Washington
Visit site
✟15,390.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, everyone!

I am incredibly excited to announce the release of "God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen/The Legend of the Three Brothers" on Bandcamp! It combines a traditional version of "God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen", fresh new music and an original poem full of adventure, danger, comfort, and joy. Follow the journey of three brothers lost in a storm on Christmas Eve as they are rescued by an old man who teaches them the carol we all know and love.

When I say I'm incredibly excited about this song, I mean I'm INCREDIBLY excited. I absolutely love Christmas, especially the music and would sing Christmas carols all year if it were socially acceptable. On top of that, I did my senior honors thesis on the Christian year, researching the development and historical celebration of several Christian holidays, including Christmas, and wrote songs (not this one) for each one I researched. So the Christian holy days are truly one of my passions. I hope you all enjoy the song as much I do and I hope it puts you in a merry mood as you get ready to celebrate the most sublime mystery in Christianity, the birth of God as a baby. Here's the link:

God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen/The Legend of the Three Brothers | Jotham David Parker

It will also soon be available on CDBaby, iTunes, Amazon etc.

Merry Christmas!

Jotham David Parker