Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I was referring to the 'story' of the aftermath and investigation. She was interviewed - perhaps questioned - before, but not arrested as such. This arrest signals a change in outlook or perhaps evidence to make this arrest worth making, in the eyes of the investigators. She may be released later.
DrBubbaLove said:
Is there something unusual in charging someone alleged to be complicit in a crime?
Not at all. However, the police must have some reasonable cause - other than 'Seems like a good idea to me' for arresting and charging someone.

I'm still waiting for the rest of the story and details.

• Agree
Reactions: DrBubbaLove
Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have read she knew what he was going to do and actually drove him to the club, some have said she knew in advance of the plan as well but was afraid of him (that is reasonable). However if any of that is true, she could have stopped or at least prevented some of those deaths if she had acted on that knowledge - even after dropping him off when it would have been safe to do so. On those grounds alone she could be charged with murder.
In her defense she could claim fear from other Muslims regardless of what happens to her husband, sharia law and all.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I have read she knew what he was going to do and actually drove him to the club, some have said she knew in advance of the plan as well but was afraid of him (that is reasonable).
Now you mention it, that does ring a bell. I think I've heard (read?) the same things. But I do not know how much of that is true, and won't know how much the police actually know and can prove until the matter comes to trial. Which is why, while I am interested, I'm trying very hard to avoid conclusions at the moment.
DrBubbaLove said:
However if any of that is true, she could have stopped or at least prevented some of those deaths if she had acted on that knowledge - even after dropping him off when it would have been safe to do so.
"IF" is a huge word in many situations, criminal court being one of them. Given the "if" in your comment, I have to agree with you.

In PDSR California, a section of the penal does permit a defense of 'reasonable fear' from force to comply with a criminal act. I don't know for sure, but I expect all other states, including Florida to have a similar statute. However, that 'defense' does not (in PDSR California) apply to murder; one cannot trade 'their life' for 'my life'. I expect other jurisdictions to have similar exceptions.

But all this is speculative, from both the prosecution and defense views.

• Agree
Reactions: DrBubbaLove
Upvote 0