Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
....the reporters 38 second question....and it's crude implication....is non-sense.
Wow a reporter asked a 38 second question... whew! I bet that strained ole Obamas brain there didn't it! Or perhaps the constitutional scholar didn't care about question length just the fact that the question pointed out he was more interested in his legacy than getting four americans out of an iranian prison.

38 seconds.... I don't know who he withstood such vigorous questioning. I'm shocked.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow a reporter asked a 38 second question... whew! I bet that strained ole Obamas brain there didn't it! Or perhaps the constitutional scholar didn't care about question length just the fact that the question pointed out he was more interested in his legacy than getting four americans out of an iranian prison.

38 seconds.... I don't know who he withstood such vigorous questioning. I'm shocked.

The reporter could have simply asked - Is is right for the US Government to negotiate with a country who holds US hostages? And let us thinking people decide....but no, like so many so-called reporters these days, he was incapable of asking a precise question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The reporter could have simply asked - Is is right for the US Government to negotiate with a country who holds US hostages? And let us thinking people decide....but no, like so many so-called reporters these days, he was incapable of asking a precise question.

Also unlike so many reporters these days, he didn't slobber before the great O.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It makes me laugh that Conservatives on this site speak with more deference towards Obama than all but maybe one or two of the Democrats on this site.

That is a stupidly worded question that no Conservative would be happy with the answer anyways. My true thoughts on the question would end up with too much mouth washing, so I'll leave it at that.

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess the Iran four aren't as important as Bowe Bergdahl.

Or the Iranian prisoners Iran demanded and got...

"But Messrs. Obama and John F. Kerry’s nuclear deal has also left Pastor Saeed Abedini and three other Americans behind to languish in Iranian prisons. I have written extensively on these pages about the plight of American pastor Saeed Abedini, who earlier this month endured his 1,000th day in an Iranian prison. Mr. Obama broke a promise to Pastor Abedini’s family, when he promised to make Pastor Abedini’s release a “top priority.” Instead this American pastor is left to suffer continued beatings and torture in one of the world’s worst prisons simply because he is a devout Christian believer. Interestingly, on June 29, 2015, The Wall Street Journal reported in a front-page article entitled, “Iran Wish List Led To U.S. Talks,” that beginning in late 2009, Iran sought the release of a number of Iranians held in U.S. and British prisons as a precondition to nuclear talks with the United States. In addition, Iran asked the United States to blacklist a number of opposition groups hostile to Iran (which the Obama Administration did), and to increase the number of visas provided to Iranian students wishing to study in the United States. Among the Iranian prisoners sought by the mullahs were two convicted arms smugglers, a retired senior diplomat, and a prominent scientist convicted of illegal exports to Iran...Pastor Abedini and three other Americans remain in Iranian prisons, whereas the former Iranian prisoners are back in their country."
See more at: http://touchstonemag.com/merecomments/#sthash.K1nhkNPj.dpuf-

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It makes me laugh that Conservatives on this site speak with more deference towards Obama than all but maybe one or two of the Democrats on this site.
I love how the Liberals (if one can broad brush I guess we both can) can't seem to keep their story straight, first it's, "Those horrible conservatives are so vile and mean to the president!" then its, "Those silly conservatives are so oddly deferential to the leader of their country."

Pick one.

That is a stupidly worded question that no Conservative would be happy with the answer anyways. My true thoughts on the question would end up with too much mouth washing, so I'll leave it at that.

Yes no doubt, '"forget" them they are just Americans' would be frowned upon by the site.

Upvote 0