Nude Model Tells All

B

BlueLioness

I was raised in a Christian household and in a Baptist church with Conservative parents, and my parents always taught me that nudity was wrong and was a sin. I've heard baptist preachers preach against nudity before. When I was little (like age 9) my parents would use an Internet filter and Parental Controls to prevent me from going to websites that they did not agree with that they thought were sinful (against the Holy Bible) or morally wrong. It was a form of Internet censorship. If the website had inappropriate contentography on it or any naked people they would cause the Internet to block me from seeing it. But I'm 27 now and I am and adult and those controls have long been lifted off of my Internet browsing experience. When I turned 15 I remember my parents took the controls away and they said they thought I was finally old enough to make morally right decisions about being on the Internet.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have read various of the posts and I confess that I instinctively sympathize with caution about this practice.

Just to make an observation: the perspective does seem to be strongly identified with the United States; while in Europe for example, topless beaches are not unusual (I don't advocate toplessness either). Up here in Canada, a court has established the right to go topless.

I do think that general principles of modesty do usually apply in most of life's situations.

However, where I would be reluctant to endorse Christian church attempts at complete prohibitions against life drawing is because it would set some unhealthy precedents.

For example, do women have the right to the best gynecological advice? (Yes, obviously.)

Does the study of gynecology and human reproduction involve the production and use of representations of the human body? (Yes, obviously.)

Can Christian men and women study general and specialized medicine and surgery? (Yes, obviously.)

Are post-mortems necessary for some court cases? (Yes, obviously.)

Do Christians working in medicine and clinical pathology need to see and describe the human body? (Yes, obviously.)

Everything has context, and I think legalists who might experience fits of censoriousness need to back off.

PS: It's good to use sanctified common sense.

The temptation to be legalistic is the easy way out. Life is more complex.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thats cool! I see nothing wrong with it. I prefer to wear a bikini or SOMETHING but who knows one day I might go ALL IN!!! LOL!
A lot has to do with context.

Up here in Canada a court confirmed that toplessness is legal anyway (not that ordinarily I would recommend it), but the context has a lot to do with it, I guess.

Reactions: mandyangel
Upvote 0