Obama Administration to Severely Wounded Vets: Suicide is Painless!

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not according to my attorney. Eighteen is the age of majority.

It varies according to states.

Generally, when it comes to child support in a divorce, if the child is in school, then it can go to 23 years of age.

However, the custodial parent, is responsible for the child until age 21.

Jim

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
plainswolf;

There are what, 12 million illegal aliens in this country? How many of them show up for free health care forums?

I'm sure they show up.

However, the news reports that I saw, interviewed Americans, in their late 50's who lost their jobs and their unemployment benefits ran out.

I know people in this situation.

If you're over 55 and lose your job, you can almost bet you won't find another one.

Jim

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
no.. no no... I did not sign him in or out, he signed himself in and out. he is in no way a minor under the law. If he was in collage he could be on a family plan but since he is an adult and not in school, he is responsible for the bill. Children up to 25 can remain under a family plan as long as they are full time students.

and no, medical bills that go into collection.. they do not put a lien on the house, they can, i guess for bills that are in the hundreds of thousands but for this? No... I know what I'm talking about, I had many a unpaid medical bills in the past and if it is a government subsidized hospital they leave you alone after a few attempts. the government pays them back.

Now it will be on your credit report but when your buying a house, medical bills that are outstanding, you do not have to repay those if your trying to get a loan... credit debts, etc, you do becuase they can put a lien but medical...? no way.

Well I hope you're right. Here in Massachusetts, you are responsible for a child under 21 who lives under your roof.

Jim

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
JoabAnias,
I watched Bill Moyers last evening, which I had recorded earlier.

He had on KATHLEEN HALL JAMIESON, who is form the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania.

I enjoyed listening to her during the presidential campaign, and how she pointed out the deceptions from the left and right, and how the media uses the deceptions in their reporting.

Here's the transcript from the interview. Note how both guest point out the distortions presented from both sides, on Obama's health-care reform bill, and how the media uses it. Also, take not of how Obama himself, doesn't call it a Health-Care Reform bill, but a Health Insurance Reform bill.

Bill Moyers Journal . Transcripts | PBS

As I've been saying from the beginning, this bill is being written for the insurance industry, who will get to add 40 million new customers, via the government mandate.

The only way this can be fixed, is to have the government option. As people begin to see, that they can get government insurance for 30% less than through private insurance, they switch. Eventually the private insurers will move out of the health-insurance business.

Jim

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JoabAnias,
I watched Bill Moyers last evening, which I had recorded earlier.

He had on KATHLEEN HALL JAMIESON, who is form the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania.

I enjoyed listening to her during the presidential campaign, and how she pointed out the deceptions from the left and right, and how the media uses the deceptions in their reporting.

Here's the transcript from the interview. Note how both guest point out the distortions presented from both sides, on Obama's health-care reform bill, and how the media uses it. Also, take not of how Obama himself, doesn't call it a Health-Care Reform bill, but a Health Insurance Reform bill.

Bill Moyers Journal . Transcripts | PBS

As I've been saying from the beginning, this bill is being written for the insurance industry, who will get to add 40 million new customers, via the government mandate.

The only way this can be fixed, is to have the government option. As people begin to see, that they can get government insurance for 30% less than through private insurance, they switch. Eventually the private insurers will move out of the health-insurance business.

Jim

I am concerned with the issues the Bishops raise.

It would be an easy fix for the Bishops to get behind this.

It would be great to have reform so long as it wasn't detrimental to human dignity.

Its a shame whats happening.

Upvote 0
Why doesn't the government fix medicare, medicaid and get that right instead of trying to completely take over health coverage? Keep what works in health care and fix what doesn't. This should NOT be a pretext for the government to take it all over!

Can you imagine trying to pay for such a colossal social project? Believe you me we will pay in one way or another.. Remember, the little guy - us - ALWAYS ends up paying in the end, ALWAYS! Not only do we have to pay for the current national debt, but so will our children and grandchildren - and all this is before health care.

It simply boggles my mind seeing so many American so apathetic. Our government begins arrogating to itself powers and authority not granted by the Constitution of the United States and so many Americans do not resist it, not only that but many Americans actually call for it!

A few thoughts flash in my mind about this... Does anyone consider the Constitution as sacrosanct anymore? Does anyone even care? I wonder at times... Reminds of a few words spoken by Christ, "Do not give what is holy to the dogs lest they turn and tear into you".

If this generation and any other is so willing to trample on the Constitution or weasel their way around it then they'll get what they deserve in the end - a reward for their apathy that may not be pleasant at all. Keep letting the federal government take over things and soon our Constitution will be nothing more than a quaint antique document with no effect. And that's how dismantling comes about, step by step, little by little.. Next thing you know we'll be promised a "worker's paradise".

+++

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,135.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Taken from the accomplishments of President Obama in his first 100 days:

54. President Obama’s proposed defense budget offers the largest increase for veterans funding in 30 years.

With all the "death squad" nonsense fueled by alarmist talk show hosts, let us not forget that President Obama is putting his money where his mouth is.

You can't eat the platitudes that were regularly served up between 2001 and 2008.

100 Days, 100 Foreign Policy Achievements | National Security Network

Upvote 0

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The only purpose of the government option is to funnel monies to the abortion industry. There is nothing that is necessary to do, that can't be done as or more effectively with smaller (more adaptive) plans. I wondered about this for a while, and acknowledged a desire to have the a universal plan that was pro-life, because it would amount to a major victory... (I would like it even more if the plan was run by a Catholic lay organization or other organization)... But, I can't tell why else you'd NEED one so bad, unless you wanted to pay off your choice supporters.

It appears, also, that I am indeed correct, Times and factcheck concur that a major problem with actually getting a public option passed, other than pluralism, is that it will fund abortions. Don't believe me? Take a look.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It appears, also, that I am indeed correct, Times and factcheck concur that a major problem with actually getting a public option passed, other than pluralism, is that it will fund abortions. Don't believe me? Take a look.

The Wall Street Journal is corroborating the same thing as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I thought the right wing aways thought Factcheck.org was in the tank for Obama?

I guess they're only good when they agree with one's political ideology.

What difference does it make? Especially when the truth (which has been hidden from the public) is finally reported?

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Jim
When even those in the tank with Obama are taking the shine off, maybe it is time that liberals realize that there is probably good cause to stop the partisan support of some really bad ideas.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Jim

^_^
Maybe, or maybe they just want the facts. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JoabAnias

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As they see them. ;)

Jim

Yea I know, same as the Bishops of the U.S., every other credible pro-life org like NRTL, NRLC, AUL, PFL and even Time and the Wall Street Journal.

Can they all be wrong?

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yea I know, same as the Bishops of the U.S., every other credible pro-life org like NRTL, NRLC, AUL, PFL and even Time and the Wall Street Journal.

Can they all be wrong?

What did Factcheck.org post, that was different than these reported?

Jim

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What did Factcheck.org post, that was different than these reported?

Jim

Don't know. Just want to argue. :p ^_^

Seriously though, do you find it a stretch that this admin would push euthanasia?

Did you hear the comment made about vets being selfish a few weeks back?

I was reading over on Military.com yesterday. Do you ever read the comments over there? Oy vey! ^_^

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Don't know. Just want to argue. :p ^_^

Seriously though, do you find it a stretch that this admin would push euthanasia?

Did you hear the comment made about vets being selfish a few weeks back?

I was reading over on Military.com yesterday. Do you ever read the comments over there? Oy vey! ^_^

The administration isn't pushing euthanasia, thats a right-wing smear tactic.

Also, Obama didn't make a statement about vets being selfish. See link.

Would Obama have Soldiers Pay for Own War Injuries? | FactCheck.org

Now, lets try using facts when we post.:)

Oh and remember, under George Bush, wounded soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan, were billed for the meals they received while in the hospital.

Jim

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The administration isn't pushing euthanasia, thats a right-wing smear tactic.

Yea true enough. They know not what they do. What they don't realize is what they are doing is leading there. It's just one step closer by suggesting things like this. But who knows, maybe they do realize it. ;)

Also, Obama didn't make a statement about vets being selfish. See link.

Would Obama have Soldiers Pay for Own War Injuries? | FactCheck.org

Oh yes he did. I heard it come out of his mouth with my own ears. Thems the facts.

When this idea of having vets pay for their own insurance was fought he said that the selfishness of Americans amazes him which infers that vets were selfish for not wanting to pay for insurance. Thats where his agenda is at.

Now, lets try using facts when we post.:)

Didn't you just dis factcheck.org as being right wing and now your using it to support something other than what I meant? :doh:

Talk about facts.

Do you trust factcheck.org or not?

Why does it seem your not behind the Bishops?

Upvote 0