Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I no longer consider myself a Christian. His ways are too strenuous. I can't follow him. Don't this and don't that. It's too difficult. For example, it's not enough to just avoid sexual sin, you have to hate it and not want to act on it. How can I hate it? How can I hate the world?

I don't participate in sexual, except through lusting and desiring it, which Jesus said it is just as bad. I don't get drunk, but I have enjoyed hanging out with drunks in the past. The only reason why I don't go out now is because of my circumstances. I enjoy movies that are innappropriate for Christians, like American Pie. I also enjoy gay shows like Queer as Folk. I can't help it. I am not out there physically sinning like getting drunk and being permiscous. But I obviously still have sin in my heart.

Please for me.

cedric1200

Jesus is King
Sep 6, 2014
Colville, WA
✟16,909.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Praying for you. Serving the Lord should not be a chore, but a joy because we love Him, because He died in our place. Feel for you. God bless.
Obeying God is an obligation. Somewhere in scripture, I think it was Isaiah or Jeremiah, who wrote, "What is the duty of man? To do justly, love mercy, and to walk humbly before God." It is a chore to obey him. I don't have a choice unless I want to be tormented for all eternity. And what person in their right mind wants to be tormented forever. So I am not going to reject God or his impossible standards. I am just rejecting the title. But I will keep calling on the name of the Lord. And I will obey him. I just need to remind myself that there is no choice in the matter.

Do I believe I am saved? Still don't know. I will never know until I die.

Upvote 0

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
prayer6_zpszntwrt83.jpg

Praying for You!
May the Holy Spirit guide You!

May the Lord show you the
right way!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray a spiritual touch in this brothers life in Jesus name I pray. :prayer:

Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 1:15PM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

The Christian way can be a lonesome walk... I wish I could say otherwise....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78nkrIrK26c

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me share this with you, maybe it's time to focus more on love....

Matthew 22:36-40English Standard Version (ESV)

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Exu

Apr 8, 2015
✟15,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OP, obedience to God is heartfelt love for Him, just like you will obey your father on this earth because you love him so much. His requirement is not burdensome at all, it teaches us how to love Him, how to love others and avoid harming them. Love is the only thing that lasts for eternity, all other things become temporal before Love, God is Love too. All of us want and need Love, but when we put temporal things like pleasure before Love, we start to reject Love. God lift you up cedric, He still loves you even when you find Him burdensome. He will always receive a prodigal son back like Jesus said. Come back to Him in love and ask Him to help you obey Him in love. IN Jesus' name.

Upvote 0
C

christsoccer

I no longer consider myself a Christian. His ways are too strenuous. I can't follow him. Don't this and don't that. It's too difficult. For example, it's not enough to just avoid sexual sin, you have to hate it and not want to act on it. How can I hate it? How can I hate the world?

I don't participate in sexual, except through lusting and desiring it, which Jesus said it is just as bad. I don't get drunk, but I have enjoyed hanging out with drunks in the past. The only reason why I don't go out now is because of my circumstances. I enjoy movies that are innappropriate for Christians, like American Pie. I also enjoy gay shows like Queer as Folk. I can't help it. I am not out there physically sinning like getting drunk and being permiscous. But I obviously still have sin in my heart.

Please for me.

Prayers for you
:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray:

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟992,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is a chore to obey him. I don't have a choice unless I want to be tormented for all eternity.
Cedric, I have seen you so worried over whether you are saved or not a lot lately. Do you think God is pleased with the thoughts and sentiments you have above? It sounds like that's the only reason you strive to serve him, simply to escape torture. I'm not so sure that's the kind of servant God is looking for.

I agree with Exu's post above. Please read and think on it.

But I say this so bluntly because a few years ago I basically went through the kind of fear and doubt that you are. Probably everybody does to some degree. So I can speak from some experience. I am praying for you, brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chapmic

Follower of Jesus
Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2014
✟50,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you! It sounds like your getting caught up on the rules but it is about love. I had an issue with the rules too until I learn to grow in my relationship with Christ like talking/praying to him and realizing I obey out of love and honor for me because he gives me peace and forgives me for the sins I committed when I was living worldly. I had to learn how to obey out of love and not from fear. It is like a parental relationship sometimes my parent ask me to do something I'm not excited about doing but I do it because I love and honor and them, to see them pleased about my action makes it worth it. God bless

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Please for me.

pray God will watch over you and guide you back to Him

Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I used to fall so many times due to sin. Yet even when I have fallen I have asked the Lord to forgive my sins. There is no limit on the amount of sins you have committed you may ask for forgiveness to the Lord. Yet now I have a big transformation and the Lord has guided me where I do not fall in the sins I used to have in the past. It was not from my own effort but through the Holy Spirit.

I have an idea on what you are going through. Yet the Lord Jesus really loves you and he is reaching out to you. All you have to do is respond to him.

Jesus says, "Ask, and it shall be given you, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it shall be opened" (Mtt7:7-8).

In the Greek, the verbs ask, seek, and knock, are written in such a way as to indicate, "keep on asking... keep on seeking... keep on knocking"

God is not mad at you. He really wants you to have Jesus as your personal saviour.

Jesus was asked by the disciples how many times they needed to forgive someone. “Then Peter came and said to Him, ‘Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?’ Jesus said to him, ‘I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven’” (Matthew 18:21,22). It’s unlikely that Peter could keep track of whether he forgave a particular individual 490 times yet, so you see Jesus’ point. You always forgive, because God always forgives us. God does not have a limit. He died for every one of your sins—those you’ve committed and those you will commit—past, present, and future sins.You need to begin looking at your sin the way God looks at it. And here is what He says in the Bible:

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

The Lord can bring the Holy Spirit to guide you just like he has guided me

Upvote 0

cedric1200

Jesus is King
Sep 6, 2014
Colville, WA
✟16,909.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am not giving up. I was just frustrated when I wrote this.

I have been dealing with the same sins for many years, even after I confessed Christ as my Lord 3 years ago. I came to him in tears crying out for mercy when I became a Christian. But my sinful desires have not changed. In fact, when I try to fight them, they become stronger. I just thought I wasn't saved, and maybe I am not. I am just not going to give up.

Thanks for your prayers.

Upvote 0