I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Bernie Sanders eyes the Scandinavian model in social policies. Donald Trump gropes a Scandinavian model by her butt.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/art-2000001939677.html

– Before the show we (Trump and the other contestants) were photographed outside the building. Trump stood right next to me and suddenly he squeezed my butt. He really grabbed my butt. I don’t think anybody saw it but I flinched and thought: ”What is happening?”

EDIT: Let's mention that she didn't come forward on her own initative. A newspaper was interviewing Finnish women who had met Trump, and asked had he groped them. She just answered the question asked by a reporter.

Last edited:

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Why would people come froward now and claim this now? Other than just not wanting him to get election?

fear of being ridiculed and not having their claims taken seriously.
now that a lot more people have come forwards they feel safer also doing so since there is safety in the pack so to speak.
just because someone has waited a long time before coming forwards does not make their claims false.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
fear of being ridiculed and not having their claims taken seriously.
now that a lot more people have come forwards they feel safer also doing so since there is safety in the pack so to speak.
just because someone has waited a long time before coming forwards does not make their claims false.
It is not as if prior to his running for president he was a random nobody. He has been well known for decades.

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why would people come froward now and claim this now? Other than just not wanting him to get election?

Because a newspaper asked her, and all the other Finnish Miss Universe contestants about it, since the story of Trump sexually assaulting women broke out in the US and they got curious if anyone of those women has story to tell. She didn't come forward on her own, but answered the question when asked.

You also are probably missing the minor detail here that the woman in question lives half a planet away from US, and it's highly unlikely she is very involved or interested in American politics, or taking part in American political conspiracy.

Finland is not Scandinavia - but close enough :D

Northern part of Finland is actually, if we talk about it in geographical terms about the Scandinavian peninsula. The correct geographical term for the area including Finland, Sweden and Norway is Fennoscandia. But that's nitpicking really.

If we talk about Scandinavia in cultural or political sense, it's correct to refer to Nordic countries in the area as Scandinavia. For practical purposes, in political context Nordic = Scandinavian.

Upvote 0

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not as if prior to his running for president he was a random nobody. He has been well known for decades.

True, but mostly well known in the US. In Europe, most people did not know much about him. Now he fills the news every day. This is from an European lady

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don’t think anybody saw it but.... you need to believe me because I want Hillary to win.

Why would a Finnish model, a woman who lives an ocean away, have an interest in taking such a role in American political agenda of electing Hillary? She is not a US citizen and has lived all her life literally on the other side of the planet from the US.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Northern part of Finland is actually, if we talk about it in geographical terms about the Scandinavian peninsula. The correct geographical term for the area including Finland, Sweden and Norway is Fennoscandia. But that's nitpicking really.

If we talk about Scandinavia in cultural or political sense, it's correct to refer to Nordic countries in the area as Scandinavia. For practical purposes, in political context Nordic = Scandinavian.

I know it is nitpicking, so I wasn't very serious about it. That's why I said "close enough". However, the locals would definitely see a difference between Scandinavia and the Nordic countries (which also includes Iceland and the Faroes) . For instance, they speak a totally different language in Finland, and they are much more influenced by Russian culture than Sweden and Norway

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
True, but mostly well known in the US. In Europe, most people did not know much about him. Now he fills the news every day. This is from an European lady
She is not the only one to have accused him.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Each person can have different reasons. Each one needs to speak for oneself. All people are not the way you and I may want to think.

Maybe > since her country of Finland is near Russia and people are worried that Donald has an attachment to Russia.

She could be coming out with what really did happen, or she is making it up . . . now, either way, for political purposes.

If it really did happen . . . at that time, she might have just decided to let it go.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Each person can have different reasons. Each one needs to speak for oneself. All people are not the way you and I may want to think.

Maybe > since her country of Finland is near Russia and people are worried that Donald has an attachment to Russia.

She could be coming out with what really did happen, or she is making it up . . . now, either way, for political purposes.

If it really did happen . . . at that time, she might have just decided to let it go.
If you choose to let something at the time; then you better know that it will be hard as heck to prove later ( particularly if you have another reason to rat now).

Upvote 0

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It can be as simple as publicity. There is only a short article on her in the Finnish Wikipedia, and none in other languages. So, this can be helpful PR: "I was groped by Trump" https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninni_Laaksonen

She didn't come forward on her own.

A newspaper was asking everyone they knew who had met Trump has he groped them, and she answered the question. She didn't seek to speak out, but didn't deny it when asked.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And even if she had not been asked, she now could have a much greater motivation to come out . . . if she really feels that Donald could be a problem for her country. Saving your country is not just a personal dignity issue.

But, like I say . . . she can speak for herself.

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
However, the locals would definitely see a difference between Scandinavia and the Nordic countries (which also includes Iceland and the Faroes) . For instance, they speak a totally different language in Finland, and they are much more influenced by Russian culture than Sweden and Norway

We're on the same boat man, you like it or not! We can spend the rest of the day arguing whether it's a Viking boat, or something else. ;)

Upvote 0

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A newspaper was asking everyone they knew who had met Trump has he groped them, and she answered the question.

You know you have a bad reputation when a newspaper ask that question to anyone who has ever met you

Upvote 0