Status
Not open for further replies.

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
But out of curiousity, from what do you deduce that if the US nukes Mecca that we'll all die (presumably sooner than we would have had Mecca gone un-nuked)?
I mean that there would be no more restraint from the Muslim world. Rather than the majority of clerics calling for calm and trying to make Islam a religion that is respectable to the West the message would be "let em have it"
I exagerated by saying we'd all die, but it would make 9/11 look, well not so bad and I wouldn't bet on my survival if I was in a big city in the States.

Personally i think we should start taking out all of the many Islamic clerics who support the terrorists, and another option is to take out the many mosques used to spread terror, whether in Mecca or whereever.
How 'bout killing preachers that support the war? Why not blow up their churches while your at it? Your kind of people and the terrorists just deserve eachother so well.

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps because of the terrorism in Northern Ireland, Britian should nuke the Vatican??

To those who would advocate nuking Mecca and other Islamic sites. Shame on you. You are the reason terrorists hate us so much. Instead of showing love (like Jesus did) all you do is show hate. You embarass Christianity.

Reactions: xMinionX
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
blueapplepaste said:
Perhaps because of the terrorism in Northern Ireland, Britian should nuke the Vatican??
Have you heard any prominent members of the Catholic clergy calling for violence in Ulster? Have you heard of any prominent Muslim clerics calling for "jihad"? Hmmmmm...

You are the reason terrorists hate us so much.
That's as bogus as the "they hate us because of our freedom" blather. They actually they us because they hate Israel, and we're seen as the only reason that Israel still exists.

Instead of showing love (like Jesus did) all you do is show hate. You embarass Christianity.
I hate Islam right enough. It's a lie that comes, IMO, direct from Satan his own self. (The "angel" who Mahound thought was Gabriel? It was actually Old Nick, pulling of the most effective scam of his nasty career.) Not only is it a lie, it's a murderous lie. Any Christian who believes anything else isn't thinking very clearly.

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
fragmentsofdreams said:
Um, Panama is in North America.

Be wary of poking fun of people's ignorance and mistakes, for often you will make mistakes as well.

Yeah. I found it fascinating that someone taking a shot at the geography impaired should be so spelling impaired.

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jipsah said:
I hate Islam right enough. It's a lie that comes, IMO, direct from Satan his own self. (The "angel" who Mahound thought was Gabriel? It was actually Old Nick, pulling of the most effective scam of his nasty career.) Not only is it a lie, it's a murderous lie. Any Christian who believes anything else isn't thinking very clearly.

This line of thinking is scary and dangerous and I really hope that you're in the minority.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
blueapplepaste said:
This line of thinking is scary and dangerous and I really hope that you're in the minority.
If you're that keen on being scared, then feel free. I reckon you have more genuine reason to be scared of the followers of "the Religion of Peace", though.

I may very well be in the minority. It may be that a lot of people are too pusilanimous to tell the truth because they're frightened of bringing the mad bombers down on them. Reminds me of Ray Bradbury's story "It's a Good Life".

I don't see how any Christian can not hate the most egregious and destructive lie of Satan in history, but I guess that's just me. They'll make better "dhimmi" than I will. I'm too used to calling a spade a shovel whether anyone likes it or not.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Jipsah said:
I don't see how any Christian can not hate the most egregious and destructive lie of Satan in history, but I guess that's just me. They'll make better "dhimmi" than I will. I'm too used to calling a spade a shovel whether anyone likes it or not.

How unfortunate that your fellow Christians don't feel the same hate you do.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
fragmentsofdreams said:
Um, Panama is in North America.

Be wary of poking fun of people's ignorance and mistakes, for often you will make mistakes as well.

Honduras_etc_pol.jpg

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nathan Poe said:
How unfortunate that your fellow Christians don't feel the same hate you do.
Far better to be numbly apathetic, I reckon. We shouldn't hate lies that deceive people and lead them inevitably to destruction, Oh no no no! We should tolerate them, and smile benignly as the hoodwinked millions stride unknowingly into hell.

Can't hate evil, oh no, that's too... too... unnice. And after all, we all know that Christianity is about nothing but niceness, right? I mean, it isn't like it was a matter of truth and falsehood, or life and death. It's all about putting on a fake smile and dispensing blessings. After all, didn't our Lord say that all of the Law and the prophets was condensed into this one handy credo - "Be nice"?

Right.

Reactions: SpaceProg
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Jipsah said:
Amen, brother. And we are supposed to hate evil, i don't care what anyone says. God bless you. Islam is the 7th head of the beast that starts the great battle of Ar Mageddon (WW III) where the Euphrates dried up (i.e., in Iraq).

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Jipsah said:
Far better to be numbly apathetic, I reckon. We shouldn't hate lies that deceive people and lead them inevitably to destruction, Oh no no no! We should tolerate them, and smile benignly as the hoodwinked millions stride unknowingly into hell.

The alternative, according to you, is to speed them on their way there.

Can't hate evil, oh no, that's too... too... unnice. And after all, we all know that Christianity is about nothing but niceness, right? I mean, it isn't like it was a matter of truth and falsehood, or life and death.

I do vaguely recall a man (or was it a God?) telling us to love our enemies, and bless them that persecute you for his sake, but I'm probably mistaken. That guy didn't seem like the "Kill-'em-all" type; he probably has nothing to do with your religion.

It's all about putting on a fake smile and dispensing blessings. After all, didn't our Lord say that all of the Law and the prophets was condensed into this one handy credo - "Be nice"?

Right.

Actually, I believe that one handy credo was, "Love one another as I have loved you."

But as I say, I doubt that guy has anything to do with your beliefs.

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nathan Poe said:
Actually, I believe that one handy credo was, "Love one another as I have loved you."

Was the "one another" the other disciples, or someone else?

I think you can love a person, and still hate a belief system. I do believe that Jesus does it.

Upvote 0

murron

Matt 5:39, Matt 18:21-22, Gal 5:22-23
Sep 17, 2004
✟24,282.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:doh: Guys! Come ON! Is it really that hard to ignore comments you don't like? To place someone on your ignore list if they annoy you? Why the insistance on replying to comments (instead of reporting them) and causing the thread to have to be locked while staff determines if we can clean it up enough to reopen it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.