Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Not all judging is wrong or bad. We all must use a little common sense or I hope all of us use it. There actually is certain types of judging that the Bible says is acceptable.

Matthew 7:16–20
"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes, nor figs from thistles, are they? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit; but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits."

1 Corinthians 6:1-8
"When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints?Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church? I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers, but brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers? To have lawsuits at all with one another is already a defeat for you. Why not rather suffer wrong? Why not rather be defrauded? But you yourselves wrong and defraud—even your own brothers!"

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Let's be realistic for a second...

We judge others all the time. I mean would you grab a random guy off the street and let him babysit your daughter?
I wish I could like this more than once.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The usual debate is whether we're allowed to judge others. It sounds like people who enjoy judging and want to judge.

But what if you just don't enjoy judging and you don't want to judge others?

Can't relate to that at all. I judge people all the time, I view it as a survival instinct and I treasure it for the most part except the more irrational parts of it.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The usual debate is whether we're allowed to judge others. It sounds like people who enjoy judging and want to judge.

But what if you just don't enjoy judging and you don't want to judge others?
Then you might be apathetic to things that matter outside of human relationships.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Think there's a difference between ''judging'' and ''discerning.'' It's important to discern situations and people because if you don't at least do that, you could be entering into a dangerous situation or making friends with people who will cost you your safety. But, to judge as if people are beneath us, is wrong. Just MO.

Upvote 0

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Site Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The Bible teaches to not judge other who have a splinter in their eye while you have a plank in your eye. If I was to preach a sermon I recently listened to on the radio we would learn that the plank in your own eye is self-righteousness so before you judge somebody you need to get rid of your self-righteousness first and until then do not judge as once you do get rid of your self-righteousness you will learn you are not going to judge others because you are humble and understand that we are all broken in one form or another.

There is also a difference between judgment and discernment. Judging means you have a plank in your eye, discernment means you don't want to get raped by a weird guy who is following you across a dark parking lot so you pull your mace out and dial 911.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eannie Soul

Loving God will make You rich, not Money
Aug 26, 2016
Green Forest, Swayers
✟15,368.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Why in the world of nature would I be judging someone or something?
After all, my Father from up above is the only One who is going to judge me.
Who am I to judge a person?
I am a Christian, soldier of Christ that appreciates what God has provided me 24/7.
I love being a single female, living in just an amazing life.
One thing that I love about my Father because He loves me and He is not going to forsake me.
I thought that I might die because of the sins that I have committed.
Because my Father Loves Me so much He was willing to SEND JESUS CHRIST into the world to die for my sins.
God is so amazing and His Creations are amazing as well.
Let us not Judge a Book by its cover.
Appreciate what we have.
Don't worry about tomorrow.
Take a look inside and see whatever person or a thing you are judging has for you or others.
After God created them.

Upvote 0

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Site Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Why in the world of nature would I be judging someone or something?
After all, my Father from up above is the only One who is going to judge me.
Who am I to judge a person?
I am a Christian, soldier of Christ that appreciates what God has provided me 24/7.
I love being a single female, living in just an amazing life.
One thing that I love about my Father because He loves me and He is not going to forsake me.
I thought that I might die because of the sins that I have committed.
Because my Father Loves Me so much He was willing to SEND JESUS CHRIST into the world to die for my sins.
God is so amazing and His Creations are amazing as well.
Let us not Judge a Book by its cover.
Appreciate what we have.
Don't worry about tomorrow.
Take a look inside and see whatever person or a thing you are judging has for you or others.
After God created them.

Is that a picture of Barbie, you actually chose to associate your image with Barbie.

OK, Barbie it is, are you going to judge me if I don't stay on topic?

Upvote 0

Eannie Soul

Aug 26, 2016
Green Forest, Swayers
✟15,368.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Is that a picture of Barbie, you actually chose to associate your image with Barbie.

OK, Barbie it is, are you going to judge me if I don't stay on topic?

toothless-chuckle-smiley-emoticon.gif

HA!
not really. Why on earth would I do that?
Yes, Barbie is a beautiful girl (fake)
I am not strong enough to post my picture online.
I bet you can't because your image seems like you are hiding your face, right?

Upvote 0

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Site Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
toothless-chuckle-smiley-emoticon.gif

HA!
not really. Why on earth would I do that?
Yes, Barbie is a beautiful girl (fake)
I am not strong enough to post my picture online.
I bet you can't because your image seems like you are hiding your face, right?

I am too ugly to post my own picture. I am a beast and deserved to be locked up and hidden from society. I will admit I have smoking hot legs but the rest of me is pure beast. They need to make a beast doll and do a Barbie and the Beast run for Christmas.

Upvote 0

Eannie Soul

Aug 26, 2016
Green Forest, Swayers
✟15,368.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I am too ugly to post my own picture. I am a beast and deserved to be locked up and hidden from society. I will admit I have smoking hot legs but the rest of me is pure beast. They need to make a beast doll and do a Barbie and the Beast run for Christmas.
look who judging?
My Goodness Sons of Christ
This is not a dating site.
I am proud I am single.
Are you?
cat-nap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Upvote 0