nobody cares about me, and you know what, that is just FINE!

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
What's going on Travelerfarawayfromhome?

You do care...you made this thread and that's OK...
I care, God cares and there are others who care too.
I'm sorry that things aren't going well.

My brother went through nearly two years of being
"black-balled" before he was able to get employment.
Trust me, he felt like nobody cared...he felt the heavy
weight of being "ostracized" and or 'bullied".

I kept reminding him that there are people who care
and that God cares also. He'd say, "Then why can't I
get hired? I put in hundreds of applications, and I've
watched as others get hired who weren't even qualified
get hired for jobs time and time again...the employers come to the employment office week after week and they pass on me and even though I'm qualified for the jobs I've tried to get...those same employers keep hiring others who aren't qualified...
I get ____ every time!"

I didn't blame him for being upset, angry etc.
It's hard standing up for what's right...it's hard
to watch as crooks get accolades and promotions at
the company he'd at for 20 years (most of that time
as a second shift supervisor)--my brother found out
drugs were being pushed through the shipping department-- so he reported that...the company is supposed to have a
zero-tolerance for drugs?
It appears that's only for "looks".

Long story short, the company fired him for talking
to the
police; the ones who were dealing drugs? got nice promotions and are still working...my brother?
he gets black-balled, he couldn't get unemployment benefits (thanks to his former employer) and he for nearly two years he couldn't get hired anywhere --also, thanks to his former employer.

Oddly enough...his golden moment came when out of the
blue, he gets his 20 year merit award for being a loyal employee, having a good work record and attendance.
That award came from head office which is in another state...so my brother shows his award certificate when he applies for jobs...naturally the employer is curious why the company who stood against him(silently) has presented my brother with the award...all they can find out is: It came from head office...my brother eventually gets hired.

My brother said that nobody cared, God didn't care etc...
I told him that wasn't true and that God did care...He'd been working behind the scene as usual.
I reminded him that the Lord made it possible for me and my husband to financially and emotionally support him...even though he

didn't want to hear inspiring words and that he'd
said some very harsh word to us and we stood firm.

It was also
pointed out that the Lord found someone
within the company to make it possible for my brother to get his merit award and that the Lord brought forth an employer who wouldn't be "bullied" or give ear to "bad gossip" about him even though he has a sound military record and awards he'd earned during his 10 year military service.

My brother isn't a believer...but he's not as cold to
the gospel as he'd been and he no longer shuts me
down when I say things about God or the bible...
He's listening and we continue to pray that he will
seek the Lord for salvation.

Recommended readings:
Psalm 42

The story of Joseph, starting in Genesis chapter 37
and concludes in chapter 50.

Colossians 1: 11
“God will strengthen you with his own great power so that you will not give up when troubles come, but you will be patient. And you will joyfully give thanks to the Father who has made you able to have a share in all that he has prepared for his people in the kingdom of light.”

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well people respond to your threads and whatever their responses they obviously must care to some degree or they would just ignore your topics. Look, I'm responding. So I care. I always remember your name and your struggles and have you on my mind. :)

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Traveler, I do care about you and I appreciate the time you have taken to make kind comments on my own posts when I have asked for advice. I know that life is terribly difficult a lot of the time, but we do care about you here!!! And God loves you above all and He truly wants you to know that as well. I pray that God will strengthen you and help you through these difficult times and I pray also that you will know that you are loved! God bless you! <3

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
the people who care about you are the ones who tell you the truth. sometimes the truth uncovers a lie that you've believed, and that can be painful; but not knowing the truth is deadly.

if you're about to cross the street and don't see a truck coming, you wouldn't want someone to politely ask you if they can give you some advice - you'd want them to shout at you as loud as they could that you're about to be run over

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Typical - is the word to describe our modern day 21st century blues, depression or anxiety, simply because I have become so used to emotional or spiritual terrorism, I simply use my wildly funny imagination and imagine these mind and body terrorists as part of human nature, just like thunderstorms and earthquakes are part of mother nature's dark side of beauty and the beast:.
Unusual as it may seem, you need Christ's spiritual partnership wihin your heart to feel that you are as valuable as he is, while at the same time, Satan is using logic of impatience to switch faith in Christ with athiest logic in sin which is as normal as mother nature to Earth's constant battle with the elements, like the weather and environmental disasters that keep the planet stable:.
Faith in Christ's Second Coming physical return of his true identity as a supernatural being with eternal youth and health that no amount of money can buy, has to remain strong at all times if we are to receive eternal youth and health ourselves with new genius-intelligent minds and measure-perfect bodies of Christ, and where physical appearance will be just as important as our feelings of eternal joy or happiness when Jesus returns and transforms us, and where nobody will pick on each other when it comes to being too tall or small, or too fat or thin, and every other genetic disability or disease.:
If prayer itself becomes 'can't find the right words to say' annoyance to communicate to Jesus then at least Jesus is always spiritually present in your heart and knows exactly how you feel as you react to the inner (mind and body) and outer (circumstances such as your parents' reaction with you, or the tragic television news events) world.;'*';.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What's going on Travelerfarawayfromhome?

You do care...you made this thread and that's OK...
I care, God cares and there are others who care too.
I'm sorry that things aren't going well.

My brother went through nearly two years of being
"black-balled" before he was able to get employment.
Trust me, he felt like nobody cared...he felt the heavy
weight of being "ostracized" and or 'bullied".

I kept reminding him that there are people who care
and that God cares also. He'd say, "Then why can't I
get hired? I put in hundreds of applications, and I've
watched as others get hired who weren't even qualified
get hired for jobs time and time again...the employers come to the employment office week after week and they pass on me and even though I'm qualified for the jobs I've tried to get...those same employers keep hiring others who aren't qualified...
I get ____ every time!"

I didn't blame him for being upset, angry etc.
It's hard standing up for what's right...it's hard
to watch as crooks get accolades and promotions at
the company he'd at for 20 years (most of that time
as a second shift supervisor)--my brother found out
drugs were being pushed through the shipping department-- so he reported that...the company is supposed to have a
zero-tolerance for drugs?
It appears that's only for "looks".

Long story short, the company fired him for talking
to the
police; the ones who were dealing drugs? got nice promotions and are still working...my brother?
he gets black-balled, he couldn't get unemployment benefits (thanks to his former employer) and he for nearly two years he couldn't get hired anywhere --also, thanks to his former employer.

Oddly enough...his golden moment came when out of the
blue, he gets his 20 year merit award for being a loyal employee, having a good work record and attendance.
That award came from head office which is in another state...so my brother shows his award certificate when he applies for jobs...naturally the employer is curious why the company who stood against him(silently) has presented my brother with the award...all they can find out is: It came from head office...my brother eventually gets hired.

My brother said that nobody cared, God didn't care etc...
I told him that wasn't true and that God did care...He'd been working behind the scene as usual.
I reminded him that the Lord made it possible for me and my husband to financially and emotionally support him...even though he

didn't want to hear inspiring words and that he'd
said some very harsh word to us and we stood firm.

It was also
pointed out that the Lord found someone
within the company to make it possible for my brother to get his merit award and that the Lord brought forth an employer who wouldn't be "bullied" or give ear to "bad gossip" about him even though he has a sound military record and awards he'd earned during his 10 year military service.

My brother isn't a believer...but he's not as cold to
the gospel as he'd been and he no longer shuts me
down when I say things about God or the bible...
He's listening and we continue to pray that he will
seek the Lord for salvation.

Recommended readings:
Psalm 42

The story of Joseph, starting in Genesis chapter 37
and concludes in chapter 50.

Colossians 1: 11
“God will strengthen you with his own great power so that you will not give up when troubles come, but you will be patient. And you will joyfully give thanks to the Father who has made you able to have a share in all that he has prepared for his people in the kingdom of light.”

hello

thanks for your encouragement, I was just feeling a bit depressed and overwhelmed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That is not true, that nobody cares for you! The Bible says that God cares for us, so all we need to do, is to take the promise, believe it, and pray to God and say to him, that he has promised that He cares for us. The Bible says; 'Cast all anxiety or burden or worry on Him, because he care for you!'

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's not true. You've never responded to my post to you so I stopped posting to you.

I apologize if I have never responded to your posts

I don't remember you in any of mine of threads, so I am pretty sure they were not intentional snubs

I have posted in many of the advice threads here, and many time people don't directly respond to mine posts either

that is just how it goes, most of the time it is not snubs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CowWarrior

Aug 18, 2015
✟15,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's not true. You've never responded to my post to you so I stopped posting to you.
There is plenty of that in this world
  • Do you want to eat lunch? No response
  • Do you want to go shopping? No response
  • Do you want to hang out? No response
People in this time and age is overly self absorbed unless there are some benefits to response. Which is sad :/

Reactions: quietpraiyze
Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I apologize if I have never responded to your posts

I don't remember you in any of mine of threads, so I am pretty sure they were not intentional snubs

I have posted in many of the advice threads here, and many time people don't directly respond to mine posts either

that is just how it goes, most of the time it is not snubs.

No these were your particular threads but it's okay. It just bothered me when you said you felt no one cared about you because I know better...'tis all.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is plenty of that in this world
  • Do you want to eat lunch? No response
  • Do you want to go shopping? No response
  • Do you want to hang out? No response
People in this time and age is overly self absorbed unless there are some benefits to response. Which is sad :/

well, it depends

if you sent people a question, they replied, and then you send thank you.

what usually happens, no reply

that is not a snub at all

I think as Christians, we need to learn not to be so petty.

this is something God has had to teach me for a long time

seriously, do we really want to be the kind of people that take offense at the tiniest little things here?

even though many times people didn't actually mean anything.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No these were your particular threads but it's okay. It just bothered me when you said you felt no one cared about you because I know better...'tis all.

mine particular threads?

I am not sure what you mean by that?

are you saying I am the only who does not respond to posts?

I don't think that is true at all

anyway, my understanding is just because one post an answer to someone else question, doesn't mean the OP would always give them a personally reply.

that doesn't mean OP is snubbing them

it happens all the time on this forum.

honestly, you have no idea what I was going through

if you have an axe to grind, I wish you would PM instead and try to sort it out that way.

you know, over the years I have meet Christians who are offended so easily, they get offended if pastor does something, and then they get offended if pastor don't do something, they do this with other Christians as well.

I once knew this pastor who was driven out of his church, partly because of this type of things.

it was very unnecessary.

I was one of them,and God is still working on me in this issue.

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're over off in the deep somewhere now. You started this thread by saying “no one cared about you”. I responded by saying to you that that is not true. How do I know? Because there were several threads in the past that you started that I responded to. You didn't respond back. I reached out to you and that's the point I want you to get. It's just that simple. Anything else like me having an axe to grind, being offended or overly sensitive is a bunch of conjecture and projection on your part and isn't true. It would now be good for you to just move on. If you need to talk my PM is always available. :hug:

Upvote 0