ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone.Its my first message at this forum.

I am living in Turkey.There is Muslims are %97

I want to meet new christian friends.

And want to learn new informations about Christianity.

Thanks all.

My messenger address is (Please add me)

owner.alps@timsahlar.org

GoodBye...:)

Turkey used to be a major center of Christianity, you might want to look into that.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I will give u some sources for a start: www.christiananswers.net, www.TheBibleProofBook.com, www.equip.org, start with the articles at equip, AlwaysBeReady.com

So turkey isn't a closed society like Iran? I have a video of an iranian who converted to christianity-very inspirational. If interested in this, feel free to email me.

Wecome!

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is why division exists in the church of Christ: dogma.

The problem we face as Christians is sin. Sin is actually misunderstood in most churches: they think it is works which will gain their place in Heaven so they get fixed on stopping addictions, cleaning up their appearance and trying to impress people or reap a harvest of souls for Christ's kingdom.

Mark 7
17After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18"Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? 19For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body."

20He went on: "What comes out of a man is what makes him 'unclean.' 21For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.' "

Repentance is the matter of being aware of your thoughts and rebuking evil thoughts immediately, often there will be an evil spirit trying to claim your mind for his own, you have authority to tell the demon to depart in Jesus' name and it will instantly cease to hound you.

The Bible can be read literally and personally. The problem that we have in Christianity is that churches tend to take a personal conclusion from the Bible and hold it as an axiom to their faith. This is not how the Bible is meant to be used. It is meant to facilitate a relationship with The Father and Jesus Christ. The church is in serious danger of correction from God when it does this, as the church likes to maintain it's heirarchy of power and not distribute it freely to it's members. Not all churches do this, only the ones who have been choked by all the cares and riches:

Luke 8
11"This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. 12Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. 13Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. 14The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. 15But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.

Keep reading the Word and praying to God, ask Jesus into your life and learn to hear the personality of Jesus in your thoughts. Once you have exercised your discernment you'll instantly know when Jesus or The Father speaks to you and when it is another spirit trying to sway you. I have found the evil spirits leave me right alone now, occasionally I find they come to me but they can't actually give me a reason why lol so they go away again when I tell them to ;)

Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Acts – 5:38, 39

1. Through the centuries, there have been always true believers in the whole world who have kept and preserved the Gospel in its originality, because they feared God, and because they appreciated very much the Gospel. When a person finds something precious he tries to keep it because it is precious to him."
2. The commandments - ‘do not still, do not kill, do not lie, and, other commandments of God, are written (coded) on the heart (consciousness) of every human being, even those living in the jungle, who have never seen civilization or the Bible. Moral laws can be created and come from a moral Being - God. Man did not create the ten commandments, because, if he did, he could change them as it suits him and, would not feel guilty for doing sin! The moral laws are independent from men.
3. The creation of man, the earth and the universe, display the wisdom, love, goodness, order, purpose, design, and the beauty of God, which he has placed in them!
The Bible is like a manual with instructions from God for us, to know where we came from, what to do on earth, and where we will go, in the future. It is like a person having a car, and manual with instructions. To have a car is not enough in order to know, how to drive or repair and maintain it. You can try and drive or repair your car without a manual, and may be succeed to some degree. But the manual gives you all the detailed instructions for everything you need to know about driving or repairing your car. It is similar with God, his creation and the Bible. We can know God and some of his attributes by just observing the creation, and the thing that he made. But the Bible gives us much more information about God, more than the creation gives us.
4. The miracles from God like speaking in tongues, healing and others, are another prove and confirmation from God, for the existence of God and that the Bible is true - (Hebrews 2:3,4, Acts 2:22, 14:3, 16:26-30, Mark 16:17, 20, John 2:11,23, 3:2, 4:48, 6:2, 10:25, 38, 11:45, 14:11, 20:30,31, Luke 10:13)! Some of the miracles, in the Old Testament, and which Jesus did, in the New Testament, were not to help or heal people, but only to show and prove, that God is real, and that His Word is real, and also, to show His glory, like the miracle of Jesus walking on the water, for example.
5. The Bible is a historical book, describing historical people and places, and proves itself, to be true!
6. There are many Christian (Church history) and secular, non Christian materials and books, written in the life time of Jesus and the Apostles, which speak about Jesus and the Apostles and the first Christians during the 1, 2, 3 and later centuries. Some of them are written by Roman historians, who saw Jesus or the Apostles, and wrote about them, even though, they themselves, were not Christians. For example the book - „Quo Vadis Domine.“ Also, the archives of the Roman emperors in the time of Jesus, describe the person of Jesus Christ.
7. The prophecies about Jesus and Israel in the O. Testament, and other prophecies in the Bible are fulfilled! In 1948 Israel was miraculously formed as a nation again! - Deuteronomy 28:64, Ezekiel 36:24, Isaiah 7:14, 9:6-7, 53:4-
8. There are much more documents (manuscripts) about the New Testament in the world, than they are for any other ancient literature! - Josh McDowell
9. The calendar, is another proof about the historical person of Jesus, because it starts, from the birth of Jesus.
10 . The conversion (born again experience) of even the toughest criminals, is the greatest miracle itself ( Nicky Cruz). Also, the immediate deliverance from God, of people who use drugs and are drug addicts, is another miracle.
11 . There is not a proof yet, that the Bible is not true. There have been many people through the history, which have tried to prove that the Bible is not true, but they could not, and some of them even have become Christians, while investigating the Bible.
12 . Archeology, also proves the accounts in the Bible.
13 . There are many famous scientists, and philosophers, that believe in God!
14 . The existence of the Jewish nation and its history, is a proof of the Bible.
15 . The Apostles according to history, were killed, because of their believe, that Jesus is God, and he rose from the dead. No body will die for a lie.
16 . Only twelve ordinary men, turned the whole Roman empire and the world upside down, and changed it, by the Gospel.
17 . The presence (the anointing) of God, and his power and love, is not just knowledge in the head, but it can be experienced and felt very realistically -(John 7:38, 39, Romans 8:16).
18. The Bible is made of many books which have been written in 1600 years period! It is written from about 50 authors, which were living on different continents and in different countries, and spoke different languages, and had different professions. But the whole Bible has one common point, and that is the Lord Jesus Christ.
19. God cares for his Word, and has made sure, that trough all the centuries, his Word will be preserved and kept in its originality!
20. All living beings – plants, animals and humans, have something which is common to them all, like a blood system, respiratory system, nerve system, digestive system, which shows, that they came from the same source – God.
21. The fact that people from different races, can marry and have children, proves that people from all different races, came from the same source, or the same parents, Adam and Eve, otherwise, if they did not, they would not be able, to produce children.
22. Years ago, people did not believe that the earth was round, but that does not mean, that the earth is not round. Therefore, if some people, do not believe in God, or his miracles, it does not mean, that he does not exist or that there are no miracles. Today, there are many people who do not believe in speaking in tongues, or healing from God, even among Christians, but there are about 600 000 people globally, who speak in tongues, and there are thousands of people who are healed from God.
23. You can experience love, but you can not explain it. It is similar with God. You can get an experience from him, but you can not explain it. There are many things in this life, which can be experienced, but can not be explained. It does not mean, that they are not real.
24. When Jesus said that he is the Life (the life of God), he was really mad, or he really was, who he claimed to be, and there is no other option.

25. We can not see wind, but we can see its results, effects, and we can experience it. It is similar with God.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have Christian friends who go to Turkey, and meet up with other Christians there. But it would not be appropriate for me to give you names, as you can imagine.

Just trust that they are there.

Have you visited any of the sites of the early church? Cappadocia, Antioch, Ephesus -- you are in the heart of New Testament land!

You might find more devoted believers in humanitarian work than in the formal churches.

Protestantism in Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christianity in Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Turkey's Protestants Face Wave of Attacks | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction 2005 article

Tours to religious places & sites in Turkey. Islam, Christianity, Judaism in Turkey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums