Not open for further replies.

hawko

Aug 29, 2006
✟9,246.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pro-Life Advocates Blast Obama Admin Document Saying Pro-Lifers May Engage in Extremism[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]by Steven Ertelt[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
LifeNews.com Editor
April 15
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], 2009

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] -- News that the Obama administration sent a security document to police and sheriffs' offices nationwide including pro-life people in a list of groups and people who may be likely to engage in terrorism is upsetting the pro-life community. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One respected pro-life attorney says the document is outrageous and raises serious questions about the leadership and direction of an agency that's goal is to protect Americans against a very real terrorist threat. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“This is an outrageous characterization that raises serious questions about the leadership and direction of the agency charged with protecting Americans in the ongoing battle against terrorism,” Jay Seulow, the president and chief counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice, told LifeNews.com on Wednesday.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sekulow said the document sparks questions about whether the Obama administration is turning the work of some key government agencies into political witch hunts.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Why would the Department of Homeland Security single out groups like pro-life supporters when they should be focusing on identifying and apprehending the real terrorists – like al-Qaeda – groups that have vowed to destroy America?" he asked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"This characterization is not only offensive to millions of Americans who hold constitutionally-protected views opposing abortion – but also raises serious concerns about the political agenda of an agency with a mandate to protect America," he added.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]House Republican Leader John Boehner, a pro-life congressman from Ohio, also complained about the new document.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He said the Obama administration was wrong to label pro-life advocates as terrorists, calling it "offensive and unacceptable."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Everyone agrees that the Department should be focused on protecting America, but using such broad-based generalizations about the American people is simply outrageous," he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the new document, the Department of Homeland Security warned law officials about a supposed rise in "rightwing extremist activity," saying the poor economy and presence of a black president could spark problems.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Issued on April 7th, the Department of Homeland Security warning is entitled: “Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]According to the Washington Times, a footnote attached to the nine-page report from the Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis say the activities of pro-life advocates is included in "rightwing extremism in the United States.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration," it says.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Times indicates the report says the Obama administration could be monitoring the activities of pro-life advocates.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It says the federal government "will be working with its state and local partners over the next several months" to gather information on "rightwing extremist activity in the United States” even though the Obama administration does not have "specific information that domestic rightwing terrorists are currently planning acts of violence."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Concerns that the federal government might target pro-life advocates aren’t pie-in-the-sky myths as two pro-life people have already felt the persecution.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In February, an Oklahoma man with a homemade pro-life sign on his vehicle was pulled over and harassed by police for allegedly making a threat against the president.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chip Harrison said he was driving to work when a police officer followed him for several miles and eventually signaled him to pull over.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The officer mistook the sign, which read "Abort Obama, not the unborn," as threatening.

And in October, a pro-life woman who received an unsolicited phone call from the Barack Obama campaign complained about his pro-abortion position. The call earned her a visit from the Secret Service, who were apparently given erroneous information from the campaign volunteer that she made a death threat.
[/FONT]
Buzz up!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sign Up for Free Pro-Life News From LifeNews.com[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Daily Pro-Life News Report[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Twice-Weekly Pro-Life
News Report
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Receive a free daily email report from LifeNews.com with the latest pro-life news stories on abortion, euthanasia and stem cell research. Sign up here.[/FONT]​

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A footnote in a nine-page document, with the word "might" in it, is hardly out of line, considering that pro-lifers HAVE killed people and torched buildings in the past. OK, it's not nice to be lumped together with the Ku-Klux Klan, but since we are stuck with this stupidly simplistic "right-wing - left-wing" categorization, well, you can hardly expect to be defined "left-wing".

"Abort Obama" IS a violent statement, especially on the part of someone who ostensibly equates abortion with murder.

As for the pro-life woman on the phone, do we have anything more than her word against someone else's about what was really said in that phone call?

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
He's warming the pot so us poor frogs don't jump out. When it comes to a rolling boil it'll be too late.

i can't say that this is the worst thing in the world, I can't say we have not earned it.

Maybe when Americans can't worship their faith openly and freely anymore and Catholics can no longer attend Mass free of persecution, maybe then we will realize how important our faith is to us. Ppl we will wish they can go to Mass when they are no longer free to.

The saddest thing I ever saw was footage from Communist Poland where they could not even say Mass openly and at the same time we over here are protesting JPll's election becuase he's pro life! We have clearly abused our freedoms.

I just can't say that we have not earned this.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
He's warming the pot so us poor frogs don't jump out. When it comes to a rolling boil it'll be too late.

i can't say that this is the worst thing in the world, I can't say we have not earned it.

Maybe when Americans can't worship their faith openly and freely anymore and Catholics can no longer attend Mass free of persecution, maybe then we will realize how important our faith is to us. Ppl we will wish they can go to Mass when they are no longer free to.

The saddest thing I ever saw was footage from Communist Poland where they could not even say Mass openly and at the same time we over here are protesting JPll's election becuase he's pro life! We have clearly abused our freedoms.

I just can't say that we have not earned this.

Sister, as our Lord said, " Remember my word that I said to you: The servant is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you: if they have kept my word, they will keep yours also. " (John 15:20)
Christ was mocked, Christ was watched and ploted agianst by the powers of this world, Christ was chraged with all kinds of crimes and was found guilty by a kangaroo court, Christ was beaten, Christ was betrayed and abandoned by those who were suposed to follow Him, Christ was killed

If even a few of these things happen to me because I love Him then I should be counted among the lucky, lucky that this world is in some way making me look more like Him.

That being said, I do not think Mr.Obama has anything so extream in mind, I see this as nothing more then a petty and almost childish action on his part, he is mad that pro-life groups give him a hard time so he decides to give them a hard time, LOL right now we have more to fear from the IRS then the fireing squad, all you pro-life folks make sure your taxes are in order

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]including pro-life people in a list of groups [/FONT]

One only needs to look as far as the post two previous to this one to see that there is some downright hatred of Obama within the pro-life community. Just looking at this message board alone, I'm sure we could find several hundred verbal personal attacks on Obama like this one.

Do I think that this is representative of the pro-life community? Of course not.

Do I think that people who verbally attack the president are terrorists? The overwhelming majority aren't, but their comments are troubling. I think it is much more likely that real terrorists would operate under the radar, keeping low profiles.

Certainly the wide increase in gun purchases by people who express fear that the government is "overstepping its bounds" is troubling. Even the President of Mexico has asked Obama to reinstate the assault weapons ban, because 6,000 drug-crime deaths in Mexico were executed with assault weapons purchased legally in the U.S.

How would I define "extremists?" To me, extremists are people who think of things as black and white, "all" good or "all" bad. President Bush, in talking about the "axis of evil" and the "evildoers," encouraged this kind of extremist thinking.

Is there feeling in the pro-life community that President Obama is "all bad?" That's a lot of what I see. "Too bad" to speak at Notre Dame. "Too bad" to speak in front of the IHS symbol. "The MOST pro-abortion president..."

How often do we hear a bishop or a pro-life person give President Obama credit for a single positive thing he has done, or recognition for the overwhelming challenges he faces?

And so the police department will look at these lists in their hometowns, where they know particular groups better, and know which ones need special watching. They may be wary of Operation Rescue, but I'm sure they won't be worried at all about the pregnancy help center on Main St.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That being said, I do not think Mr.Obama has anything so extream in mind, I see this as nothing more then a petty and almost childish action on his part, he is mad that pro-life groups give him a hard time so he decides to give them a hard time, LOL right now we have more to fear from the IRS then the fireing squad, all you pro-life folks make sure your taxes are in order

I disagree. i think he is actively trying to destroy us (our whole counrty, not just pro lifers) and then will hand us over to China on a sliver platter.

I hope to God I'm wrong. I hope to God that God's mercy and grace and our prayers will prevent this but this is the 'feeling' i have and I'm not alone.

i ask you as a good faithful follower of our Lord to pray against this anyway even if you do not perceive the evil that is on the horizon in the same way i do.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
and does anybody know if Jeremiah Wright and the liberation theologists are on the terrorist list too? Or if Ferekahn and the Black Panthers are on that list?

I mean, "go in to their homes, don't just kill the mother and father, go in and stab the children too..." Seems pretty much like a radial threat.

"USA- KKK" and "God damn America..." also seems pretty threanting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I will pray that all Americans gain a sense of perspective about President Obama and our government in general.

I pray that they will support our government in those areas that do not violate their consciences.

I pray that they will offer realistic, positive solutions in those areas which do violate their consciences.

I pray that, if pro-lifers feel offended by being put on a "list" for watching, that they will take steps within their ranks to identify the small number of extremists who may identify themselves with that cause and persuade them to modify their extremism.

Speaking from many years of experience as a peace activist, I would encourage people to pray. To give witness. To peacefully resist.

It worked for Martin Luther King. It worked for Ghandi.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I will pray that all Americans gain a sense of perspective about President Obama and our government in general.

I pray that they will support our government in those areas that do not violate their consciences.

I pray that they will offer realistic, positive solutions in those areas which do violate their consciences.

I pray that, if pro-lifers feel offended by being put on a "list" for watching, that they will take steps within their ranks to identify the small number of extremists who may identify themselves with that cause and persuade them to modify their extremism.

Speaking from many years of experience as a peace activist, I would encourage people to pray. To give witness. To peacefully resist.

good advice
also, a lot of people here are probably on one list or another already, I mean the differant types of things we talk about just on this forum probably has all of us redflaged
I am not worried, the way I look at it there are two extreams
1. nothing, and things remain status quo
2. i get taken behind the chemical sheds by some gestapo and they put a bullet in my brain
so 1 nothing happens or 2 I become a martyr, i might even get my own Novena or at the very least little plastic statues lol (i hope my levity is not offending anyone)
these are the extreams mind you, so odds are, something in the middle will happen

oh look I just posted the word "gestapo" on the internet, another red flag for my name

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, Janet Nepolitano apologized for including returning soldiers (also mentioned on the list of people to watch because they are a danger.) I'm one of the people on that list. I'm pro-life so I'm sure that I'm being watched. This is an outrage and beyond scary. Where is our apology?

Upvote 0

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i don't have a great memory but it sound just like what some conspyracy "theorist" has warned in the past is not so fictional as some would like to think.

also the idea that the money for the economic stimulus is coming from China really worries me. what will happen if America fail to pay back as agreed? China doesn't exactly have the best model of respect for human rights. i hope Obama is not contemplating the same one child policy as China has.

for some reason, Canada worry me just as much if not more, because things seems to happen more secretly. this whole thing is happening throughout the world and i can't help myself feeling that something is about to shift.

:prayer:

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

I pray that Obama will stopping killing the unborn with his pro death agenda. i pray that he will stop trying to ruin our economy, our military and our heath care system. I pray that he will not take away our bills of rights, our right to arm ourselves, our freedom of religion and freedom of assembly. I pray one day our public school kids will be allowed to pray and wear crucifixes openly once again. I pray that the 10 commandments will return on the steps of our court houses all over.

I pray for a lot of things, mainly for ppl who are blinded by their zeal to wake up.

And i do pray that i am wrong and he is not setting us up for the Chinese to take over.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
With his record of supporting doctor's who left living aborted children in the garbage room to die, one might think that Obama's guilty conscience is leading to a certain amount of paranoia here.

Its disingenuous claims like this coming from conservatives, that has me concerned.

Remember, the Nazis used hate language to foster hatred toward Jews. Eventually, they could do what they did without much resistance from the public.

It only serves to inflame those on the edge, like the guy who shot the people while they were at their religious services, down in Tennessee. He constantly listened to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. Eventually, the guy snapped and went after all the enemies of the conservatives.

Did they tell him to go an kill liberals? Not directly, but their hate speech help set the tone for his deranged mind.

I would hope that Christians would be above that.

Speak what is true, not what you see as serving your political ideology.

Jim

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.