News and a question, Have you ever been on jury duty?

Have you ever been on jury duty?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I have been on jury duty only one time.

News, Getting out of jury duty is a national pastime.

Madeline Byrne was making a quick trip to the grocery store to buy some cheese when a sheriff approached her car in the parking lot and slipped something through her open window.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/07/27/reluctant.jurors.ap/index.html

CACTUSJACKmankin

Scientist
Jan 25, 2007
✟11,817.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I havent but i want to be. I find the judicial process fascinating. I watch court tv and law and order. Coming from a science background i place a high value on evidence and logic. These traits will probably disqualify me though because i would be too difficult for lawyers to sway.

Upvote 0
S

serephim02

Haha never ever been and if they did they would be sorely surprised at how well I pay attention. I dont. They wanna throw me in jail for me being bored fine but I resent the law system majorly after all the crap me and my lttle bro went through in school. Call me what you will I know theres gonna be some poster with "Oh you shouldnt resent the justice system or whatever"

Dont care for the justice system that gives me a 400 dollar ticket for dropping a heavy book on my toe in the hallway and saying F%$k!!!

Dont care for the justice system that gives my bro a 400 dollar ticket for throwing paper across the room to the trash can.

Hate the justice system for giving my cousin a 1000 dollar fine for smacking the crap outta a white supremicist after the well idk what words can be used here so I will say female dog called her a N^$&#R. I woulda done the exact same thing.

Hate the justice system that puts a warrant out for my mom's arrest when our cat needed to be put to sleep and she couldnt pay the bill. Hate that vet for what she called my mom too.

Despise the justice system that conveniently finds a way to go outta its way to screw my family at every turn. Most recent a new fine for having a sattelite dish on your roof. They wont help us get it down either. It being 2 stories up. Also being from the previous neighbors.

So reps to anyone that can get back at the justice system that is so flawed. Let em take me in, IDC. I will go but I will not put a 20% effort into it.

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I almost served on a jury. Both sides wanted me on it, but the judge had sympathy (?) on me because when they asked what I did for a living, I said that I was a college student. The judge asked me if I was skipping class to report for jury duty, and I said that indeed I was. (I did tell the truth....) The judge promptly excused me, and ordered me back to school.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Haha never ever been and if they did they would be sorely surprised at how well I pay attention. I dont. They wanna throw me in jail for me being bored fine but I resent the law system majorly after all the crap me and my lttle bro went through in school. Call me what you will I know theres gonna be some poster with "Oh you shouldnt resent the justice system or whatever"

Dont care for the justice system that gives me a 400 dollar ticket for dropping a heavy book on my toe in the hallway and saying F%$k!!!

Dont care for the justice system that gives my bro a 400 dollar ticket for throwing paper across the room to the trash can.

Hate the justice system for giving my cousin a 1000 dollar fine for smacking the crap outta a white supremicist after the well idk what words can be used here so I will say female dog called her a N^$&#R. I woulda done the exact same thing.

Hate the justice system that puts a warrant out for my mom's arrest when our cat needed to be put to sleep and she couldnt pay the bill. Hate that vet for what she called my mom too.

Despise the justice system that conveniently finds a way to go outta its way to screw my family at every turn. Most recent a new fine for having a sattelite dish on your roof. They wont help us get it down either. It being 2 stories up. Also being from the previous neighbors.

So reps to anyone that can get back at the justice system that is so flawed. Let em take me in, IDC. I will go but I will not put a 20% effort into it.
your legal system is weird though. At times anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lynden1000

Senior Veteran
Nov 6, 2005
Orlando, Florida
✟3,628.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I had jury duty once but wasn't selected. My husband has had jury duty twice and was selected the last time, for a murder trial, which lasted one week.

I have no desire to get out of jury duty. It's my obligation as a citizen to serve.

Reactions: UberLutheran
Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Where do you live, seraphim02?

A $400 fine for throwing paper across the room??? :eek:

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been selected for jury duty three times.

Here on CF, I have a reputation as an über-liberal; but in one of those cases where I served as juror, I was ready to throw the book at the defendent before she decided to accept a plea-bargain.

Not only would I have found her guilty, but I would have voted to assess all court costs against her and I would have asked the judge to give her the maximum sentence!

(You don't want to get me mad when I'm in court! :p)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been selected for jury duty three times.

Here on CF, I have a reputation as an über-liberal; but in one of those cases where I served as juror, I was ready to throw the book at the defendent before she decided to accept a plea-bargain.

Not only would I have found her guilty, but I would have voted to assess all court costs against her and I would have asked the judge to give her the maximum sentence!

(You don't want to get me mad when I'm in court! :p)

Sounds like you're fair, that's all that is asked:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,017.00
Faith
Christian
Madeline Byrne was making a quick trip to the grocery store to buy some cheese when a sheriff approached her car in the parking lot and slipped something through her open window.
Byrne didn't get the cheese, but she did get a jury summons.
The 64-year-old woman was ordered to report for jury duty a little more than an hour later at the Lee County courthouse in Sanford, North Carolina. When Byrne protested, the sheriff told her: "Be there or you'll be in contempt."

Any sheriff who did that only puts the system in more contenpt, and if he worked for me I'd fire him on the spot.

The problem is that the judicial system needs to get with the times. Asking people to sit on trials for weeks at a time doesn’t work. But if there is no way around it, then the courts should pay generously for the inconvenience. If the courts are making people’s life hard by messing up projects at their work, stoppping them from arranging holidays (which often have to be taken with little notice) and doing other chores like picking up children etc during the day, then they should pay generously for the inconvenince.

Upvote 0

Flashlight

Apr 25, 2007
Maine
✟17,015.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I had it once. Got a trial and found a woman guilty of criminal trespass. I hated it. It was so boring. It is not nearly as dramatic is tv makes it. Plus I believe that making people involuntarily serve on a jury violates the amendment against involuntary servitude and should not be mandatory.

Upvote 0

PastorMikeJ

combat veteran
Nov 10, 2005
Shaftsbury, Vermont
✟3,808.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I have been on jury duty only one time.

News, Getting out of jury duty is a national pastime.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/07/27/reluctant.jurors.ap/index.html
ey to get out..just sit there an make a hangman's noose.. they will dismiss you and take your name off the rolls...LOL

Upvote 0