North American churches should each have their own currency!

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Interesting idea that churches might consider unleashing themselves from national fiat currencies.

Some of the great minds behind the creation of Facebook foresee Bitcoin and other crypto currencies becoming a major if not dominate form of currency in the future.

I think as the infrastructure around crypto currency is built up the more common place and widespread the use of crypto currency will be. Western Union will go out of business probably, because people will be able to send units of their crypto currency across sell phones without a third party needing to be paid to carry out the transaction. Supposedly. The fact that crypto currency is all digital and can be broken down into numerical units smaller than a penny is helpful too, especially given their is a limited supply of crypto currency like Bitcoin that can ever be mined or in circulation ultimately.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Interesting idea that churches might consider unleashing themselves from national fiat currencies.

Some of the great minds behind the creation of Facebook foresee Bitcoin and other crypto currencies becoming a major if not dominate form of currency in the future.

I think as the infrastructure around crypto currency is built up the more common place and widespread the use of crypto currency will be. Western Union will go out of business probably, because people will be able to send units of their crypto currency across sell phones without a third party needing to be paid to carry out the transaction. Supposedly. The fact that crypto currency is all digital and can be broken down into numerical units smaller than a penny is helpful too, especially given their is a limited supply of crypto currency like Bitcoin that can ever be mined or in circulation ultimately.

So true..... they sure could help a lot of people to move from the city to the countryside.

Pastor David Wilkerson:
"There will be a sudden rush to buy farms, ranches, and homes in the country.

Thousands will attempt to flee from cities, hoping that a return to the land and

nature will provide security. There will be a growing urge to "get away from it

all"---and much money will be invested in land and acreage in rural areas by

people who have secret dreams of raising their own food and cattle and of

becoming self-supporting. The price of open rural land will continue to soar.

Acreage within 100 miles of most major cities will skyrocket out of reach to

all but syndicates." (David Wilkerson, The Vision, page 18,19).

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

I doubt Bitcoin will take over national currencies any time soon. In truth, it's been a bit of a flop, considering how so many were predicting it would take over the world.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I doubt Bitcoin will take over national currencies any time soon. In truth, it's been a bit of a flop, considering how so many were predicting it would take over the world.

If it never does I will still regret not buying bitcoins when each one was going for less than one U.S. dollar. :)

Imagine how different things could be for me today. :doh:

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Thank you for this exceptionally helpful reply to this challenging topic that still troubles me!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It appears your one of the few who are interested in real history and not the fabricated facade that gets published and fed to the public, nothing is as it appears, Jesus was right when He said the whole world would be deceived, and that great deceiver seems to be doing a bang up job!

Remember a few years ago when it seemed that the comment "inappropriate content star good looks" kind of annoyed Ms. Palin?

Well.......... that can be turned around into a major positive fairly quickly.

Ms. Sarah Palin could theoretically print up one billion "Sarah Palin Volunteerism Hours" and donate all of them to USA ministries assisting women to break out of the sex industry. I would recommend that some of her assistants google Beauty From Ashes Ministries.

The point would be to set in motion a series of documentary and reality film projects where victims of the sex industry break free and turn their lives around........ much as was done by Bettie Page or by Pastor Julie Shematz of Beauty from Ashes.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
First, the Liberty Dollar guy is not in prison. And second, the only reason he was considered guilty of undermining the U.S. currency was because he was so successful at it: he sold $60 million of it. Everybody knew exactly what it was.

The thought has crossed my mind that something like this could be combined with the Sarah Palin movement?!

Nearly thirty percent of the economy of North America is volunteerism in some form.

Governor Palin has such a large and devoted base of supporters that a "Sarah Palin Volunteerism Hour" or dollar........ could be an option that God would powerfully bless.

It could even play a role in the fulfillment of the vision that was given to Pastor Shane Warren?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T93MsTk5-6o

Shane Warren 1 on It's Supernatural with Sid Roth - Future of America

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For right or wrong, the U.S. doesn't want to allow that. Check out:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/25/u...his-fate-behind-bars.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

We had a group in the U.S. stamping coins of HARD CURRENCY, the Liberty Dollar. The FBI raided them for "counterfeiting", confiscated millions in hard cash, and the leader is being tried on criminal charges. Bear in mind, unlike the United States government he used real gold and silver in his coins. And the whole crime behind counterfeiting is that you are paying for real goods with something that is worthless. Not so here--it's the exact opposite. He had real gold and silver. You would think that if you have silver in your possession that you can do whatever you want with it.

The problem is that, in that case, they marketed the liberty dollar as a legal currency in competition with the U.S. dollar.

I've been active in the alternative currency movement for years, mostly through groups like AOCS, and the difference is that groups offering legal alternative currency make clear that their currency is a form of bartering, which is entirely legal.

It's for this reason that you'll never hear gold, silver, or copper coins called "coins", but rounds.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The problem is that, in that case, they marketed the liberty dollar as a legal currency in competition with the U.S. dollar.

I've been active in the alternative currency movement for years, mostly through groups like AOCS, and the difference is that groups offering legal alternative currency make clear that their currency is a form of bartering, which is entirely legal.

It's for this reason that you'll never hear gold, silver, or copper coins called "coins", but rounds.

Fascinating comments South Bound!

If somebody as famous as Governor Sarah Palin were to organize a "Sarah Palin Volunteerism Hour" do you think that the response to it in the "alternative currency movement" would be favourable or perhaps even enthusiastic?

I am thinking that she perhaps sets up both a Sarah Palin Film Production Cooperative as well as a company……… as well as set up a separate organization for printing up some form of "volunteerism hour" that could give churches something to organize around?

I wrote this up for the Canadian political party that I am involved with and the response has been somewhat positive but…… it would be silly for me to hold my breath waiting for a political party to take a significant political risk?!

# internationaltrade: "A Liberal Party Dollar could play a significant role in stimulating certain types of trade with many other nations.

Take a look at CalgaryDollars.ca to get a better idea of the impact that an initiative of this nature can have in merely one Canadian city.

One of the risks of organized barter is that you pay the same level of taxes on earning a Calgary Dollar, as if you had earned a Canadian dollar, so your percentage of dealings in organized barter over a one year period of time need to be at a low enough level where you are still able to pay all your taxes in Canadian dollars.

One possible remedy for this is to set out to make non-profit organizations all across Canada wealthy in Liberal Party Dollars as they try their best to address various social problems.

For example, homeless people in a major Canadian city, could be organized into a film production cooperative or two or three, where they become actors playing the role of homeless people. Liberal Party Dollars could be used to finance a substantial percentage of such film projects due to the fact that charitable organizations could use them to inspire far greater involvement by local companies and individuals than they could if this measuring tool was unavailable to them.

A Liberal Party Dollar could be extremely useful in assisting developing nations to educate children in internet based English and French language instruction. A Liberal Dollar, could even play a significant role in combating ”Dutch Disease” to whatever degree Mr. Mulcair may be correct that it is somewhat of an issue in the Canadian economy??!!" (posted October 2012).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ten American states are considering printing up a State currency and encouraging local governments to print local currencies.

Theoretically..... they could be useful in reducing poverty.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/17/pf/local_currency/index.htm?iid=F_Jump

Now, even state governments are exploring the option. Lawmakers in more than 10 states, including Virginia, Georgia, South Carolina, Idaho and Tennessee, have been circulating proposals to introduce alternative currencies -- many of which would be issued in the form of gold or silver coins.
The Constitution prohibits individual states from printing and issuing paper money as legal tender, but they are allowed to use coins as currency, said Gatch. Individual communities, however, are able to create their own currencies -- including paper notes. Anyone can do it -- as long as the money is easily distinguishable from U.S. dollars and values are tied to the U.S. dollar so that income remains taxable.
Fear factor: Francis Ayley, the founder of Life Dollars, a currency started in Bellingham, Wash., in 2004, said fear of a shortage of U.S. dollars and frustration with the growing wealth gap in the country are driving more people to his currency. Since a majority of the transactions occur online and funds are directly transferred between members, the supply of Life Dollars is unlimited, he said.
The number of people or businesses signed up to use the currency, or members as Ayley refers to them, had remained relatively stable at 250 to 350 for years. But in the past two years, membership has doubled to more than 700. The currency's use has expanded beyond Bellingham to Seattle, too, where 75 new members have signed on in the past six months. Ayley estimates that more than $1 million worth of transactions have been made so far.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We need more money changers.

We certainly need some who are guided and inspired by the Holy Spirit and can understand how wise monetary policy can fit with two intriguing scriptures.

"And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." (Genesis 11)

Ecclesiastes 10:19

"A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things. "

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fascinating comments South Bound!

If somebody as famous as Governor Sarah Palin were to organize a "Sarah Palin Volunteerism Hour" do you think that the response to it in the "alternative currency movement" would be favourable or perhaps even enthusiastic?

I am thinking that she perhaps sets up both a Sarah Palin Film Production Cooperative as well as a company……… as well as set up a separate organization for printing up some form of "volunteerism hour" that could give churches something to organize around?

I wrote this up for the Canadian political party that I am involved with and the response has been somewhat positive but…… it would be silly for me to hold my breath waiting for a political party to take a significant political risk?!
Sarah's got baggage. Go with Opra Winfrey. She has bags full of currency already, too.
Her PR profile could use a photo op with a church about now, come to think of it.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remember a few years ago when it seemed that the comment "inappropriate content star good looks" kind of annoyed Ms. Palin?

Well.......... that can be turned around into a major positive fairly quickly.

Ms. Sarah Palin could theoretically print up one billion "Sarah Palin Volunteerism Hours" and donate all of them to USA ministries assisting women to break out of the sex industry. I would recommend that some of her assistants google Beauty From Ashes Ministries.

The point would be to set in motion a series of documentary and reality film projects where victims of the sex industry break free and turn their lives around........ much as was done by Bettie Page or by Pastor Julie Shematz of Beauty from Ashes.
Brilliant! I love it.

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it could ever work. Imagine travelling across the US and having to change currency, at wildy different rates, in every town you came to. It's be so tedious and you would be ripped off in many cases.

It would be a mess. We had that under the Articles on Confederation (what we had before the US Constitution), and it was one big mess. That is one reason for the US Constitution (though there were other problems with the Articles of Confederation too).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It would be a mess. We had that under the Articles on Confederation (what we had before the US Constitution), and it was one big mess. That is one reason for the US Constitution (though there were other problems with the Articles of Confederation too).

What I am talking about though is not a total...… but only a partial shift over to local currencies and/or church currencies. We would still be using the USA dollar and Canadian dollar for ninety percent of our purchases but......… it is quite possible to work up to a place where ten to twenty percent, (and in some few cases perhaps even more) of our household income could be in the form of a local or church currency.

Homeless people in your city though.... could well get to the place where fifty percent or more of their purchases could be done through a local municipal currency or church backed currency in some form.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
While there are obvious flaws within our currency system (I'm no fan of the fed, nor am I a fan of the fractional reserve banking model in general)...

However, entities printing their own currency does present some challenges and limitations...not so much from a federal law perspective (as noted in this thread already, bartering is a valid form of interacting with others for goods and services).

The issues come into play with civil matters & disputes.

For example...let's say there's a currency called "FreeBucks", circulated by localities in Northeast Ohio. I travel out to New York, and a person is willing accept 10 FreeBucks in exchange for performing a service (thinking that they might use them at some point when they travel to Ohio the following weekend). They come to Ohio, find someone who accepts them, and spends them.

I come to find out, shortly thereafter, that the service they performed was either bad or inadequate based on the agreed upon terms, and naturally, feel that I'm entitled to a partial refund. I call them, they inform me that they no longer have the 10 freebucks, and say "sorry, I'm can't give you a refund".

I decide to take them to civil court in the State of New York were the faulty service was performed...how does the court in New York gauge how much of a refund that person should give me in US dollars?

Is every civil court in the nation expected to maintain a conversion chart for how much each individual currency is worth in US dollars?...is the other person expected to be made to come to Ohio, sell some of their property to someone in exchange for 10 freebucks simply to pay me back?

What are the logistics behind how that would be handled?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
While there are obvious flaws within our currency system (I'm no fan of the fed, nor am I a fan of the fractional reserve banking model in general)...

However, entities printing their own currency does present some challenges and limitations...not so much from a federal law perspective (as noted in this thread already, bartering is a valid form of interacting with others for goods and services).

The issues come into play with civil matters & disputes.

For example...let's say there's a currency called "FreeBucks", circulated by localities in Northeast Ohio. I travel out to New York, and a person is willing accept 10 FreeBucks in exchange for performing a service (thinking that they might use them at some point when they travel to Ohio the following weekend). They come to Ohio, find someone who accepts them, and spends them.

I come to find out, shortly thereafter, that the service they performed was either bad or inadequate based on the agreed upon terms, and naturally, feel that I'm entitled to a partial refund. I call them, they inform me that they no longer have the 10 freebucks, and say "sorry, I'm can't give you a refund".

I decide to take them to civil court in the State of New York were the faulty service was performed...how does the court in New York gauge how much of a refund that person should give me in US dollars?

Is every civil court in the nation expected to maintain a conversion chart for how much each individual currency is worth in US dollars?...is the other person expected to be made to come to Ohio, sell some of their property to someone in exchange for 10 freebucks simply to pay me back?

What are the logistics behind how that would be handled?

Ten USA States are dealing with this question and have made it clear that local currencies must be linked in value to the USA dollar somehow..... so that they are taxable.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/17/pf/l...htm?iid=F_Jump

Now, even state governments are exploring the option. Lawmakers in more than 10 states, including Virginia, Georgia, South Carolina, Idaho and Tennessee, have been circulating proposals to introduce alternative currencies -- many of which would be issued in the form of gold or silver coins.

The Constitution prohibits individual states from printing and issuing paper money as legal tender, but they are allowed to use coins as currency, said Gatch. Individual communities, however, are able to create their own currencies -- including paper notes. Anyone can do it -- as long as the money is easily distinguishable from U.S. dollars and values are tied to the U.S. dollar so that income remains taxable.

Fear factor: Francis Ayley, the founder of Life Dollars, a currency started in Bellingham, Wash., in 2004, said fear of a shortage of U.S. dollars and frustration with the growing wealth gap in the country are driving more people to his currency. Since a majority of the transactions occur online and funds are directly transferred between members, the supply of Life Dollars is unlimited, he said.

The number of people or businesses signed up to use the currency, or members as Ayley refers to them, had remained relatively stable at 250 to 350 for years. But in the past two years, membership has doubled to more than 700. The currency's use has expanded beyond Bellingham to Seattle, too, where 75 new members have signed on in the past six months. Ayley estimates that more than $1 million worth of transactions have been made so far.

Upvote 0