Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is interesting that New York limited the drink size for just soft drinks. Why would you not limit the size and for that mater the number of alcoholic drinks a person can consume at a bar? We all know the health and safety risks caused as a result of drinking alcohol, yet there is no restriction to alcohol drink size. I tend to believe that this law is focused more on achieving political aims then it is focused on reducing health risks.

Upvote 0

Chris81

Servant to Christ
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've never been to a place that didn't have refills.....

I am talking about those establishments that do not allow you to refill your cup for free. They want you to buy another drink. Many establishments are like this, in fact every movie theather is like this. If you brought your empty cup to the concession stand they would deny you service but will of course give you the option to buy another drink.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is interesting that New York limited the drink size for just soft drinks. Why would you not limit the size and for that mater the number of alcoholic drinks a person can consume at a bar? We all know the health and safety risks caused as a result of drinking alcohol, yet there is no restriction to alcohol drink size. I tend to believe that this law is focused more on achieving political aims then it is focused on reducing health risks.

Don't forget they also didn't limit the size of Milkshakes :D
So go enjoy the large OREO Chocolate Milkshake
Chocolate_n_Oreo_Shake_000l.jpg

It's only 1730Cals with 86g fat :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am talking about those establishments that do not allow you to refill your cup for free. They want you to buy another drink. Many establishments are like this, in fact every movie theather is like this. If you brought your empty cup to the concession stand they would deny you service but will of course give you the option to buy another drink.

Ah ok.

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Children do not drink alcohol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Anyway, the article said this cup limitation/reduction in sugary drinks is the first step, maybe the milkshakes are next?

Is there a limit on how far you are willing to allow the state to intrude into how people buy and eat food?

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I remember drinking alcohol as a child, along with probably 75% of my peers. Some even drank in bars.
I guess that is one difference between you and I. I did not drink or hang around with people who did. Besides you know I meant legally. It doesn't matter anyways because my comment had no point!

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States