ulu

Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is crazy. Convicted serial killers can spend decades on death row, at great taxpayer expense, but the cia can take out whoever they want for whatever reason they come up with.
Nothing really new though since W created the who's good and who's evil playbook. Disappointing to see obama following along the same downward slope.

Upvote 0

ArnautDaniel

Veteran
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
✟22,153.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought Biden was taking care of the whole "citizen" part of the equation with that bill to strip citizenship from people believed to be terrorists.

Now they can strip your citizenship and drop a bomb in your lap before you ever know anything is up!

Upvote 0

Axis Salley

May 12, 2010
Wolf's Lair
✟208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Axis Salley

May 12, 2010
Wolf's Lair
✟208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I commend the CIA. We should kill all Islamic terrorists wherever they are. They are the 7th head of the beast.

Wherever they are lol.
I know I don't see them nor has any ever bothered me but I say killem all. The media says they're bad and the government who wants their oil says they're bad so why shouldn't I?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
I commend the CIA. We should kill all Islamic terrorists wherever they are. They are the 7th head of the beast.

Lets throw our civil liberties to battle the seventh head of the beast. I guess you missed the part where the government (any government really) is the first head...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Which portions, the ones we are allowed to know about or the ones which are classified?

let's speculate on what they say. let's assume that they probably apply to citizens who have implicated themselves in fighting alongside the taliban in foreign places.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
U.S. Approval of Killing of Cleric Causes Unease - NYTimes.com

I guess its okay for the CIA to assassinate US citizens these days.

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration’s decision to authorize the killing by the Central Intelligence Agency of a terrorism suspect who is an American citizen has set off a debate over the legal and political limits of drone missile strikes, a mainstay of the campaign against terrorism.
14awlaki_CA0-articleInline.jpg

Muhammad ud-Deen/Associated Press

The C.I.A. has placed the American-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki on a list for killing.

The notion that the government can, in effect, execute one of its own citizens far from a combat zone, with no judicial process and based on secret intelligence, makes some legal authorities deeply uneasy.

To eavesdrop on the terrorism suspect who was added to the target list, the American-born radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who is hiding in Yemen, intelligence agencies would have to get a court warrant. But designating him for death, as C.I.A. officials did early this year with the National Security Council’s approval, required no judicial review.
“Congress has protected Awlaki’s cellphone calls,” said Vicki Divoll, a former C.I.A. lawyer who now teaches at the United States Naval Academy. “But it has not provided any protections for his life. That makes no sense.”

There is no need to fear terrorists destroying US values, such as respect for the rule of law, when the US is doing such a good job without them. And once the rule of law has gone, nobody is safe.

Meanwhile, all those who say that the US is evil, and has no respect for life, have more evidence for their case. And those of us who try to say the opposite, and defend freedom, democracy and the rule of law, are left speechless.

What is the difference between a terrorist killing and this kind of CIA killing? I can see none; neither is carried out after judicial process, and therefore both are acts of terror. Nothing more, nothing less.

And if the CIA is reduced to carrying out acts of terrorism, then evil has won.

Lord, have mercy!

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
See the difference between President Obama and previous ones is that you KNOW about this. The CIA, indeed most Intelligence Services, have done this kind of thing from time immemorial, it just happens that the current administration is more transparent about it.

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
See the difference between President Obama and previous ones is that you KNOW about this. The CIA, indeed most Intelligence Services, have done this kind of thing from time immemorial, it just happens that the current administration is more transparent about it.

obambi's administration is more public about its public hand wringing. that this has happened before is no real surprise to anyone.

Upvote 0