.
One big difference is that Jesus did not curtsy to world dictators like Obama curtsied to the Saudi king. Maybe a little curtsy to Herod may have even saved him a whole lot of pain.

I believe that most of the world's dictators today do perceive Obama as weak though. Putin understands fully that America will not be opposing them in their sphere of interest and Russian satellite countries are now adjusting their interest accordingly. Ahmadinejad and the Iranian revolutionary guard fully understand that they could do what they please as far as America will stop them from doing so, and Israel knows too that if anyone is going to stop Iran, it will have to be under Israeli leadership.
similarly, Saudi Arabia is talking to Russia abotu nukes, and in Latin America, it is now Chavez who is the force to be reckoned with. For sure an Obama regime will do nothing to stop him, and will even enable his allies in the area, such as in Honduras.

I see unilateral disarmament and appology tours as being signs of weakness. More importantly, America's enemies and allies too have come to pretty much the same conclusion.

Upvote 0
I don't want to hijack the thread, but there is some stuff that is just not right, Islam wise.

Hey Fantine, did you know that the admin for the website you posted is a former Catholic from Ireland? I found another site that he runs and looks like it may be a bit less than genuine. Are you familiar with the concept of abrogation in Islamic theology? If you want to know the final word on a subject you must consult the latest revelation on that subject. To do that you need to consult your chart showing order of revelation then check to see what that book said on the topic. One must remember the Koran in arranged by size of the book not by chronology.

If you truly want learn about Islam, look for sites for Muslims that are in English, unless you can read classical Arabic. Also if you have one in your town, go to Muslim bookstore and walk to the back and look for stuff for Muslims. One book that might be of benefit is my Syyid Qutb called 'Milestones'. A member of the Muslim Brotherhood, Qutb gets into how the implementation of Islamic prinicles should take place and how to know when you have reached a milestone.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fairly gentle satire of the Nobel Peace Prize award to President Obama, although they do get to the only reason for the award: Obama is not George Bush. With the satire of a done-nothing presidency last week, Saturday Night Live is helping to inaugurate a new phase in the Obama saga, one in which he can no longer assume that comics will treat him as off-limits simply because of their usually leftist political sympathies.

Video here: http://the-american-catholic.com/2009/10/11/saturday-night-live-on-nobel-peace-prize-award/

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,129.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The SNL satire basically had Obama say he received the award because he wasn't GWB.

Well, even if that is the case (as Obama-haters say it is) it shows how desperate the world was to have an American President who could exert leadership, who could inspire other countries, who could bring them together to work for peace.

It might show that they were even as desperate as we were for a new administration.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Prize fools -Times Online

When Henry Kissinger was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1973, the satirist Tom Lehrer remarked that he saw no further need to perform as the award had made satire obsolete. By offering the world’s most prestigious political accolade to Barack Obama, a man who has held office for barely nine months, the Norwegian Nobel Committee is in danger of putting the entire comedy industry out of business.
The committee has put hope above results, promise above achievement. The prize undermines the selfless triumphs of earlier winners. Indeed, the award’s obvious political intent looks partisan, a signal of European relief at the end of the Bush presidency.

Reactions: Romans 13:3
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Last night religious leaders and politicians expressed outrage that Sharia law is gaining an increasing foothold in our society.

Critics insisted that the More..

AND...

The Daily Express can reveal that one of the controversial courts has been set up in the home town of the 7/7 London bombings ringleader.

LiveLeak.com - UK: NOW MUSLIMS GET THEIR OWN LAWS IN BRITAIN

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Obama wins peace prize

This one poster puts a whole new spin on that :D

http://www.christianforums.com/t7408595/#post53164320
Obama's Nobel Peace Prize a type of anointing?

www .msnbc.msn.com/id/33240701/ns/politics-white_house/

Ok, so I'm reading this article about Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize, (It comes outta no where) and come across a guy saying that the world has anointed Obama.
That strikes me as odd as the first thing that came to mind was Jesus getting anointed at his baptism.
The 1st rider is white, (a false messiah) and carries a bow with no arrows.
Bible also speaks of the beast winning by speech.

I dunno, just something to think about.
Probably nothing, I don't think the AC comes from a gentile nation does he?

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Obama wins peace prize

Ok, so I'm reading this article about Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize, (It comes outta no where) and come across a guy saying that the world has anointed Obama.
That strikes me as odd as the first thing that came to mind was Jesus getting anointed at his baptism.

I'm not sure but I don't think the Catholic Church teaches where the anti-Christ will come from. I honestly don't know much about the anti-Christ when it comes to Catholic theology. Catholics don't tend to focus on eschatology much in my experience.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Obama wins peace prize

How did we get to the point where people who claim the name of the one who said "Blessed are the peacemakers" look upon anyone who calls for peace with deep suspicion?

Upvote 0

InTheCloud

Veteran
May 9, 2007
Planet Earth
✟12,597.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
how desperate the world was to have an American President who could exert leadership, who could inspire other countries, who could bring them together to work for peace.

The problem is that often is also to advance their collectivist agendas. The Honduras case shows that Obama is not willings to inspire anything were there is not a collectivist agenda to push.

I wonder why they SNL sketch still up. Last week was removed from You Tube citing copyright reasons and fact checked lovingly by CNN. Copyright reasons has not detered YouTube to get the Palin and MacCains sketches up.

This is very sad and funny:

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/09/stunner-community-organizers-pray-to.html

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
He promised in the campaign that America would play nice, be multilateral diplomats, go through the UN, etc, etc. That is the reason they gave, in a nutshell.

For people who had already decided that Bush was more of a threat to world peace than Ahmadinejad or virtually any other dictator du jour, the idea of a weak president winning the presidency of America becomes by definition a great victory for peace. It is sort of like if Hitler died in 1942 and was replaced by Shirley Temple. L'il Shirely would have to do nothing more than show her dimples,and the world would already be a better place.

When America is seen as the main problem working against world peace, a weak, non-assertive, unassuming sort of man as president of America is seen as a good thing by the rest of the world—or at least by the world's Left, as IntheCloud points out.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rome, Italy, Oct 12, 2009 / 01:33 pm (CNA).-
The semi-official Vatican daily, L’Osservatore Romano, has called the decision to award President Obama with the Nobel Peace Prize premature and more of an invitation to choose peace through politics. The award is also questionable because of his position on various bio-ethics issues, especially abortion.

The article points out that “the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to Barack Obama has taken everyone somewhat by surprise, first and foremost the U.S. president himself.”

“During the last 90 years,” L'Osservatore noted, “the prize has never been awarded to a sitting U.S. president—when it was awarded to Jimmy Carter in 2002 he had been out of office already for some time—[but was] involved in politics and susceptible, therefore, to making a range of decisions related to peace.”

Perhaps for this reason, the newspaper said, “Analysts have almost unanimously interpreted his selection as a way of pressuring Obama to make pacifist choices as his administration continues forward.”

L'Osservatore also questioned the administratoion's actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, saying that the decisions seem aimed at trying to find a middle way between “fidelity to the pacifist statements made during the campaign season and a more realistic policy, which some have defined as a continuation of that of the ‘warmonger’ Bush.”

This back-and-forth policy, the paper observed, is very similar to the approach that Obama has taken to “the great bioethics issues, with abortion being first and foremost.” His way of doing things has generated great controversy among Catholics in the country, the daily added.

Continued- http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=17363

Upvote 0

InTheCloud

Veteran
May 9, 2007
Planet Earth
✟12,597.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mexican political science professor Jorge Castañeda, hardly a right winger, has an article on Time critizing Obamas Honduras policy and saying:

"constant apologizing maybe be good for the soul but is not good foreign policy".

Obama we all got the point, you are not Bush, now when we will know who you are?

Upvote 0