Newbie!!!!!

MaraPetra

WARNING! Uncoated observations dispensed here.
Dec 12, 2005
Louisiana
✟15,435.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone!

I'm here stumbling about, but in faith :holy:

I registered in the hopes of finding a Christian cyber-home, where I can bless and be blessed, and where I can learn.

I'm not by any means a newcomer to the Body. Although I was baptized on April 21, 2002, I'd been "going to church" all my life. So while Christianity has always been there, I've only just learned what it is to have an actual "spiritual walk".

Personal tidbits: I'm a 32 year-old mom to two and step-mom to two more (3 kids living at home with us full-time). This is a second marriage for both my hubby and I. Hubby, who was once a church leader, brought me into his church while we were dating; now, he's basically lapsed out of the church and out of the faith, while I'm now a leader (I direct Nursery operations) and struggling to grow in a home suddenly devoid of spiritual togetherness & sometimes devoid of warmth. It's interesting, to say the least, but I do understand that it's a season.

Anyways, enough of my blathering. It's great to be here!

Reactions: tiradas

tiradas

Contributor
Jul 20, 2005
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,519.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

cmblinka.gif

Welcome!! Glad you are here!!

Becky

Upvote 0

tryme

Oct 22, 2005
✟13,188.00
Faith
Calvinist
Upvote 0

BOBB

Dec 12, 2005
✟117.00
Faith
Other Religion
We have evidence that a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. None of us, of course, were around to see it, but we have written accounts of it. We have several lengthy volumes explaining all details of His power. Also, you may be surprised to hear that there are over 10 million of us, and growing. We tend to be very secretive, as many people claim our beliefs are not substantiated by observable evidence. What these people don’t understand is that He built the world to make us think the earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease.

I’m sure you now realize how important it is that your students are taught this alternate theory. It is absolutely imperative that they realize that observable evidence is at the discretion of a Flying Spaghetti Monster. Furthermore, it is disrespectful to teach our beliefs without wearing His chosen outfit, which of course is full pirate regalia. I cannot stress the importance of this enough, and unfortunately cannot describe in detail why this must be done as I fear this letter is already becoming too long. The concise explanation is that He becomes angry if we don’t.

You may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s. For your interest, I have included a graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years. As you can see, there is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature. In conclusion, thank you for taking the time to hear our views and beliefs. I hope I was able to convey the importance of teaching this theory to your students. We will of course be able to train the teachers in this alternate theory. I am eagerly awaiting your response, and hope dearly that no legal action will need to be taken. I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.