Arizona
✟9,600.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How is 'truth' or being 'true' defined in this graphic?
It's saying that we create constructs that are basically true, but not the whole picture. It's like a kid who won't accept a quarter from his mom and when asked why says, "Dad showed me what a quarter looks like. It has an eagle, not a head." Once were trapped in the construct we can't see the truth.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It's saying that we create constructs that are basically true, but not the whole picture. It's like a kid who won't accept a quarter from his mom and when asked why says, "Dad showed me what a quarter looks like. It has an eagle, not a head." Once were trapped in the construct we can't see the truth.

No wonder I didn't quite understand it. I'm an Aussie and quarter, eagle and head are not relevant to my coinage. But I have lived for 7 years in the USA, so I have a bit of an idea.

Oz

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just saw this on another thread and it visually presents what I think a lot of people get trapped in.
View attachment 162665
The only issue I have with the attachment might be it represents Truth is subjective and not objective. For me, the issue comes down to respect, and there have been times I haven't been respectful. I'm reading a book on world views and knowing what your opponents worldview is and properly show how it is wrong takes work to understand and it shows respect.

Reactions: Poor Beggar
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm very good at getting along with others. Mostly because I've learned to ignore willful stupidity. In fact, I've been on CF for about 1 week now and I have 6 people on my ignore status!

Your too funny ^_^

Welcome bro, God bless you and the peace of Christ be with you

Reactions: Poor Beggar
Upvote 0