Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Often non denominational believers who meet in independent groups will have several preachers and people fulfilling a pastoral role and acknowledged as such, but not going through formal ordination ceremonies: an aspect of Christendom that many Christians prefer not to copy, since in the Bible the emphasis is on fulfilling spiritual gifts in the local church rather than control by a denomination.

Upvote 0

Robbio

Mar 31, 2020
Towson
✟16,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This thread is right on time, praise God! Rather than just start a new thread, I figured I'd jump on this train where so many are already connected. I'd love it if you all could please weigh in as to whether my conclusion is appropriate. I feel it is but still would like to seek counsel in the brethren as part of due diligence. It's a long story, but I'll condense it:

I was called by God 15 years ago. He gave me visions during prayer, about which I spoke to many different clergy who all agreed that the experience was and messages were authentic. Clergy of various denominations, and non-denominational ones, literally just began appearing into my social life and suddenly I was interacting with them pretty much every day. I went into spiritual direction to help process the whole thing for about 4 years. In the middle f that, I joined a Holy Order as a lay affiliate for about 7 years (was Episcopalean / Anglican at the time, but have since moved out of that and into the non-denominational church). I read and read about theology, theological history, the Bible, and prayed all the time. God told me distinctly that I was to be priest and perform all the things that the Apostles had done and speak words of knowledge to people with words about/ for them that He would give me that no one could possibly know, in an effort to make Himself abundantly clear to them. Later, that word kept pressing and I told him I couldn't possibly afford all the money and further years of study in seminary that would be involved in waiting to be ordained and needed His help. He told me that I was to minister but not to go to seminary. Meanwhile. I moved across the country to follow the secular aspect of my calling, as He wanted to use me in that as well, and found a small church group there. I spoke to the minister about this conundrum and he explained that I could enter into discipleship through his church for eventual ordination. I did but then he fell into apostasy and my mother became ill and I had to move back east to help her. Gd told me in prayer that I was already ordained of Him and needn't anymore processing. That id I needed some earthly papers for the legality of it, for man to recognize me legally, that was all. Literally right after that when attending a different church (since I'd had to leave mine) an elder who prayed ver me got and gave me the same word! My mother developed problems causing me to move back east to help her, which was a full time job and now a part-time one. I searched for a church like the west coast one here but the only suitable places I've found don't have what the one out there offered. (This state is difficult, faithwise.) So, the notion has popped up in my mind that I should just do it. Stop waiting for approval. Thus, the online certificates method has come up for me again. I've generally refrained from that because I was concerned it would look less authentic or not be recognized, and didn't know how to really verify some online organization, and similar concerns. Now, especially with all that is happening, I feel like I should get over those concerns, get some sort of online cert. through whatever site that seems the most legit to me and just do it and move on. Does this sound right to any of you? Please let me know ASAP as I feel like I need to move on this quickly after so long. Thank you and God bless!

Upvote 0