New Apostolic Reformation

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What is it? And what do you think of it?
No idea really.
Haven't even heard of it.

However, as noted by several others in various threads independent of each other,

almost everything 'new' the last 20 to 50 years has proven to be deceptive, like many things old, even..... so nothing is sure and true, not to be trusted unless/
if not tested first, and totally in line with YHWH'S PLAN, PURPOSE and HIS WORD in Y'SHUA for SALVATION.

Often it takes time, and some questioning/ pressing for details (as deceivers are not inclined to say up front that they are deceiving anyone)...

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Apostolic_Reformation

and searching "new apostolic reformation" on amazon brings up some books against.

I just stumbled on it. NAR seems to be a charismatic thing to set apart from catholics, protestants, etc.

I recognize several associated names for it.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What is it?

A dangerous evolution of the Latter Rain error.

And what do you think of it?

It is, arguably, one of the greatest internal threats to the Christian Church today; and its political influence and support makes it a concern even for those outside of the Church.

It is both rank heresy and dangerous.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: Biblicist
Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I do know that more churches seem to accept the existence of all parts of the five-fold ministry, including apostles. If this is the direction you want to go, I will post what I think of it.

As I have been looking around, that seems to be part of it.

It is, arguably, one of the greatest internal threats to the Christian Church today; and its political influence and support makes it a concern even for those outside of the Church. It is both rank heresy and dangerous.
-CryptoLutheran

What makes you think it is dangerous and heretical? I only heard about it by accident.

And what other internal/external great threats are there to the Christian church?

Emerging church? wonder if that is part of nar. and there is a big thing about confessional methodist churches going about.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
And what other internal/external great threats are there to the Christian church?
Chrislam was embraced by churches nationwide and world wide and may be one of the greatest disasters ever.
Seeker friendly false gospel as expounded and warned about by David Wilkerson is another one spreading like wildfire nationwide and worldwide.

A Prophetic Warning by David Wilkerson on The Seeker Friendly ...
▶ 27:51
Jul 17, 2012 - Uploaded by GreatApostasy
The Gospel of Accommodation by David Wilkerson.

• Useful
Reactions: redblue22
Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Everyone who subscribes to one of the 42,000 denominations, has something he disagrees with in 41,999 denominations. So disagreement is kind of something we can ignore, I think. I am more concerned with the statistical fact that the younger you are, the less likely you are to care for Christianity as we have inherited it from the past. It seems to me, something new MUST come about, just because God is bigger than all of this, and our need for Him is bigger than all of these arguments. Assuming this to be correct, the Bible says prophets and apostles are necessary to bring it forth.

I don't like the NAR either, because I don't like when people think they have enough of a handle on God's plans to start classifying them. But I think that something like what it stands for is the wave of the future for the Body of Christ on earth.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What makes you think it is dangerous and heretical? I only heard about it by accident.

A lot of things, but the thing that makes it dangerous? Dominionism.

Heresy is always a nasty one; but I say NAR is especially bad because it is a rather quick growing movement and it's not always immediately easy to spot because NAR isn't a centralized movement or a denomination, but a network of self-proclaimed apostles and prophets who believe they are especially appointed for a final generation before the return of Jesus to lead the church in dominion over society as a whole--politics, media, entertainment, business, government, etc.

Emerging church? wonder if that is part of nar.

Emergents are their own thing, not part of NAR.

and there is a big thing about confessional methodist churches going about.

Confessionalism is a thing in several Mainline Protestant traditions, it just refers to getting back to the roots of one's tradition; in Lutheranism for example Confessional Lutherans basically strive to be as faithful to the Lutheran Confessions as possible--the same thing exists in Presbyterian, Methodist, and other historical, mainline Protestant churches.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
it is interesting that they hold themselves to be distinct from Protestantism

that really lets them cut loose from orthodoxy (not that all self proclaimed Protestant groups have stayed all that Protestant themselves)

I would be interested to hear how they define the five-fold ministry

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
it is interesting that they hold themselves to be distinct from Protestantism
that really lets them cut loose from orthodoxy (not that all self proclaimed Protestant groups have stayed all that Protestant themselves)
I would be interested to hear how they define the five-fold ministry

It is funny that you bring up orthodoxy. They have their own bible translation, The Passion Translation. It has several additions. (no, not editions, additions. remember, they're apostles and prophets. see John 22, for example.)

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As a Pentecostal who is well aware of the distrastrous effects of the latter-rain movement (1948) and with its offshoot the new apostolic renewal upon the Pentecostal and charismat movments in particular, I know full well that these two heretical systems are best avoided at all costs.

You may recall the Todd Bentley disaster of only a few years back where this NARzie contrived theatrical show turned from one of theatrics into an ongoing display of wickedness, which the senior NARzie of the time such as Wagner, Joyner, Johnson and others tried to salvage. The Todd Bentley disaster was a good reminder to us all that the senior NARzie leaders of our time are both unreliable and untrustworthy.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It is funny that you bring up orthodoxy. They have their own bible translation, The Passion Translation. It has several additions. (no, not editions, additions. remember, they're apostles and prophets. see John 22, for example.)

that is extra disturbing

Upvote 0