Florida
✟7,906.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OK, I'm going to be a nurse, and I graduate high school next year and I'm trying to find some good nursing schools to see if I want to attend. I know that the University of Florida has a fantastic nursing program, but I want to keep my options open in case I don't get in. Do y'all know of any good ones?

GoGators

Apr 25, 2007
Florida
✟7,906.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, UF does have a good nursing program. I want to stay in FL if I decide to attend nursing school, so I have applied to USF and possibly will apply to UNF. Maybe try UCF and U. of Miami as well?

Best to you in your studies!

If I don't get into UF, UNF would be a good choice for me because I live about 20 min. away.

Right back at ya;)

Upvote 0

HiLaReE320

Jun 23, 2005
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess you live in Florida??

I go to Auburn University's nursing school, I am about to go into my senior year. It is great! Lots of clinical experience. It's a small college (the nursing college, NOT Auburn itself! haha) so you get to know everyone. They really prepare you for the NCLEX. I feel I am prepared now, even though I won't be taking it for another year. Definitely consider coming to Auburn!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

apumic

Feb 27, 2006
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
If you want a Christian school and/or to live in Southern California, Azusa Pacific has a top-rated nursing program...not cheap or easy to get into, but very good. (If you're interested, let me know and I'll connect you with some nursing majors here.)

--One thing you should know about good nursing programs, though, is that they generally have very long waiting lists and many people start applying for them as early as freshmen year of high school!

Upvote 0

missygirlc

Jun 26, 2006
Georgia
✟7,987.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hey! Congrats on almost finishing high school! I don't know how you feel about conservative Christian colleges but Pensacola Christian College has an awesome Nursing program. My best friend just graduated this year and got a job at Carolina Hospital in Florence South Carolina. She will be going in making $50 thousand a year plus they are paying off her student loans and they are giving her a relocation bonus. It's a great school. You can look at it at www.pcci.edu. It's very conservative but don't believe everything that you hear about it.

Upvote 0

apumic

Feb 27, 2006
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
GG,

Just a warning about PCC... I hate to step in and say this, but I too have a friend who attended there and ended up leaving because of the policies there (i.e., she had to be in her dorm room with the lights out 10pm-6am, they had floor leader/monitors follow you *off campus* to make sure you followed PCC rules off campus, etc.).
In addition, make sure you check out out the unofficial newspaper started by alumni from there at http://www.pensacolachristiancollege.com/

Finally, the most important thing to know is that PCC is not accredited ([SIZE=-1]www.pensacolachristiancollege.com/StudentDisclosure.htm)[/SIZE]. They will tell you Yale and Harvard are unaccredited as well, however this is absolutely false! (http://www.yale.edu/accred/ and http://www.harvard.edu/siteguide/faqs/faq114.html).
Accreditation is the most important thing to look for in a school if you expect your degree to be worth more than the paper it was printed on! Without accreditation no other school (and few employers) would ever accept the education you've received because you're too much of a risk -- especially in medicine!
Of course..it's possible Missy's friend got a job near PCC at one of the few places where a PCC grad would be accepted or because of the extreme need for nurses, but try calling a few local hospitals in your area and, after giving them the information I just gave you, ask what your chances of being hired would be! Just a thought! You don't want to spend all the money and then end up having to start all over again! (Because no other school is going to accept those units as transfer credit either -- once again, it's too high a risk!)

Upvote 0