• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

New to forum - chronic myofascial pain syndrome

gardenangel

Jul 1, 2011
✟15,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am thankful to have found a Christian forum that addresses chronic pain.
I have lived with chronic pain for 2+ years now and was just diagnosed with chronic myofascial pain syndrome. It has been a struggle. I seem to have lost my way - God seems very far away.

I guess I am looking for encouragement as I try to manage this daily pain.

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
You are in the right place. I have been dealing with chronic pain since 92 breaking my back in a railroad accident as well as other mis-steps through the years.

The path you are on with God, and He is with you, will be as difficult and painful as you make it...I am talking from lots of experience. I still struggle but no longer with Him...wrestling with God is what Jacob did and it left him worse for wear. We who are physically broken fair far better if we surrender and let Him break us spiritually. All ppl should be totally dependent on Him but as long as we have "resources" to pull from we tend to rest on them. We don't have the luxury that healthy people have but then again we may choose to be closer to Him (which is what He wants) than the average bloke. It has taken me 20 yrs to just start to get this...thats a lot of bitterness, stress and emotional pain that was just not necessary.

Ask yourself this...how long do you want to stay away from Him. He is not far away at all. "I will never leave you or forsake you". He loves you and He is intimately acquainted with pain...physical pain (crucifixion is one of the most painful forms of capital punishment ever devised), emotional pain (everyone deserted him, ppl including family thought he was out of his mind), spiritual pain (He was separated from the Father to pay the price of all of humanities sins).

He has not left you...in your confusion and frustration and pain do not turn from Him. Even if you do He will ALWAYS be with you and there for you at the drop of a hat.

You are in our prayers.

Upvote 0

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year. I also suffer from 3 ruptured discs, 2 in neck with stenosis and 1 in lumbar spine-which has caused pain since my early 20's and I am now 38. I also have osteoarthritis and was told bursitis in both hips. I am to young for this. lol. I was kinda thinking I had or have the myofascial pain syndrome too, but I am not for sure. My muscles are constantly "sore", when you push on them hard enough I feel bruised all over, then of course the tender points. The fatigue is horrible at times and I run out of steam if I push myself to hard.
I think when I was first diagnosed it was a slap in the face, and all I could ask was why..I am getting alot better at that now, I have read the story of Job and for some reason to know that God allows this, but also remembering that it all works out for the good actually comforts me. Through all of this I never was mad at God, maybe questioned, but never mad. I honestly think if you keep your eyes on him and constantly talk to God he becomes your strength. I do have times to where I doubt myself and am I being selfish or not, but thats why I come here and talk to God alot. He is there, through everything, even when you don't feel him. I have been there plenty of times. Just keep talking to him, praying. I pray but I do alot of talking to him, lol. Sometimes he might get tired of it, haha. But most of it is silent talking, thank goodness he knows what we are thinking. At night when I am lying in bed, I just keep going on and on to him, thanking him for so much and how blessed I am and how great he is...sometimes I can't quit and wind down to go to bed, haha. All I can say is keep it real, tell him what's on your heart, and keep on talking, he is listening, oh and stop sometimes to listen to what he has to say, I have a hard time with that. When you make him more of the focus you start to lose focus on your pain. I also know that looking at others, the saddness, people dying because they just don't have enough food or medicine, makes me so much more thankful of him and what he does for us. It could always be worse, that's what I tell myself.

Take care, and if you need to talk, Im all ears,
God bless,
littlek

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am thankful to have found a Christian forum that addresses chronic pain.
I have lived with chronic pain for 2+ years now and was just diagnosed with chronic myofascial pain syndrome. It has been a struggle. I seem to have lost my way - God seems very far away.

I guess I am looking for encouragement as I try to manage this daily pain.

I hear you. Many times we just want someone to listen, encourage and validate and it gets lost among others wanting to fix, dismiss and criticize us claiming we don't want to heal. Having this illness I can say no I do not agree. I say this to assure you I understand this illness isn't easy to deal with and there are various misnomers concerning it. If you ever need an ear I don't mind listening or chatting. This illness is with us every minute of every day some times worse than other times. My diagnosis is extensive, my entire body aches, but we don't need to do this alone. Having support makes things easier. You're not alone. Take care.

Upvote 0