Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wrong! Read John, the head cloth is separate from the shroud. The shroud of Turin is one piece and includes the head!
Yes the Shroud is in Italy and the Head Cloth is in Spain.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,795.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yes the Shroud is in Italy and the Head Cloth is in Spain.
But the shroud of Turin is a one piece shroud with the head included! The description in John is that the body had its own shroud, with a separate head cloth.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the shroud of Turin is a one piece shroud with the head included! The description in John is that the body had its own shroud, with a separate head cloth.
They why are they in two different cities if it is all one piece. You need to do more research so you know what you are talking about. I am getting tired of doing research for people that are to use to be spoon fed and do not know how to discover the truth for themselves. WE can not teach truth, you have to discover truth for yourself. No one can do that for you.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,795.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
image.jpeg
They why are they in two different cities if it is all one piece. You need to do more research so you know what you are talking about. I am getting tired of doing research for people that are to use to be spoon fed and do not know how to discover the truth for themselves. WE can not teach truth, you have to discover truth for yourself. No one can do that for you.
Two separate 'fake' relics. John describes the shroud as consisting of multiple pieces, with a separate facecloth. The shroud of Turin is a one piece shroud, it did not have a separate face cloth.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two separate 'fake' relics.
You do not know what your talking about. The shroud of Turin is a photo negative because of the resurrection power of God that raised Jesus from the dead. Those of us that are saved and redeemed already have that power of God working in us. Those who do not know God and those who do not know the Power of God do not know that the Shroud is real and that it can not be faked. Again you need to do the research. If you do not want to do the research that is fine but don't go around trying to talk like you know what you are saying when you have not done the research.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,795.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You do not know what your talking about. The shroud of Turin is a photo negative because of the resurrection power of God that raised Jesus from the dead. Those of us that are saved and redeemed already have that power of God working in us. Those who do not know God and those who do not know the Power of God do not know that the Shroud is real and that it can not be faked. Again you need to do the research. If you do not want to do the research that is fine but don't go around trying to talk like you know what you are saying when you have not done the research.
Apologies Joshua, I should have said 2 relics of disputed provenence.

Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Joshua, I didn't see you reply to post #19, which was a reply to you. Thoughts?

In Christ-
Papias

Both tests as well as observation show the shroud to be a work of art, not the burial shroud of anyone.

There is too much evidence to list, but some of the more clear lines of evidence include:
  • The complete reproduction of the shroud mentioned by Jimmy.
  • The red ocher paint used - common in Europe in the Middle ages. It's simply a painting of Christ on cloth.
  • the carbon dating by three different labs commissioned by the Vatican - all giving the same date in the 13th century.
  • The historical record listing that it was known to be a forgery in the 13th century, and that they even knew who painted it.
  • The cloth weave is that kind from the 13th century, not the simplier weave used in ancient Jerusalem.
  • The fact that it doesn't match the gospel account. Even John Calvin saw this, and stated that "either Saint John is a liar, or the shroud is a fake".
  • The painting itself- if you wrap or even drape a flexible cloth on a face, the face is widened, with the ears showing. The shroud doesn't match this.
  • The painting itself doesn't show a human being - the forehead is shrunken, as if Christ suffered from microcephaly. Or Jesus was a neanderthal?!?
  • The painting itself doesn't show a human being - the facial dimensions don't fit a human (such as eyebrowns to chin/width of face) - in the opposite direction as that expected from cloth, as well.
  • The painting itself doesn't show a human being - the arms are different lengths. The Romans would have had to make the cross with one side arm longer than the other.
  • The painting itself doesn't show a human being - the hands over the penis pose is impossible - try it yourself: Lay on your back, place your hands over your genitals, then relax your arms (as if dead) - your arms are too short to cover your genitals. And why would a dead guy cover his penis anyway? Of course, a Gothic artist would cover the penis if this were a piece of art of public (not pubic) display.
  • and many more.
There's better evidence for space aliens than there is for the Shroud of Turin being anything other than artwork.

that software can make a 3D face from anything. Heck, my 14 year old son can make a 3D face on his computer from his own crude sketches.

Um, human blood is very easy to come by. Just nick yourself if you'd like some to put on your artwork.

Seriously, taking this artwork as the actual burial cloth of Jesus requires us to avoid looking at it with our own eyes.

In Christ-

Papias

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

People have done research and have posted on here about a replica, showing that it can indeed be faked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People have done research and have posted on here about a replica, showing that it can indeed be faked.
The real shroud is a photo negative made from an unknown energy. The fake shroud is just a painting made with all modern materials that are dated to be modern, not ancient.

Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The real shroud is a photo negative made from an unknown energy. The fake shroud is just a painting made with all modern materials that are dated to be modern, not ancient.

"unknown energy" = greed: making money from selling a forgery.

And I still haven't seen a response to post #19.

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

You'll notice from the article that he only used techniques and materials which would have been available in the Middle Ages when the shroud was made.

The shroud is not dated to be ancient, but to the late 13th or early 14th century, which fits in perfectly with its first public appearance in 1357. Rather odd that the shroud would have been knocking around for well over a thousand years without any record, but then right at the time when its dated to it appears in the historical record. Very strange.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They took the sample for the dating from a place where the shroud had been repaired. So the date they have is from the repair.

No they didnt. Just accept the facts, its a fake no matter what conservapedia wants you to belive.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just accept the facts,
Your the one that needs to accept the facts not me. I sent a lot of time to investigate the shroud and I believe the evidence shows the shroud is real. You can believe what you want. You are accountable for what you believe and what you tell others, I am not going to be held accountable for what you do.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Your the one that needs to accept the facts not me. I sent a lot of time to investigate the shroud and I believe the evidence shows the shroud is real. You can believe what you want. You are accountable for what you believe and what you tell others, I am not going to be held accountable for what you do.

What, if anything, would disprove your claim?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What, if anything, would disprove your claim?
I would if I could but it would be a waste of time. People that want to know the truth will search the truth out. The truth is what sets people free. People that do not know the truth do not know freedom.
This is a 10 min video but the first min will show you my point.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would if I could but it would be a waste of time. People that want to know the truth will search the truth out. The truth is what sets people free. People that do not know the truth do not know freedom.
This is a 10 min video but the first min will show you my point.

Hahaha, no just no.

Upvote 0