Jun 29, 2015
✟164,106.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course it is. But not every Christian has the authority to COMMAND it.
anytime a believer uses the word of God the word has authority. A baby christian can say to a devil I cast you out in Jesus name and the power and authority from Jesus can cast them out.This is the same with the word of God and any who speak it. The power is in the word. The word of God is quick and powerful, it is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart

The authority that men set for themselves today is often a positional authority over others and as Lords over the other believers. While this is allowed within political governments and rulers and kings have such authority to govern nations and as long as they are not a terror to good works etc ( Romans 12) . This authority however, is not the same in the church and among the gathering of believers .

But what kind of authority does Jesus define for the church? the authority of the church is founded upon Christ and derived from Him and his word, it us worked in humility and love. not in an oppressive dominance of mens persons,as Lords over others or in the natural human wisdom and personality cults. on the contrary, Jesus says, that the one who will be great among them should be as MINISTERS and SERVANTS. A servant does not have authority in the world. But in Gods order this is where they find it. The true authority of God comes when we live in the word of God and speak the word of God. This authority is from God and not of ourselves. We are only able to walk in Gods authority when we are dead to self and let Christ effectually work in us and as we walk in the word of God and His leading. This is how we see the true service and ministry in the light and Spirit of God. And as we read in scripture, It is God that will “Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ;”(Hebrews 13:21).
Any man who walks outside of God working in himself does not have Gods authority or Gods order.
Jesus directly turns the world upside down with this teaching and we find this understanding all through the New Testament. John said similar things when he said that believers have no need that any man should teach them (1 John 2:27. )It is God that teaches through the anointing in Christ and in the word. To day that believers have no need for any MAN yo teach us is the heart of the matter. It is not mens natural wisdom and persons that we are to hear but Gods word, His anointing that we must abide in. To speak forth from this anointing is to speak from God’s leading and according to his word,.is the only real authority among us as we mentioned.
This is clearly the only authority we we are to walk in in the body of Christ, because imagine a man who calls himself a reverend pastor or the leader of the church , and who has preeminence in a meeting, and then he says things that are false or lies and he speaks from his natural mind what he knows naturally in the flesh. Are all believers just suppose to listen to him and obey? Are we suppose to go contrary to the word of God and our conscience just because he says he is the authority? No, this authority of men is not Gods authority and it is not grounded in the word and it has no inner witness to believers. Yet how many people are under such men who exhalt themselves and go contrary to the word of God and who have this positional authority that gives them dominance over the rest if the body and quenches the spirit in others who would speak a word of correction or instruction? Remember Paul taught the believers to let the word of Christ dwell in them richly and from this leading to teach and admonish one another.
Jesus was not an earthly king as seen by men or a religious leader etc, and yet he spoke as one having authority The religious leaders challenged him on this authority, because they thought they were in the authority. But the word Jesus spoke was the authority and he said the word that i have spoke will judge you on the last day. We to when we speak the word of God this is the authority, and as we live in it and give an example to others as we manifest the life of Christ in us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟164,106.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
O

Of course the word of God has authority. But we need someone to interpret it for us rightly -- think of all the people who read the Bible and reach heretical conclusions. That takes a special person. That's why in Acts 6 they ORDAINED just seven to teach the word.
God gives the gifts to the body and teachers is one of those gifts, Paul said he was an apostle not of men or by men, but of God.

John said that we have no need that any MAN should teach us the same anointing teaches us of ALL THINGS and is truth.

So does the anointing only teach us SOME things and we need men to teach us the other things?

No, ALL things are revealed by the spirit, The natural man does not even know them. Yes God gives teachers who have had these things revealed to them and so we listen for the anointing and witness of the word in us and the manifestation of truth in us from God. This will all be in line with the Holy scriptures that were given by the same Spirit through men.

"
But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Cor 2:10-14

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,106.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yes, and I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me. But without Christ we can do nothing. The first foundation to be laid would be Jesus Christ and our reliance on him for all things and all ministry and gifts and life

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
but of those five gifts, only the pastor/presbyter ordained.
really? are you kidding? what was going on at the time of the first laying on of hands by Peter and John? The Holy Spirit was working thru Phillip whisking him away from there to bring him to an Ethiopian enuch.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
anytime a believer uses the word of God the word has authority.
Not every Christian has the authority to command and teach, even if they use the word of God. And thank goodness because so many of us have strange ideas what the Bible means. Take you for instance, you think it's a sin to meet inside a Church.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
really? are you kidding? what was going on at the time of the first laying on of hands by Peter and John? The Holy Spirit was working thru Phillip whisking him away from there to bring him to an Ethiopian enuch.
Laying on of hands is used for more than one reason. Three that come to mind are ordination, baptism in the holy spirit, and anointing of the sick.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Oh look. Someone who claims that Christianity has always been wrong and that they have figured it all out and know how to do Christianity the "right way" and is here to lecture everyone.

Haven't seen that one before.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Open Heart
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
No, ALL things are revealed by the spirit
Christians often mix up their own ideas and intuitions and emotions with the leading of the holy spirit. It leads to thousands of different denominations, not to mention all the disagreements here in the forum. It has led you to believe that only housechurches are the only arrangement meant by God; nothing further need be said.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Laying on of hands is used for more than one reason. Three that come to mind are ordination, baptism in the holy spirit, and anointing of the sick.
so again which is it that only one person can do? ordination is from God, baptism is from God and healing is from God. Each is for a particular ministry from God. Any tradition that acts in the place of God to claim human authority is false.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,106.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh look. Someone who claims that Christianity has always been wrong and that they have figured it all out and know how to do Christianity the "right way" and is here to lecture everyone.

Haven't seen that one before.

-CryptoLutheran

No I only share the truth of scripture according to the word of God. mans traditions have trapped the church in this form for centuries. We see men Like martin Luther and other reformers who may have had the same accusation against them. I can hear men saying to Luther and other reformers. What" are you saying the whole church is wrong?, and you only know the truth. or even when Jesus rebuked the entire religious system they must have thought similar. We must be faithful to the truth God shows in scripture regardless of how mens traditions have dominated for centuries.

I havent figured it all out. But what the Lord has shown me has been grounded in truth and scripture and i have seen the church meeting in homes for almost 20 years in many places. it is a glorious meeting

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,106.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christians often mix up their own ideas and intuitions and emotions with the leading of the holy spirit. It leads to thousands of different denominations, not to mention all the disagreements here in the forum. It has led you to believe that only housechurches are the only arrangement meant by God; nothing further need be said.

I have seen and lived in the truths I speak of here. The scripture is very clear about these things.

I would say that so many have been brainwashed and conditioned to believe their man made traditions that make the word of God of no effect that they cannot see the clarity of scripture. for example you still think that a man made building of brick and mortar is the church. Yet Jesus is not building that, he builds with living stones a spiritual house, and we are the body of Christ and members in particular. he is the head of the church and works in every part. These are sound truths that I have never heard any man refute from scripture yet in all my almost 30 years of ministry. Not one biblical rebuke of them

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
so again which is it that only one person can do? ordination is from God, baptism is from God and healing is from God. Each is for a particular ministry from God. Any tradition that acts in the place of God to claim human authority is false.
I never said they weren't from God. They are sacraments, which give grace. That's not the point of my remark, though.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I have seen and lives in the truths I speak of here. The scripture is very clear about these things.

i would say that so many have been brainwashed and conditioned to believe thier man made traditions that make the word of God of no effect that they cannot see the clarity of scripture. for example you still think that a man made building of brick and mortar is the church. Yet Jesus is not building that, he builds with living stones a spiritual house, and we are the body of Christ and members in particular. he is the head of the church and works in every part. These are sound truths that i have never heard any man refute from scripture yet in all my almost 30 years of ministry. Not one biblical rebuke of them
I think they call this an impasse. We are going to have to disagree agreeably. And technically you are misrepresenting me. A building is not THE church. It is A church.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,106.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never said they weren't from God. They are sacraments, which give grace. That's not the point of my remark, though.

sacraments ( so called) don't give grace, no grace can be merited by works

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,106.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I find that when share some truth from scripture, many people have been involved in a religious system or tradition for so long that they immediately try to defend their tradition. But if we are all open to receive the word from scripture God will work in those that believe by his word. The word is powerful and quick and sharp and breaks the rocks in pieces.

let everything that can be shaken, so that all we see is that glorious image of Christ and his Church

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They are sacred and as such are given to the body of Christ. The church as the body has a responsibilty to bring all the gifts of God forward. We are His kings and priests, which Peter knew better than anyone from what he has written, but his words and epistles are ignored to exult humanism that has crept in to the church from the beginning.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I find that when share some truth from scripture, many people have been involved in a religious system or tradition for so long that they immediately try to defend their tradition. But if we are all open to receive the word from scripture God will work in those that believe by his word. The word is powerful and quick and sharp and breaks the rocks in pieces.
Of course people defend their interpretation. That's what you have been doing too.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No I only share the truth of scripture according to the word of God.

Two thousand years of Christians reading the same Scriptures say different than you. So when it comes to understanding Scripture who should I believe, what every Christian in history has said, or you?

mans traditions have trapped the church in this form for centuries. We see men Like martin Luther and other reformers who may have had the same accusation against them. I can hear men saying to Luther and other reformers. What" are you saying the whole church is wrong?, and you only know the truth. or even when Jesus rebuked the entire religious system they must have thought similar. We must be faithful to the truth God shows in scripture regardless of how mens traditions have dominated for centuries.

It's clear that you really aren't that familiar with Luther or the Reformation. Luther wasn't accusing the whole Church of being wrong. You may want to look at some history here.

I havent figured it all out. But what the Lord has shown me has been grounded in truth and scripture and i have seen the church meeting in homes for almost 20 years in many places. it is a glorious meeting

And what the Lord has shown me is the beauty and the goodness of the historic liturgy. So I guess that about wraps this up.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0