Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I hate being in my forties; my health is going downhill, I don't sleep good, my beard turned grey so I had to shave it off......

I look bad. I used to be the Man around here, looked good, had fun......now things just blow.
If that avatar is really a picture of you, then I don't see what you have to complain about. Al Pacino is 75 and he's still lookin' the man!

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Its gotten bad. I have sleep apnea and even with treatment I'm still really tired most days. I walked off my job, one I had for 20 years. Endless overtime and the prospect of dragging myself through those long days and weeks made me incredibly despondent. I really messed up.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Its gotten bad. I have sleep apnea and even with treatment I'm still really tired most days. I walked off my job, one I had for 20 years. Endless overtime and the prospect of dragging myself through those long days and weeks made me incredibly despondent. I really messed up.
I'm terribly sorry to hear that. I've been facing many difficulties myself. Perhaps God has something better in store for you. You take an agnostic position toward God?

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm terribly sorry to hear that. I've been facing many difficulties myself. Perhaps God has something better in store for you. You take an agnostic position toward God?

I lean theistic, but still have doubts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I guess I'll have to; but this mystery fatigue that dogs me isn't going away. I really hate being alive.
I had my thyroid checked last year because of extreme fatigue. Thankfully, they discovered it's under-active. One prescription later, and I'm back on my feet!

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess I'll have to; but this mystery fatigue that dogs me isn't going away. I really hate being alive.
If I may...

This sounds like more than an appearance issue or even age, for that matter. Perhaps you need someone to talk to? Maybe even some help to get back onto your feet. It's ok to feel the way you do, you haven't done anything wrong. If work has been the culprit to feeling such despair you were right to leave it as it's not even healthy for you to continue working in what conditions they had you for.

If it makes you feel any better (or even a laugh :) ) the hairs along my left ear has gone white since I was 20, no grey, just white.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If I may...

This sounds like more than an appearance issue or even age, for that matter. Perhaps you need someone to talk to? Maybe even some help to get back onto your feet. It's ok to feel the way you do, you haven't done anything wrong. If work has been the culprit to feeling such despair you were right to leave it as it's not even healthy for you to continue working in what conditions they had you for.

If it makes you feel any better (or even a laugh :) ) the hairs along my left ear has gone white since I was 20, no grey, just white.
Looks to me that most of your hair is white with blue highlights. :ahah:

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know how you feel. When I was in the throes of depression I would often mention that "I don't want to live like this." And I meant it. Have you seen a psychiatrist or other therapist? You may need some help to get past this.

Upvote 0