1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama vs. The Catholic Church

Discussion in 'OBOB General Politics Forum' started by Michie, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter CF Ambassador

Faith:
    Catholic
    [​IMG]
    “In effect, the president is saying we have a year to figure out how to violate our consciences,” said Cardinal-designate Timothy Dolan, USCCB president. READ MORE ยป

2. The Catholic World News site has an article today quoting the White House Press Secretary claiming that the HHS ruling does not violate religious liberty.

3. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

Faith:
    Catholic
    I just watched a segment on Chris Matthews and the two guests as well as him[BIBLE][/BIBLE]self think this was a bad idea by the HHS Secretary.

My take is that if Obama doesn't reverse her decision, Catholics will probably not vote for him as they did in 2008 and it will hurt his re-election bid.

Jim

4. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote

Faith:
    Catholic
    I don't see it as a game-changing issue.

If Obama grants conscience protections, the Catholic bishops, led by Chaput, will loudly proclaim that good Catholics can't vote for him--24 hours a day, seven days a week.

If Obama doesn't grant conscience protections, the Catholic bishops, led by Chaput, will loudly proclaim that good Catholics can't vote for him--24 hours a day, seven days a week.

When they're already launching a massive campaign to defeat him--in order to level the playing field, so that we'll all have conscience protections--we just WON'T have any health insurance at all!

I am sure that the people who will lose health coverage if the Republicans repeal health care, including those over 55 who were counting on Medicare someday, will feel so comforted to know that bishops are sleeping well at night while they're taking half the medicines they need and neglecting necessary medical treatments because of finances.

5. frivgames

frivgames Newbie

Faith:
    Anglican
    Funny, the Catholic Church is finally waking up to Obama's "I worship abortion" flavor of evil. It's about time, lets hope they help sink the freaking Marxist.

6. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

Faith:
    Catholic
    I am so sick of having President Obama as our president. He is the most pro-abortion president we have ever had and now this! I can tell you one thing that is 100% certain: I won't be voting for him! And this is not to mention that his administration has promoted the liberal "gay rights" agenda.

7. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

Faith:
    Catholic

Obama doesn't worship abortion or desire it for anyone.

This is the sort of crazy talk that has driven independents away from conservatives. Independents are the swing vote for president, and unless they begin to embrace logical moral values, they'll always reject what they see as an infringement of individual freedoms.

Jim