MrGoodBytes

Seeker for life, probably
Mar 4, 2006
✟22,772.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Gangs, the illegal drugs sooo prevalent here with the drive-by shootings that victimize and/or kill children, the public schools here that are nothing more than breeding grounds for gang-recruitment of our children, the horror of parents here who are worse than their children and join in groups of juv's assaulting other juv's....our dollar power that is at about worth "nill" now...

i could go on and on....
I agree, the War on Drugs is a grotesque failure and must be ended post haste.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree, the War on Drugs is a grotesque failure and must be ended post haste.

Yes!!! Can you imagine how FRUSTRATING this is? I'm a 911 operator....and i hear it all...older people scared to come out of their doors...drug dealers on their front steps daring them to step out or call the police..the rampant "no telling" that inundates my communities...the ignoring ogf all of this by the powers tht be....

this is only the tip of the iceberg....

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
The swine flu is part of last plague #5 (new diseases):

"Then the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom became full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues because of the pain. 11 They blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and did not repent of their deeds." (Revelation 16:10-11)

Upvote 0

ThankGodforGod

Jul 17, 2009
✟9,281.00
Faith
Non-Denom
bill-ayers-steps-on-flag.jpg

i guess this photo is too suttle for you eh?

If the photo were of him using a flag to wipe himself I would not be anymore scared. Do anything you want to the flag, it is simply cloth and nothing he can do to it will cause me "terror".

Upvote 0

ThankGodforGod

Jul 17, 2009
✟9,281.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My point is there are bigger risks that are not treated with the same hyper-over reaction of the media and this administration. If the government had a better track record I would not be suspicious.

The data proves that there IS a need for a heightened reaction.

Upvote 0

ThankGodforGod

Jul 17, 2009
✟9,281.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes!!! Can you imagine how FRUSTRATING this is? I'm a 911 operator....and i hear it all...older people scared to come out of their doors...drug dealers on their front steps daring them to step out or call the police..the rampant "no telling" that inundates my communities...the ignoring ogf all of this by the powers tht be....

this is only the tip of the iceberg....

How many calls you get about liquor store owners gunning down rivals?

Upvote 0

ThankGodforGod

Jul 17, 2009
✟9,281.00
Faith
Non-Denom
regular flu
AIDS
terrorists
murderers
child predators

should I go on? There are other things that are killing far more people.

This admin is all about the power grab. To paraphrase one of obama's handlers....never let a good crisis go to waste.

Can you back that up? I know chances of dying of terrorism are pretty low.

I have yet to see Obama try and "grab power" and I personally don't think it will happen. This particular strain is not killing enough people even to make the idea that the vaccine is evil go away (irrational fear tends to fail as bodies stack up).

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If the photo were of him using a flag to wipe himself I would not be anymore scared. Do anything you want to the flag, it is simply cloth and nothing he can do to it will cause me "terror".

I didn't notice before. THe flag is crumpled in a heap at his feet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
are you serious?

you think we need to quote a source to compare 1000 swine flu deaths to the number of deaths due to regular flu, AIDS, murder, or any other threat to society?

You honestly don't see what is happening in our country?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
are you serious?

you think we need to quote a source to compare 1000 swine flu deaths to the number of deaths due to regular flu, AIDS, murder, or any other threat to society?

indeed.

Upvote 0

ThankGodforGod

Jul 17, 2009
✟9,281.00
Faith
Non-Denom
are you serious?

You chances of dying in a terrorist attack in the US are up there with getting hit by lightning. On the other hand there have been more than 1000 deaths thus far but I am not sure on the stats. I would venture to say that you are more likely to contract and die of H1N1 as an American than die in a terrorist attack.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You chances of dying in a terrorist attack in the US are up there with getting hit by lightning. On the other hand there have been more than 1000 deaths thus far but I am not sure on the stats. I would venture to say that you are more likely to contract and die of H1N1 as an American than die in a terrorist attack.

"terrorism" in the tru-est sense of the word, is happening right here on our streets. People, children included, are, and have been, dropping like flies.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
regular flu

Really? The number of those who have died from H1N1 has already surpassed the total number of people who died from the flu through the WHOLE SEASON. And we're just in the beginning of flu season.

About PEPFAR

terrorists
Obama Renews Bush's 9/11 State of Emergency | CommonDreams.org

murderers
This is actually a state matter that BHO doesn't have much control over. Or are you saying you'd be willing to give him control because it's an issue you're concerned about??

child predators
ICE Customized Google Search

should I go on? There are other things that are killing far more people.
But the H1N1 can be contained. If we could vaccinate someone against murder or child predators, would you?

This admin is all about the power grab. To paraphrase one of obama's handlers....never let a good crisis go to waste.

What power have they grabbed?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrGoodBytes

Seeker for life, probably
Mar 4, 2006
✟22,772.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
are you serious?

you think we need to quote a source to compare 1000 swine flu deaths to the number of deaths due to regular flu
36.000 a year. Tragical, but there's really very little you can do about it.

AIDS_Deaths-US_1987-1997.gif

hmrt.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]FBI Releases 2007 Crime Statistics [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] After rising for two straight years, the estimated number of violent crimes in the nation declined from the previous year’s total. The declining trend continued for property crimes, as those offenses were down for the fifth year in a row.

Statistics released today by the FBI show that the estimated volume of violent crime was down 0.7 percent, and the estimated volume of property crime decreased 1.4 percent in 2007 when compared with 2006 figures. The estimated rate of violent crime was 466.9 occurrences per 100,000 inhabitants (a 1.4 percent decrease from the 2006 rate), and the estimated rate of property crime was 3,263.5 per 100,000 inhabitants (a 2.1 percent decline).
The FBI presented these data today in the 2007 edition of Crime in the United States, a statistical compilation of offense and arrest data as reported by law enforcement agencies throughout the nation. The FBI collected these data via the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) program.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
or any other threat to society?
Like what? Terrorism?
No, I really don't.

Upvote 0

canehdianhotstuff

I pour water into acid, I'm crazy like that.
Dec 29, 2003
Pembroke, ON
✟12,820.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
H1N1 is a bunch of crap, vaccines will hardly work. A virus changes from host to host EVERY time, to a point where a vaccine becomes useless.

Your chances of dying from H1N1 aren't that great, and if you do suspect you have it, don't go to the bloody hospital and spread it. Call in, and they will send someone to your place.

I did a lovely thesis on this virus 3 years ago in university for Biochemistry, interesting virus back then, but nonetheless, it seems to act no more than a regular flu virus now, except a little harsher. It's not going to be a pandemic.

Upvote 0