Visit site
✟310,300.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'd like to know any information that anyone may have on the NAR.
New Apostolic Reformation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems to me that this is just an acknowledgement of the gifts yet I have heard others that are not impressed with prophesies coming from the 'prophets'. By prophets would that be a reference to people like Rick Joyner fi ... would he/they be considered representatives of the whole NAR, because Chinese house churches are included in NAR and are poles apart in any category I can think of ....

Any information would be helpful. Thanks

Reactions: psalms 91

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟310,300.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess they want to reform everyone, according to their name.

Why aren't they called "the new servant reformation"?

I think the apostolic name they gave themselves is self grandiosity.
An apostle, from Classical Greek ἀπόστολος (apóstolos), meaning "one who is sent away", is a messenger and ambassador. The purpose of such "sending away" is to convey messages, and thus "messenger" is a common alternative translation.

Here's a list of differences of beliefs between the NAR and traditional Protestantism

Apostolic governance – The Apostle Paul's assertion that Jesus appoints apostles within his church continues to this day.

The office of the prophet – There is within the church a role and function for present-day prophets.

Dominionism – "When Jesus came, He brought the kingdom of God and He expects His kingdom-minded people to take whatever action is needed to push back the long-standing kingdom of Satan and bring the peace and prosperity of His kingdom here on earth

Theocracy – Not to be confused with theocratic government but rather the goal to have "kingdom-minded people" in all areas of society. There are seven areas identified specifically: religion, family, education, government, media, arts & entertainment, and business.

Extra-biblical revelation – There is available to all believers the ability to hear from God. "The one major rule governing any new revelation from God is that it cannot contradict what has already been written in the Bible. It may supplement it, however.

Supernatural signs and wonders – Signs and wonders such as healing, demonic deliverance and confirmed prophecies accompany the move of God.

Relational structures – church governance has no formal structure but rather is by relational and voluntary alignment to apostles
I'm just not seeing a difference between common beliefs these days. What is those differences of beliefs? Perhaps someone can point them out?

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟281,907.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An apostle, from Classical Greek ἀπόστολος (apóstolos), meaning "one who is sent away", is a messenger and ambassador. The purpose of such "sending away" is to convey messages, and thus "messenger" is a common alternative translation.

Here's a list of differences of beliefs between the NAR and traditional Protestantism

I'm just not seeing a difference between common beliefs these days. What is those differences of beliefs? Perhaps someone can point them out?
Not seeing a problem from that list. NAR is far more Biblical on those points. But then, I'm starting to view reformed theology as another gospel.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟310,300.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not seeing a problem from that list. NAR is far more Biblical on those points. But then, I'm starting to view reformed theology as another gospel.
???

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

I understand the Greek, it is no big deal, anyone can search out a word on the net. So let me ask you this..

Is the apostle word today a power word, that garnishes alot of respect, whereby when one calls himself that he self anoints, and proclaims himself on par, as far as respect, with the biblical apsotles?

Again, the "new servant reformation" would be better.

And who are these people that have this great revelation to reform us little people with?

Thanks, frog.:)

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I guess they want to reform everyone, according to their name.

Why aren't they called "the new servant reformation"?

I think the apostolic name they gave themselves is self grandiosity.
Interesting question. What's your view, would "new servant reformation" be better?
I understand the Greek, it is no big deal, anyone can search out a word on the net. So let me ask you this..

Is the apostle word today a power word, that garnishes alot of respect, whereby when one calls himself that he self anoints, and proclaims himself on par, as far as respect, with the biblical apsotles?

And who are these people that have this great revelation to reform us little people with?

Good questions.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Interesting question. What's your view, would "new servant reformation" be better?
From what I've seen of these individuals over the years, their attitude is far from demonstrating a servants heart but where it is more intent on finding undiscerning followers. The NARzie movement is nothing less than a blight on the Full Gospel movement where we should be hanging our heads in shame with how so many have followed this Godless and unBliblical model.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
From what I've seen of these individuals over the years, their attitude is far from demonstrating a servants heart but where it is more intent on finding undiscerning followers. The NARzie movement is nothing less than a blight on the Full Gospel movement where we should be hanging our heads in shame with how so many have followed this Godless and unBliblical model.

Why are so many from within Spirit-filled groups following the NAR movement?

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Why are so many from within Spirit-filled groups following the NAR movement?
I was going to say that it could be a combination of gullibility, ignorance, a need to follow a high-fligher or maybe even that some have realised that it is a superb gravy-train to travel along; but as this could be deemed to be a bit ungracious (and that it might break a few forum rules) then I won't say it.

If you have an opportunity to look at the material that the more renowned Pentecostal and charismatic scholars have to say regarding this aberrant movement, then you might find them to be even less gracious than I have been.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I was going to say that it could be a combination of gullibility, ignorance, a need to follow a high-fligher or maybe even that some have realised that it is a superb gravy-train to travel along; but as this could be deemed to be a bit ungracious (and that it might break a few forum rules) then I won't say it.

If you have an opportunity to look at the material that the more renowned Pentecostal and charismatic scholars have to say regarding this aberrant movement, then you might find them to be even less gracious than I have been.

I see. Well, I suspect that my perspective may be less ungracious but it would be no less opposed to movements such as NAR.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I see. Well, I suspect that my perspective may be less ungracious but it would be no less opposed to movements such as NAR.
There's probably not all that much new with the NARzie movement as most of it is probably only a rehash of the old latter-rain movement that came out of Canada (where it should have stayed) back in 1948.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There's one thing that I definitely need to say, in that, within the Pentecostal and charismatic movements there is a tremendous amount of expectation at grass-roots level which means that any hyper-positive or pseudo-spiritual message can at times be easily accepted by the unwary.

This will always be an issue for the Full Gospel movement up until the day the Lord returns; I suppose that this tendency to uncritically incorporate messages/movements/individuals, is something that any people who have high expectations with regard to the power and ministry of the Holy Spirit will be prone to such excesses - though it still cannot be used as an excuse.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There's probably not all that much new with the NARzie movement as most of it is probably only a rehash of the old latter-rain movement that came out of Canada (where it should have stayed) back in 1948.

Any thoughts on Howard Carter (+1971 AD)?

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟310,300.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The thread is not about choosing or renaming, but the definition was to show that what you suggested are the same thing.

Apostle is still a gift of the Spirit in many circles, perhaps not yours. While prophets are also. But all gifts are for the church.

Prayer walking against satan is considered bad by some? but hardly false prophet worthy.

Biblical criticism on Peter C. Wagner: heresy exposed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The thread is not about choosing or renaming, but the definition was to show that what you suggested are the same thing.

Apostle is still a gift of the Spirit in many circles, perhaps not yours. While prophets are also. But all gifts are for the church.

Prayer walking against satan is considered bad by some? but hardly false prophet worthy.

Biblical criticism on Peter C. Wagner: heresy exposed
"Prayer walking" has been around well before the onset of the NARzie movement, it is certainly not unique to them.

As for the role of the congregational prophet, this has been a cornerstone of Pentecostal ministry since the beginning of the last century; unfortunately the NARzie movement has corrupted this office by trying to establish so-called regional prophets.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What's "Prayer walking against Satan"?
Bands of (or individual) Christians will often walk around a suburb or maybe even a specific building or block where they will pray against specific problems that have appeared in that area.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Bands of (or individual) Christians will often walk around a suburb or maybe even a specific building or block where they will pray against specific problems that have appeared in that area.

Why?

I am more inclined to sit on my doorstep and look at the world and pray as the situation and other things come to mind. I sometimes pray while walking but I can't recall walking around a suburb or block or building to pray about it specifically or about some alleged spiritual wickedness that needs to be fought in that physical area.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Why?

I am more inclined to sit on my doorstep and look at the world and pray as the situation and other things come to mind. I sometimes pray while walking but I can't recall walking around a suburb or block or building to pray about it specifically or about some alleged spiritual wickedness that needs to be fought in that physical area.
I was wondering if you would ask this question. It could be likened to a group of people who meet either at church, in a private home or on a sunny day at the local park; some things just seem to be more effective when they are done in a certain way, though there is certainly no Biblical requirement to do so - particularly if its both raining and windy!

There's probably one good reason for doing such a thing in that at times it can help the group to focus on what they are doing and I've heard on numerous occasions where people have noticed certain things occurring on their prayer-walks where they have been able to immediately focus their prayer in a specific direction.

PS. Though having a group of men walking past a dozen or so auto shops while they are trying to focus on prayer might be a bit distracting for some!!

Upvote 0