• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Newly Wed - Wife Likely Has Borderline Personality Disorder

SHETALKSTOANGELS

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2016
NY
✟1,611.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Be prepared for your life to be a roller coaster. I am not being mean or negative, I myself have the ailment, though as many books will tell you with age it lessens quite often, which I have found to be true in my own case. My behavior towards others, destructive actions and soul killing behavior, have lessened quite a bit now that I am in my 50s. Now when I pitch a fit it is more likely to be due to a genuine act of unfairness or injustice against myself or others. Sadly there is no medication for it, the prescriptions if given are for each individual symtom which is why borderlines end up with a bagful of drugs, one for sleep, one for anxiety, another for depression, maybe a mood stabilizer or even an anti psychotic.

The main help is loads of love and reassurance and following thru on promises made.
I wish you luck, I remember myself 35 years ago.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0