Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you're interested, you're welcome to join the new Hebrew class that I'll be presenting. We're going to use the free online textbook of Cook and Holmstedt called Biblical Hebrew: A Student Grammar (2009). You can find the text online here. I would recommend saving a copy to a flash drive, taking it to CopyMax, Office Depot or Kinko's, having it printed, covered with plastic and spiral bound before beginning. It's almost 250 pages long (and free!).

We'll be meeting on PalTalk for the lessons. Contact me by PM for more information.

Thanks!

Yonah

Last edited:
Reactions: etZion

etZion

A Dirty Gentile
Feb 2, 2012
✟16,035.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
If you're interested, you're welcome to join the new Hebrew class that I'll be presenting. We're going to use the free online textbook of Cook and Holmstedt called Biblical Hebrew: A Student Grammar (2009). You can find the text online . I would recommend saving a copy to a flash drive, taking it to CopyMax, Office Depot or Kinko's, having it printed, covered with plastic and spiral bound before beginning. It's almost 250 pages long (and free!).

We'll be meeting on PalTalk for the lessons. Contact me by PM for more information.

Thanks!

Yonah

I won't be attending, but I want to say this, that it is a blessing you are willing to do this for others. :thumbsup:

Bless you sir and Shabbat Shalom!

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've created a PowerPoint presentation to accompany our discussion of lesson 1. It's on dropbox here. Meetings will be held on PalTalk (still deciding on a day of the week and time). We should have a decision some time this week about times.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I won't be attending, but I want to say this, that it is a blessing you are willing to do this for others. :thumbsup:

Bless you sir and Shabbat Shalom!

If you think of anyone who wants to join, let them know. It's a biblical Hebrew class.

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you think of anyone who wants to join, let them know. It's a biblical Hebrew class.

I would love to join you but the 2 times I downloaded PalTalk I got a virus each time, so I won't be taking that risk again!! But to all who have been able to get the program virus free, I'm sure you will enjoy yourselves and learn much. Thank you for sharing your knowledge Yonah!!

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I didn't get a virus with the program. I keep my scanner going regularly. I think it's OK.

I've only had this computer for about 18 months and both times I downloaded PalTalk I ran into trouble. I just don't trust it anymore :). Perhaps later if I'm able to get better security, I'll try again but for right now I'll have to pass. I'm sure it would be fun though. :hug:

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is the time we're meeting on PalTalk, for anyone who might be interested. You can contact me at yonah_mishael on PalTalk.

England: Monday 23:00
Australia time: Tuesday 09:00
Israel time: Tuesday 01:00 (Monday night)
Eastern States: 18:00
Central States: Monday 17:00
Mountain States: Monday 16:00
Pacific States: Monday 15:00

If that doesn't cover your time zone, I'm sorry. You should be able to convert it online. This is the only time that would meet the needs of our core group. We're having the first meeting this Monday. Let me know if you can make it. I'll send you the password to the chatroom on PalTalk.

Regards,
Yonah

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've only had this computer for about 18 months and both times I downloaded PalTalk I ran into trouble. I just don't trust it anymore :). Perhaps later if I'm able to get better security, I'll try again but for right now I'll have to pass. I'm sure it would be fun though. :hug:
I had problems with this a few years back.

I found this at the paltalk site

Anti-Virus software:
This may sound bizarre but you may want to disable your virus scanner during the installation process. The reason for this is that Paltalk needs to make certain adjustments to your system registry and register dll files with Windows.

SOME (not all) anti-virus software will throw alerts and interfere with the installation. We recommend that you download Paltalk to your hard drive, then run a virus scan on it to be sure it's ok, then disable your antivirus program. Now run the Paltalk installer.
(Norton Anti-Virus does not seem to have this problem and can be left running)
Paltalk Support

file transfers
Files may be infected with trojans or viruses. ANY file you receive from ANYONE on ANY chat program or EMAIL should be scanned with an UP TO DATE virus scanner AND trojan cleaner!

Most virus scanners do scan for the well known trojan programs that are floating around, but it is much better to use a separate trojan cleaner.

Even people that you know may be unknowingly infected and spreading viruses. They may be completely unaware that they are doing it.

When you receive a file on Paltalk, a box pops up asking you if you are willing to accept the transfer. It is YOUR choice as to weather to accept or not. Please use common sense and heed our advice and scan every file that you choose to accept.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was using Norton both times that I got infected from PalTalk. The first one was PCSecurity malware virus. Every time I would go on the internet it would pop up telling me about their product and I couldn't do anything else.
The second time was the same type of malware, just can't remember it's name.
I've just recovered from a 3rd infection. So I'm not in any hurry to try for a 4th from a place that has a proven malware problem. (Some how both times they passed the virus scan, I never ever download as a "run" only ever as an exe. to the desktop for that very purpose - to scan it.)

It very likely is fine now, I'm just gun-shy!

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We did our first lesson yesterday. Raging success, I think. We covered all of the letters of the alphabet. Starting with vowels next week. Good luck to our participants. May you master the alphabet this week and be on your way to learning Hebrew!!!

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh, I'm so happy to hear that!!! The language is so awesomely amazing!!
The place where I'm returning give serious Hebrew lessons each year. The one time I tried to join in, my job interferred terribly and I couldn't keep up with missing classes. This time when they are offered there won't be anything standing in the way. One of the teachers used to teach it in high school, so he's used to working with "nimnals" like me, lol!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.