The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Well at least he didn't insult our allies numerous times. Can't *believe* Obama did.

As a citizen of one of your purported allies I can tell you that we have been insulted far les often by your current president than the one who preceded him.

Please cite those numerous offenses of your allies that you mentioned. I love international politics and would like to speculate with you on what the possible repercussions and consequences of these comments are.

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well at least he didn't insult our allies numerous times. Can't *believe* Obama did. Each time he's done that I feel like apologizing for him and then crawling in a hole. Like I said, I thought the White House had a department of protocol or ettiquette. So embarrassing.

Um, yeah, it's an entire office in the State Department encompassing multiple units for things like foreign visits by head of state, ceremony and ambassadorial management. Office of the Chief of Protocol

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Well at least he didn't insult our allies numerous times. Can't *believe* Obama did. Each time he's done that I feel like apologizing for him and then crawling in a hole. Like I said, I thought the White House had a department of protocol or ettiquette. So embarrassing.

I'll just bring up one country: France.

Another sheer brilliance from our President in trying to stick it to them: Freedom Fries.

He sure showed them, now, didn't he?

You may not like Bush's speech, but as a former Texan, I found it lilting. And his manners were impeccable. (Bush actually cared for the people--he even stopped playing the game he loved, golf, when the country was suffering in the war, but Obama won't even cut back on his golfing, partying, and vacations when he knows we are suffering in this recession and he didn't care when his motorcades snarled traffic and had the local people complaining.) I definitely dislike the stuttering of Obama and the way he ends declarative sentences as if each had a question mark drives me "up the wall". Don't like his mannerisms at all. And then the fact that he can't even talk to a class of elementary school children without a teleprompter just "floors me."

You can't be serious?

Obama overdoes his vacation days too, the only difference here is the Bush did it mostly on his ranch whereas Obama goes all over the place.

Oh just in case you didn't know, propably not since the media doesn't seem to report it very much, Obama too had a locked door problem. It was in the While House. Tried the French doors off a patio and they were locked. You know I bet you and I have approached a locked door thinking it was open once or twice in our lifetimes. It's not a gaffe.

There was another gaffe not mentioned in the video I provided: G8 summit in Moscow. See what our previous Rhodes Scholar had to say to Blair.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I'll just bring up one country: France.

Another sheer brilliance from our President in trying to stick it to them: Freedom Fries.

He sure showed them, now, didn't he?

The French loved that. It made them seem all serious. Plus, they now have a reason to be aloof.

Not that they needed one, but it made them look good.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
The French loved that. It made them seem all serious. Plus, they now have a reason to be aloof.

They always find reasons to be aloof.

By no means do I find the French fine and dandy myself but that most certainly was not the way to go about things.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
They always find reasons to be aloof.

By no means do I find the French fine and dandy myself but that most certainly was not the way to go about things.

I quite like the French. They're not so bad once you get to know them.

They do, of course, think they are better than everyone else but after a while they stop rubbing your nose in it and let's face it, their country is stunning.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
They do, of course, think they are better than everyone else but after a while they stop rubbing your nose in it and let's face it, their country is stunning.

As long as you don't venture into those rundown communities where there is a Muslim population.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
As long as you don't venture into those rundown communities where there is a Muslim population.

What, the banlieus of Paris? I don't think anyone with half a brain would venture in there. I don't think can blame Islam alone for that, though, it's got more to do with colonialisation of the Maghreb than anything else.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fact is, Obama's gaffs don't come near to the national embarassment of his predicessor, George Bush.

Jim

George Bush never hung a portrait of Mao Tse-Tung on the White House Christmas tree. Obama did.

That's enough for me.

I'll admit, I didn't agree with everything that Gerorge Bush did---but I don't agree with anything Obama has done. He cannot possibly leave office soon enough, AFAIC.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brooklyn Knight

Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
What, the banlieus of Paris? I don't think anyone with half a brain would venture in there. I don't think can blame Islam alone for that, though, it's got more to do with colonialisation of the Maghreb than anything else.

I don't blame Islam that they are living the way they are. That fault goes to France. You can trace the racism on both a micro and macro level.

France always proclaims they have a royal flush, but they never want to present all their cards.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
George Bush never hung a portrait of Mao Tse-Tung on the White House Christmas tree. Obama did.

Neither did Obama, in fact neither he nor the 1st Lady knew of such a thing until Fox News put the story out, which was misleading.

The WH staff hired a decorator to decorate the tree. Being a designer who is controversial, he hung an ornament with an Andy Warhol portrait of Mao, which had him wearing lipstick and eye makeup.

When the Obama's learned of it, they had it removed.

BTW, the Obama's had their own tree in the presidential residence quarters with traditional decorations.

It amazes me the level of hatred the right has for this man, to the degree that even Catholics fall for any negative stories they hear, no matter how rediculous.

Jim

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As a citizen of one of your purported allies

Your icon is of the Netherlands. I didn't mention that the Netherlands were an Ally. I only mentioned America's Allies--Britain, Israel, Canada, Japan, and Australia. Let's see for Great Britain: getting "touchy-feely" with the Queen, showing disrespect to their national anthem, sending an insulting and inappropriate gift to her when she sent him a meaningful and appropriate gift, giving the British Prime Minister a useless gift, insulting the British people by returning their gift to the American people. For Israel: calling their prime minister a liar and engaging in negative gossiping, refusing to even meet with him (and going so far as to leave and taking much of Congress with him when the Prime Minister called to speak to a joint session of Congress, and oh yes, leaving him to fend for himself in the White House (but giving a state dinner to the Chinese). For Canada: Vetoing the Keystone Pipeline when it had *already* been in the works for *three* years (during which time they were given the impression that it was going to be a "done deal".) Bush may have done a lot of things (in the beginning Bush's approval rating was 91% and even though he kept us safe from another 9-11 atrocity, his approval rating did plummet over his eight years). Still he wasn't so insulting to his Allies.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Your icon is of the Netherlands. I didn't mention that the Netherlands were an Ally. I only mentioned America's Allies--Britain, Israel, Canada, Japan, and Australia. Let's see for Great Britain: getting "touchy-feely" with the Queen, showing disrespect to their national anthem, sending an insulting and inappropriate gift to her when she sent him a meaningful and appropriate gift, giving the British Prime Minister a useless gift, insulting the British people by returning their gift to the American people. For Israel: calling their prime minister a liar and engaging in negative gossiping, refusing to even meet with him (and going so far as to leave and taking much of Congress with him when the Prime Minister called to speak to a joint session of Congress, and oh yes, leaving him to fend for himself in the White House (but giving a state dinner to the Chinese). For Canada: Vetoing the Keystone Pipeline when it had *already* been in the works for *three* years (during which time they were given the impression that it was going to be a "done deal".) Bush may have done a lot of things (in the beginning Bush's approval rating was 91% and even though he kept us safe from another 9-11 atrocity, his approval rating did plummet over his eight years). Still he wasn't so insulting to his Allies.

France aren't our allies?

Okay, then how about how Bush went about with Canada? Aside from cows having mad cow (Which certainly came from Canada), Bush went as far as to question whether Canada cared about the war on terror, if it was a genuine neighbor, and relations between Washington and Ottawa were just sullied.

As for your qualms, I doubt Britain nor the Queen found them insulting. Israel needs a little reality check: More dialogue and less pointing of guns. Also, stop displacing Palestinians on their land. As a matter of fact, rid Palestine and Israel and form a new country: The Democratic Republic of 6000 years of Bloodshed for the Greater Good of God.

Let us not forget the numerous Israeli spies all over the country that the U.S. turns a blind eye towards.

Just because Bush and his lackeys agreed to one thing, it doesn't mean that Obama and his lackeys have to oblige to it. Not only that, look at some of the environmental hazards that could be posed with such a pipeline.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums