Not all the censorious sexophobes live in the USA

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
Teen sex film too sexy for teens

Bungling film censors have banned underage teenagers from watching a specially made film warning them of the dangers - of underage sex.

Censors have deemed the public information film "too explicit" for youngsters aged under 16.

The ban has infuriated education officials that paid for the film in Hungary where medics carry out hundreds of abortions on underage girls every year.

"The film is made specifically for girls aged about 13 or 14. How can it help them if they're banned from watching it," said one teacher.

source

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Research suggests teaching kids sex education leads to them engaging in sex earlier than if they don't receive such education.
But when those who didn't receive such education finally do have sex they're more likely to do it unsafely.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
But when those who didn't receive such education finally do have sex they're more likely to do it unsafely.

Sort of. Kids who are taught abstinence at school tend to end up having sex without condoms. I suspect the answer lies in the schools not teaching about sex at all. Back before they did it seemed teenage sex wasn't as widespread. Neither was STDs and teen pregnancy.

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sort of. Kids who are taught abstinence at school tend to end up having sex without condoms. I suspect the answer lies in the schools not teaching about sex at all. Back before they did it seemed teenage sex wasn't as widespread. Neither was STDs and teen pregnancy.
You would have to find causation between not teaching sex and how widespread teenage sex was.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You would have to find causation between not teaching sex and how widespread teenage sex was.

Since they are using tax dollars to pay for sex ed, maybe the opposite should be true. Maybe they should prove they are doing more good than harm to our children by teaching this stuff.

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Since they are using tax dollars to pay for sex ed, maybe the opposite should be true. Maybe they should prove they are doing more good than harm to our children by teaching this stuff.
Seeing as regions that teach comprehensive sex ed has less instances of STD transmission and pregnancy, I would say that's already been proven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Why is it a bad idea to show kids inappropriate content? Gee, thats a tough one. Should we show them lots of violent movies to convince them not to kill people?

This wasn't inappropriate content, but a movie warning against underage sex.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums