Not sorry if this stomps on your toes

A

Andrea411

ok the title is to grab your attention ..did it work ?
{insert- my overall point and direction is not complete in this OP so dont judge to quickly } -also im open to the thread being moved if this is the wrong place to place it

what i want to say will indeed step on the toes of some .
but unlike the Title implies ..it is not my intent to stomp but rather to raise an issue in dealing with that which has become nothing but a falsehood in tradition .(if we are honest before God in that regard)

Falling over backwards when prayed for .

WHY ?

i know from testimonies by others that so many many of us have been victims of what i call the Pentecostal push .. a good firm shove on the forehead encouraging us to fall over backwards like the rest of the "line " that we may conform to .... ? what ?? falling over ?

i would like to suggest that we STOP IT NOW ..please just cut it out .
------------------------
ok lol hmm how am i going to reconcile that sharp statement with the love of God in which i honestly mean it .

lets look at the practice in HONESTY IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
how many of you (i have to say "you" because i never have )have fallen over backwards knowing there was absolutely no need to do so ?
how many have fallen over backwards because it was "the thing you do "
how many went to the front in order to fall over backwards
how many fell over backwards to BE SEEN to be falling over backwards ?

hard questions - i expect only the very bold and brutally self honest will answer any of those .

the consideration is this - the Lord gave us balance ..if we feel so moved we sway ..one can put ones foot back and balance is immediately stabilized.
IF the annointing of the lord is so strong upon us (and at times he indeed is )then he has given us these Amazing tools upon which we can call ..they are called KNEES -we can fall upon them -if his anointing is still so strong (and he certainly can&will be at times then we can fall upon our face .

to be contd ..this is NOT an" I am right and you are wrong scenario" nither do i intend to discredit some who have indeed been so moved by the holy Spiirt that they fell over backwards ..i have seen that and it was something to behold (theier feet left the ground on thier way backwards )
we should also look into sensuality versus spirituality .
but what has become //THE TRADITION// needs to stop .

it has got so bad that a so called christian in england sued her church because she fell and there was no CATCHER and she hurt herself ... i think the key word there is herSELF - that is an absolute SHAME upon the body of Christ and displays how ridiculous this tradition has become .

.but throw in have your say .

I went down once bc I thought the reason I wasn't ever slain was bc I was resisting… it wasn't real and I never did it again. I have swooned… but I refuse to be pushed…. in other words, I've never been slain in the Spirit but have seen others who you knew were bc they actually go down really hard, no catchers or anything….

My daughter when she was 10 was slain in the Spirit. I know bc I watched her on the floor for 10-20 minutes perfectly still… and when she got up her face was bright red, she said "mom, God touched me". Ten year old kids can't lay still for that long, its like an eternity for them…. it was for me to watch…. and then her face was all red like she'd been running for 10 minutes… that was when Kenneth Hagin visited the church… over 25 years ago.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went down once bc I thought the reason I wasn't ever slain was bc I was resisting… it wasn't real and I never did it again. I have swooned… but I refuse to be pushed…. in other words, I've never been slain in the Spirit but have seen others who you knew were bc they actually go down really hard, no catchers or anything….

My daughter when she was 10 was slain in the Spirit. I know bc I watched her on the floor for 10-20 minutes perfectly still… and when she got up her face was bright red, she said "mom, God touched me". Ten year old kids can't lay still for that long, its like an eternity for them…. it was for me to watch…. and then her face was all red like she'd been running for 10 minutes… that was when Kenneth Hagin visited the church… over 25 years ago.

lol i once stood in a line and with all my heart said "lord Jesus only you i want only you .." then the preacher passed by and put his hand on my head and i felt a little push ..
"stop resisting he said " :confused: yup i was confused haha i had just been praying to the lord "lord i want only you " and i meant it ,i know i did , my conscience is clear" then the pastor at that time said amen stop resisting .. so now i was a resister ? hahaha ..
but i know the only thing i was resisting was being pushed over .

-i guess i just long for corporate honesty , if the Lord is not putting you on the floor .. don't "put on a show" - don't fake it -its not honest its not truthful ..in fact it is extremly wrong to do so ..as it is hypocritical .. an Act .

an act that has led to a most embrassing law suit .. i mean say whaaat:doh:

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

lol i once stood in a line and with all my heart said "lord Jesus only you i want only you .." then the preacher passed by and put his hand on my head and i felt a little push ..
"stop resisting he said " :confused: yup i was confused haha i had just been praying to the lord "lord i want only you " and i meant it ,i know i did , my conscience is clear" then the pastor at that time said amen stop resisting .. so now i was a resister ? hahaha ..
but i know the only thing i was resisting was being pushed over .

-i guess i just long for corporate honesty , if the Lord is not putting you on the floor .. don't "put on a show" - don't fake it -its not honest its not truthful ..in fact it is extremly wrong to do so ..as it is hypocritical .. an Act .

an act that has led to a most embrassing law suit .. i mean say whaaat:doh:

Even though I thought I went down for the 'right' reasons, it feels deceptive and nothing about the Lord should feel that way…. maybe this is why the Lord has stopped moving this way so much… it seems there for awhile it was a test of how anointed a minister was…. ???
I hate to think that the congregation thought the same way…. it is so much more difficult to be a Charismatic church pastor than to be a pastor in a church where all the people file in and out and nothing happens. Where nothing happens there is at least peace, no controversy and often no power.

Prov 14:4 Without oxen a stable stays clean, but you need a strong ox for a large harvest.

God bless, andrea

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even though I thought I went down for the 'right' reasons, it feels deceptive and nothing about the Lord should feel that way…. maybe this is why the Lord has stopped moving this way so much… it seems there for awhile it was a test of how anointed a minister was…. ???
I hate to think that the congregation thought the same way…. it is so much more difficult to be a Charismatic church pastor than to be a pastor in a church where all the people file in and out and nothing happens. Where nothing happens there is at least peace, no controversy and often no power.

Prov 14:4 Without oxen a stable stays clean, but you need a strong ox for a large harvest.

God bless, andrea
have you read the little booklet about the Argentina revival ?..
i like how the lord sends the guy to preach at this little formal church and he does not know what to say .. And the lord says to him ..invite the people to pray ..
so he says .. "lets pray ".. immediately people every where fall down ..on thier knees out of thier seats where ever crying out to God for mercy such an instant anointing of conviction comes upon them ...
but he tells how the minister of that church is astounded and disgusted and he gets his little pulpit bell and he rings it vigorously and angrily calls the people back to order haha .. and after a while he gets every one re-seated and all in nice order again and sitting quietly (bar a few sobs of choked backed tears i would guess lol ) .. THEn.
the poor visiting speaker again is lost as to what to do NOW..

and the lord says to him..again - invite the people to pray.
so he says "Lets Pray" and bang .. the same thing happens all over again lol ..
after the third time the local minister comes under the same conviction and he too begins to cry out to God for mercy ...

we are funny creatures us mankind lol

(i will sea if i can find a link to that booklet -its worth a read i assure you -i read it as a child)

this is a link to an account that led on to the argintina revival of 1950
........CLICK HERE .......

my favorite saying and truth is in it

:) Obey the HOLY SPIRIT :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

ryangrom

Jul 7, 2007
Jacksonville, Florida
✟7,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been the catcher several times and there are times when it seems like someone faked it. Then there are other times where it is definately not faked. Ive seen people with their arms raised and head bowed and and right before the guy could even touch them they would fall out or start trembling. What I'm trying to describe is them reacting to his hand that they couldnt even see because their head was bowed even if they were peeking.

God can only give you what you're able to recieve

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been the catcher several times and there are times when it seems like someone faked it. Then there are other times where it is definately not faked. Ive seen people with their arms raised and head bowed and and right before the guy could even touch them they would fall out or start trembling. What I'm trying to describe is them reacting to his hand that they couldnt even see because their head was bowed even if they were peeking.

God can only give you what you're able to recieve

yeh well for me i shook ,trembled, excessively ..my heels vibrated me across the floor sideways lol.. and the speaker was about 25 meters away lol

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it's fair for you to assume everyone who "falls out" is being pushed down or falling on purpose.

I, myself, have never "fallen out." That being said, I have been very close to a place where I simply lost myself in worship and would have easily "fallen out" had I kept pressing in.

Jesus' is inexhaustible, He goes on forever. Frankly, I think most Christians, even charismatics, have only been puttin their little toesies in the water when they could be diving in to experience the greatness of God in a measure that just floors us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums