Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ce-against-police-is-completely-unacceptable/

Obama called Kathleen Goforth, the deputy’s widow, on Monday while he was traveling to Alaska, according to a statement from the White House. During the call, Obama said he offered her prayers on the loss of “a veteran law enforcement officer who was contemptibly shot and killed.”

He went on to decry any violence against officers, saying that Americans must stand up for the safety of police across the country.

“I also promised that I would continue to highlight the uncommon bravery that police officers show in our communities every single day,” Obama said in the statement. “They put their lives on the line for our safety. Targeting police officers is completely unacceptable — an affront to civilized society.”

Upvote 0

gpldisciple

Disciple
Sep 2, 2014
Chico, CA USA
✟740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Did not see that news anywhere. I guess the difference is when Michael Brown was killed by police after committing a crime and refusing orders, BHO was at the WH podium over and over and over again talking about racism in America.
Big difference.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

gpldisciple

Disciple
Sep 2, 2014
Chico, CA USA
✟740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did not see that news anywhere. I guess the difference is when Michael Brown was killed by police after committing a crime and refusing orders, BHO was at the WH podium over and over and over again talking about racism in America.
Big difference.

...time to re-evaluate your news source perhaps?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would that be? I do not watch TV news.

Maybe the sources you read don't publish anything that doesn't bash the President so when he does something even they have to admit is good they simply don't post it. :wave:
tulc(seems fairly obvious actually)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thank you for the link. I hadn't heard anything either. But that is one out of 2 dozen?

Guess he's busy running the country eh.
Not to busy to compare a criminal to looking like his son would, not to busy to demand DOJ look into a death. Seems he is very outspoken when people of the "right" color and background are killed, but keep pretty soft spoken when people that protect the people of society are killed.

...time to re-evaluate your news source perhaps?
My news: CNN, Fox, and local news. Maybe the president should make it more available.

Reactions: gpldisciple
Upvote 0

kidwboro

Aug 13, 2012
Little Neck, NY 11362
✟8,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We need to remind ourselves. God put Obama in there.
Scripture tells the whole story, folks.

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."
[Romans 13:1]

"Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well."
[1 Peter 2:13-14]

And also keep in mind:
"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
[Matthew 7:1-3]

I myself am not a politician. I wouldn't be able to handle a job like President.
Some of you probably ARE able to handle the job. I see a lot of strong people in this room. You should consider running for President if you think you can do a better job than he. Go for it. This is a free country, the land of opportunity. Give it a shot.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Remember folks:

When people trained to serve and protect misuse their power and authority to target and discriminate--and murder--black people it's not really a big problem worth addressing.

But when a cop is murdered and the perpetrator happens to be black, there must be outrage for the systematic injustice that's in our country.

And don't say that black lives matter, because that's "racist".

all-houses-matter.jpg

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Guess he's busy running the country eh.

Man, these Obama haters are just never happy! If he doesn't talk, they bash him, if he does talk, they bash him. I wish they would make up their minds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Man, these Obama haters are just never happy! If he doesn't talk, they bash him, if he does talk, they bash him. I wish they would make up their minds.

The ODS doesn't allow for any other reaction except outrage. Makes things SO much easier if you don't have to think about something, you simply are outraged and take the opposite side. President Obama says something? :mad: OUTRAGE!! HE SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID ANYTHING!! :mad: President Obama doesn't say something? :mad: OUTRAGE!! HE SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING!!:mad: and so on. For every action there's :mad: OUTRAGE!! :mad:. :wave:
tulc(wonders if there's a cure?) :scratch:

Upvote 0