United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CAT-Obamavs.jpg

“In effect, the president is saying we have a year to figure out how to violate our consciences,” said Cardinal-designate Timothy Dolan, USCCB president. READ MORE »

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just watched a segment on Chris Matthews and the two guests as well as him[BIBLE][/BIBLE]self think this was a bad idea by the HHS Secretary.

My take is that if Obama doesn't reverse her decision, Catholics will probably not vote for him as they did in 2008 and it will hurt his re-election bid.

Jim

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,073,197.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't see it as a game-changing issue.

If Obama grants conscience protections, the Catholic bishops, led by Chaput, will loudly proclaim that good Catholics can't vote for him--24 hours a day, seven days a week.

If Obama doesn't grant conscience protections, the Catholic bishops, led by Chaput, will loudly proclaim that good Catholics can't vote for him--24 hours a day, seven days a week.

When they're already launching a massive campaign to defeat him--in order to level the playing field, so that we'll all have conscience protections--we just WON'T have any health insurance at all!

I am sure that the people who will lose health coverage if the Republicans repeal health care, including those over 55 who were counting on Medicare someday, will feel so comforted to know that bishops are sleeping well at night while they're taking half the medicines they need and neglecting necessary medical treatments because of finances.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟106,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am so sick of having President Obama as our president. He is the most pro-abortion president we have ever had and now this! I can tell you one thing that is 100% certain: I won't be voting for him! And this is not to mention that his administration has promoted the liberal "gay rights" agenda.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Funny, the Catholic Church is finally waking up to Obama's "I worship abortion" flavor of evil. It's about time, lets hope they help sink the freaking Marxist.

Obama doesn't worship abortion or desire it for anyone.

This is the sort of crazy talk that has driven independents away from conservatives. Independents are the swing vote for president, and unless they begin to embrace logical moral values, they'll always reject what they see as an infringement of individual freedoms.

Jim

Upvote 0