• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Now that the cat...

rtodd5011

Member since 2012
May 5, 2012
Arkansas
Visit site
✟24,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
is out of the bag about my sexuality to my wife, I just dont know what to think. I just feel depressed most days. Yes, I am regularly taking my meds. I just dont understand why she would want to still be with me, she says im very delusional and paranoid and that she doesnt think that I am gay. I cant even hardly say the word "gay.". I think that she is in denial and that she would be embarrassed to get a divorce because it would get out in the open. But yet here we are, i just feel like I am going through the motions, I feel lonely for something that will most likely never happen. I pray that God would take away this aching pain. Being with the same sex is not going to answer my lifelong feeling of being close and having a bond with the same gender. I have searched online for a guys support group but cannot find anything, I feel like that would be the greatest help right now. Please say a prayer for me. And dont ever think you can hide a secret, especially if you have a mental illness...

Thanks,

Richard

Jacob Jilg

Feb 19, 2015
Nebraska
✟8,016.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not full gay, but my taste in attraction swings bicurious among many other sexuality things that I've discovered about myself thanks to the internet and its unusual superfluous abundance of free inappropriate content. I'm not full hetero either because my sex life is sort of asexual/aromantic as I'm still a 30 year old virgin who hasn't dated since high school.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rtodd5011

Member since 2012
May 5, 2012
Arkansas
Visit site
✟24,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Bart, I have been posting in this area of christian forums for several years now and wanted to post this here, I have schizoaffective disorder. I do have conflicting sexual issues in my mind and have not found a christian forum that is active. I am, and have been a Christian since 1982.

Richard

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2015
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Got it, thanks. I have a loved-one currently ungoing the evaluation/diagnostic process with psychosis and gender identity issues. Sexual orientation is, understandably, a very polarizing issue in the Christian community, but (to my surprise), so is mental illness. I'm afraid this will encourage my loved-one to stay in hiding. It's all kinda new to me, and challenges some of my beliefs. I can't imagine how it affects you (or any Christian with serious mental illness)

Upvote 0