New Cult ? from Korea . man name "Ahnsahnghong" claim to be God

SmallFish

Aug 12, 2005
✟115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello everyone,

I am being approach by a friend whom try to preach to me a religion from Korea call " the church of God".

So far I don't know too much . But it looks very strange .They worship a man name Ahnsahnghong. They are not only is a cult , but in my opinion they did a very good job to make people think they are truey doing God's work. That makes them rather dangerous. If a cult just your money is very easy to spot. But this cult seems to has the power for mind control without their subject aware of it . If they can control your mind they can destroy your soul.

I am wondering if anybody know anything about this "The Church of God" . The teaching according to Ahnsahnghong.

THank you

Fish

SmallFish

Aug 12, 2005
✟115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I know a little bit regarding this cult.
#1. They believe Jesus will comeback 2 times ,not once.
#2. They think Jesus has already came back once on the year 1948. (The same year Isreal became a nation )
#3. they believe Jesus has came back as a korean man name
Ahnsahnghong.
#4.They believe the mission of the Second Christ is to remind people the importance of keeping the Passover Dinner ( Last Supper) and keep the Sabbath .
#5. They believe because King David was in power as king for 40 years. So the Messiah should also has 40 on earth. The first Christ has 3 year, the Second Christ should have 37 year. Their Second christ Ahnsahnghong was baptist on 1948 and died on 1985, alltogether 37 years. And they believe he was sent by God.
#6.THey believe there is a Father God , there should also be a Mother God. After Their leader pass away. They says the mother God came to earth , and she is living amount them.
#7. They hated main-stream churches. They think putting a cross in the church building is the worse sin. They hated people remember Christmas.
#8.They don't want their follower to listen or read anything from the Main stream churches.
#9. They forbeatten their follower to worship Jesus Christ. they think their leader Ahnsahnghong did way more greater than Jesus christ. Even Jesus had die for us.

#10. They worship their god Ahnsahnghong and their other God whom they call "The Mother ".

Can any one give me some more info on this "Church of God" group.

THank you

Lee

Upvote 0

DaveS

Veteran
Jul 23, 2005
Swansea, Wales
✟9,486.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Wow... sadly deluded...

#1. They believe Jesus will comeback 2 times ,not once.
#2. They think Jesus has already came back once on the year 1948. (The same year Isreal became a nation )
#3. they believe Jesus has came back as a korean man name
Ahnsahnghong.
#4.They believe the mission of the Second Christ is to remind people the importance of keeping the Passover Dinner ( Last Supper) and keep the Sabbath .
#5. They believe because King David was in power as king for 40 years. So the Messiah should also has 40 on earth. The first Christ has 3 year, the Second Christ should have 37 year. Their Second christ Ahnsahnghong was baptist on 1948 and died on 1985, alltogether 37 years. And they believe he was sent by God.
#6.THey believe there is a Father God , there should also be a Mother God. After Their leader pass away. They says the mother God came to earth , and she is living amount them.
#7. They hated main-stream churches. They think putting a cross in the church building is the worse sin. They hated people remember Christmas.
#8.They don't want their follower to listen or read anything from the Main stream churches.
#9. They forbeatten their follower to worship Jesus Christ. they think their leader Ahnsahnghong did way more greater than Jesus christ. Even Jesus had die for us.

#10. They worship their god Ahnsahnghong and their other God whom they call "The Mother ".

All I say is, beware of false prophets.

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Smallfish, thank you for making me aware of this cult.

Usually cults do try mind control.

Methods I think this cult is probably using:
* Love bombing (that is, paying so much attention to the victim that the victim feels the cult is the only group that cares.)
* Forcing a lack of protein and sleep. Protein and sleep (especially dreaming sleep) are two really important things necessary to keep a mind working properly. Taking away these things allows cults to brainwash people more easily.

The love bombing would be used to convince the person to try the "religion", then the "religion" would include rules saying that the person is not allowed to eat meat (though some honest religions do it because of a sense of compassion). If the cult can, they'll try to hold ceremonies that will throw off sleeping habits. Then the teachings of the "religion" become brainwashing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

raffster

Unabashed Truth
Sep 29, 2004
Somewhere
✟8,277.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
SmallFish said:
Hello everyone,

I am being approach by a friend whom try to preach to me a religion from Korea call " the church of God".

So far I don't know too much . But it looks very strange .They worship a man name Ahnsahnghong. They are not only is a cult , but in my opinion they did a very good job to make people think they are truey doing God's work. That makes them rather dangerous. If a cult just your money is very easy to spot. But this cult seems to has the power for mind control without their subject aware of it . If they can control your mind they can destroy your soul.

I am wondering if anybody know anything about this "The Church of God" . The teaching according to Ahnsahnghong.

THank you

Fish

In the Philippines we have "Iglesia ni Kristo" which means "Church of Christ" and the followers believe they are the one true Church. Their founder, a crazy lunatic, thinks he is a prophet. Oh, they are very strict about contributing a % of your monthly income to them as it is "God's will".

Upvote 0

JT912

Jun 11, 2008
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Smallfish: Welcome to my world!! I was approached by these guys on campus some time at the end of July and man they have some twisted stuff. I tried to sit and talk with them telling them the truth but it's only the Lord who can remove their darkness. I just met again with 2 of them yesterday evening at a starbucks, my friend and I because I want God to rock these guys, never because we want to win an arguement but rather we did it so that we could actually share the truth and make a stand for Christ. Well there ended up being a little arguing and we didn't really get that far with them and one guy was manifesting a demon grinding his teeth looking uncomfortable, they eventually just got upset and wanted to leave. My friend and I aren't done with these guys yet were are truly contending for their souls so were praying for them and offered to meet with them again. I must warn you though if you are willing to engage these type of people just know that it will require a great deal of spiritual warfare after encountering them. I felt a nasty spirit rubbing off on me from dealing with these guys but I'll be alright, they have a very strong mind control spirit as well as many others because of their deception.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JT912

Jun 11, 2008
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Also I just want to add this, these guys are something else. They actually have internet hackers removing any negative information about them. They have taken down tons of youtube videos, blogposts, etc. So I'm finding it a little difficult to find more information on them as I'm studying it for future encounters with them. They have recently just launched a huge campaign trying to recruit as many as possible thats why there coming up all over the place. They are doing this because they also believe that the world will end in 2012. You can find out more about it from there website which I think changes all the time so I would do a google search for Ahnsahnghong.

Upvote 0

gennym

Sep 20, 2010
✟15,112.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I have a sister in this cult (World Mission Society Church of God). I know this thread is kind of old, but if anyone here needs more information on this cult, their beliefs, and how to answer their claims, try Googling these terms:

"encountering ahnsahnghong" for my own blog addressing their false doctrine and giving Biblical answers

and

"cultwatchahnsahnghong" for a website put up by former members and pastors. They have a great forum.

I'm sorry I can't post the links directly. I'm too new here, and it won't let me post links with a post count less than 50. But I just wanted this information to be out there for people who need it.

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2010
✟15,111.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ok I really need help here, my best friend has been going to a bible study and is claiming alot of these characteristics that this church believes in. Jesus came in 1948, crosses are evil, jesus came to restore passover, also that the antichrist is not a person but a spirit. he has not mentioned that korean guys name or said he worships anyone else but christ. I am wondering if the church is easing him in or what. I am planning on talking to him this weekend or early this week coming because he says he grew up in a southern baptist church and I know that what he is learning is blasphemy but i dont know how to convince him

Upvote 0

gennym

Sep 20, 2010
✟15,112.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Your friend is blessed to have you watching out for him.
It sounds similar with the year, the Passover, and the belief that crosses are evil. But the World Mission Society Church of God (WMSCOG) believes that the Catholic Church is the antichrist.
Try to get more details from your friend, especially the full name of the church. If it's the same one, please check out the website I mentioned previously and see if they will help you.
If it's a different one, you can try looking it up at:
Centers for Apologetics Research (thecenters dot org)
or
Freedom of Mind Centers (freedomofmind dot com)

Upvote 0