Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
That scares me, and is probably how cults are started: "Hey, guys, I have no actual training but I feel the Holy Spirit has called me to share the following message......"

why should I trust someone who 'feels' like they're sharing the gospel, when it contradicts another?

So you deny a prophetic utterance?

Do you suppose that you might consider validating what is spoken by way of God's Word?

Or would you dismiss what was said because of your higher education?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
now faith,

It is important to reference our sources if we are challenging another person's theology. I urge you not to use Wikipedia as a source as it is not regarded as a reliable historical and theological source. There are times when I've checked Wikipedia and found it to be OK when one of its articles has referenced sources for which I can then check further.

Oz

Thank You for your insight.
Most often I use it as a source for historical perspective,time lines etc.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And that is done through education, and learning from someone with an education and someone who is formally equipped to teach and handle anything that comes their way in the job. Someone who picks up their bible and wants to preach is not as equipped as a Roman Catholic priest who has been educated.

As for biblical proof, a Baptist wouldn't agree with a Roman Catholic on aspects of the bible. If a formally trained Lutheran pastor tells me baptism is salvific I am going to agree with them 100x over than a Baptist layman who tries to convince me otherwise. One has been taught actual exegesis, the other thinks he knows what it is.

As now faith pointed out you are forgetting the gifts given by God to a person. Any one can get an education that does not qualify them to preach, you can be ordained but that does not qualify you to preach. You must be called by God and appointed by God to preach. I was first called at 17 and spoke to a preacher about it who told me it is a calling you know when your called. I sad yeah i been called. But for family reasons I ran from it. I was called again 30 years later to the month of my first calling. this time I could not run and I understood things like when Paul said he was a slave to God. It is a calling and appointing by God. If you ask me to what I am appointed I don't know and would say education, I am appointed a student of God. When i am finished what will I do, I have no Idea, do you see why? Its not my will but God's it doesn't matter what i plan it is what God plans. In proverbs i believe it says do not plan for tomorrow saying i will do this or that for you don't know what tomorrow will bring but trust God who knows tomorrow and what lies beyond.

Personally I think Catholic preachers are not as prepared as people think and many should not be there in the first place. Same is true with any denomination. To many people say this is what i would like to do so go to school and become that, only to find out it is not what they thought. It's a calling then God educates. It may be in school ,it may be in life, it may be in a church, but God chooses.

Case in point Jesus had no formal education, now you would be in big trouble if you would not hear Him. In fact that was a big mistake of many Pharisees. They said who is this man He has no education how does He know such things. So now you see your flaw, fix it, and don't make the mistake they made.
blu

Upvote 0
G

godenver1

So you deny a prophetic utterance?

Do you suppose that you might consider validating what is spoken by way of God's Word?

Or would you dismiss what was said because of your higher education?

No, I wouldn't trust anyone who says they are a prophet and has prophetic revelation from God. And I don't have a higher education in theology

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
No, I wouldn't trust anyone who says they are a prophet and has prophetic revelation from God. And I don't have a higher education in theology

Good answer,honest and to the point.

It is not about what you believe ,me either it is about walking in the fullness that God gave us
for his Glory.
Each one of us has a commission given by God, if you deny the gift or calling,you are out side of God's will for your life.

Romans: 12. 4. For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5. So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 6. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; 7. Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8. Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Upvote 0