Not in Heaven yet
✟144,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Those are exactly the sort of things that freak me out. I had a stalker from another mrssageboard and that was bad enough. I can't imagine what you went through. I was told you can have a private page?
Yeah, you just have to set it up to be private in your settings. It's honestly self explanatory and not difficult.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,653,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yikes. :eek:
I understand this, and it was really my own fault. I did not set my privacy settings properly. I posted a picture that had a view of the building across the street clearly identifiable. Someone who knew me figured out where I live and started following me around.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You can be as visible or as invisible as you care to be based on the settings you choose. You will only see what your friends post, and I suspect you won't choose to have friends who post inappropriate contentography or inflammatory nonsense. The only people who will see your posts are your friends, and if you feel pressured into accepting a friend request from someone you don't like or trust you can make it seem as though you are friends but keep them from seeing your stuff. There is a private message feature that is pretty much like the one on here.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
So I can have a private page but my friend's friend get added in the mix unless I never comment on their page?
I'll just use my timeline as an example. Your timeline or news feed is just a long series of posts from your friends about literally anything. I'm friends with Right Wing News. I see what they post, and as you can see, I can comment, like, or share it. If it was a real individual friend, the same applies. However you might not be friends with somebody else your friend is friends with, but you will still see what that person posts on your friend's message and vice versa. However, you can set your account up so that, other than your post on this message, name, and profile picture, nothing else is visible to them because only your friends have access to your page. Get it?

Screenshot_2015-08-25-10-51-36.png

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
You can be as visible or as invisible as you care to be based on the settings you choose. You will only see what your friends post, and I suspect you won't choose to have friends who post inappropriate contentography or inflammatory nonsense. The only people who will see your posts are your friends, and if you feel pressured into accepting a friend request from someone you don't like or trust you can make it seem as though you are friends but keep them from seeing your stuff. There is a private message feature that is pretty much like the one on here.
Worth noting that nudity isn't allowed on FB. Some idiot could post it, like they could here, but it would be reported and taken down.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,653,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah I get it pretty much. I'm just going to have to put a toe in the water and ease in. I'm only interested in personal things on FB. I'm not going to want news, politics. I can go to cf for that. I want to use the page for friends and family. There are people here I want to friend as well. Maybe post pics of my projects, etc. I have had enough of the drama stuff and do not see a need to have it conjured on my FB. I can deal with personal real life issues but none of the other for public consumption stuff to get all in a fizz about.

I'll just use my timeline as an example. Your timeline or news feed is just a long series of posts from your friends about literally anything. I'm friends with Right Wing News. I see what they post, and as you can see, I can comment, like, or share it. If it was a real individual friend, the same applies. However you might not be friends with somebody else your friend is friends with, but you will still see what that person posts on your friend's message and vice versa. However, you can set your account up so that, other than your post on this message, name, and profile picture, nothing else is visible to them because only your friends have access to your page. Get it?

View attachment 162392

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,653,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well darn! There goes my goal of showing off my b-day suit! ;)

Worth noting that nudity isn't allowed on FB. Some idiot could post it, like they could here, but it would be reported and taken down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Nice adds - Tallman and Antigone.

Michie - set your privacy - and have fun.
Its not scary. :)
I kept my [where do you live] to my hometown - so no one knows where i actually live. [But will one day go back to] Although you really arent [that i know of] required to fill anything out and or - it asks what you want to show...[birthday, etc] But do show the date - just not the year so we can wish ya a happy birthday.

Warning: Adding me can be risky if you like goofy and off the wall stuff. OR prayers or thoughts for uplifting moments.
PS - thanks. :hug: [Tho i dont feel lovely]

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,653,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well you don't give yourself enough credit!

Nice adds - Tallman and Antigone.

Michie - set your privacy - and have fun.
Its not scary. :)
I kept my [where do you live] to my hometown - so no one knows where i actually live. [But will one day go back to] Although you really arent [that i know of] required to fill anything out and or - it asks what you want to show...[birthday, etc] But do show the date - just not the year so we can wish ya a happy birthday.

Warning: Adding me can be risky if you like goofy and off the wall stuff. OR prayers or thoughts for uplifting moments.
PS - thanks. :hug: [Tho i dont feel lovely]

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well you don't give yourself enough credit!
:hug: Love ya.

Let me know when 'you git 'er done...' and crack open the FB account. :kiss:

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
My ugly mug just now. Watching Hannity, enjoying some Boston Lager, and posting here. By the way, that totally isn't a roll of toilet paper behind me, LOL. It is a giant roll of art paper for the kids.

IMAG0174.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,653,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0