Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
sleestak.jpg

Reptilian features with bipedal/mammalian structures. Does this fit into the nested hierarchy? If not, why not?

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It interesting you brought this up since they are having trouble trying to get reptiles to fall into a nested hierarchy. (man's box)

http://theconversation.com/theres-no-such-thing-as-reptiles-any-more-and-heres-why-31355

But sometimes living things break out our of boxes we try to force them in.
Too bad that you did not understand that article. It explains how we now know that the term "reptiles" is a poorly formed term. If snakes, turtles, and crocodiles are all "reptiles" then by cladistics so are birds. Snakes, turtles and crocodiles but not birds are a paraphyletic group. They do not form a clade. Just as Old world monkeys and new world monkeys but not humans or other apes are a paraphyletic group too. Wiki has a nice article on clades:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clade

This is not a "problem" of science, this is a correction by science.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Too bad that you did not understand that article. It explains how we now know that the term "reptiles" is a poorly formed term. If snakes, turtles, and crocodiles are all "reptiles" then by cladistics so are birds. Snakes, turtles and crocodiles but not birds are a paraphyletic group. They do not form a clade. Just as Old world monkeys and new world monkeys but not humans or other apes are a paraphyletic group too. Wiki has a nice article on clades:

Would it be possible to classify the organisms in the OP? Also, check out my thread on birds with mammalian breasts. That never got the attention it deserved.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
sleestak.jpg

Reptilian features with bipedal/mammalian structures. Does this fit into the nested hierarchy? If not, why not?
Would it be possible to classify the organisms in the OP? Also, check out my thread on birds with mammalian breasts. That never got the attention it deserved.
The Sleezaks? No. Sllezaks would be a major problem for the theory of evolution. If their structure is truly mammalian they would be go counter to what is predicted by evolution. There is no reason why one could not have such a creature with creationism, there are problems of such for evolution. A Pegasus would also be a huge problem for evolution. They have features of an organism from another clade and no explanation of how the got there.

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
The Sleezaks? No. Sllezaks would be a major problem for the theory of evolution. If their structure is truly mammalian they would be go counter to what is predicted by evolution. There is no reason why one could not have such a creature with creationism, there are problems of such for evolution. A Pegasus would also be a huge problem for evolution. They have features of an organism from another clade and no explanation of how the got there.

Can you explain why this organism would be a problem for evolution? In more detail, I mean.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

What from that article that you think I don't understand? The problem is evolutionist tries to force living creatures into their imaginary tree which goes away simply by remove the tree.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What from that article that you think I don't understand? The problem is evolutionist tries to force living creatures into their imaginary tree which goes away simply by remove the tree.
Read the article on Clades. Otherwise you won't understand the correct terminology. And of course you are wrong. Scientists do not force. They reclassify when necessary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Can you explain why this organism would be a problem for evolution? In more detail, I mean.
It would be better to get a biologist to do it. The hips of a bird or dinosaur that is bipedal are quite different from bipedal apes. The Sleezak seem to have human or ape hips. I have no conceivable way that they could have evolved them.

But thanks for another example besides the Cambrian Bunny Rabbit that would refute evolution. There is no reason that they could not exist with "a common designer" there are reasons that they could not exist with evolution.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Read the article on Clades. Otherwise you won't understand the correct terminology. And of course you are wrong. Scientists do not force. They reclassify when necessary.
I totally disagree. They have to reclassify because creatures doesn't fit man's assumptions. When a creature is reclassified the creature is not what changed ... it's man's opinion that changed.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I totally disagree. They have to reclassify because creatures doesn't fit man's assumptions.
But you are wrong of course.

The classification of "reptile" existed before the theory of evolution. The theory of evolution explains why it is wrong.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But you are wrong of course.

The classification of "reptile" existed before the theory of evolution. The theory of evolution explains why it is wrong.
I never claimed it didn't. A theory doesn't explain anything it's mans to trying to explain away why thing don't always fit into his boxes.
Classification is just the way man "sees" things.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I never claimed it didn't. A theory doesn't explain anything it's mans to trying to explain away why thing don't always fit into his boxes.
Classification is just the way man "sees" things.
Actually that is exactly what theories do.

Smidlee, if you don't even know the basics of science why are you trying to debate here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Actually that is exactly what theories do.

Smidlee, if you don't even know the basics of science why are you trying to debate here?
Another loaded question? Theories are like computer programs they only do what man wants them to do. If man totally refuses to consider ID for example and living creatures are truly ID then the theory will never get to the truth.

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
It would be better to get a biologist to do it. The hips of a bird or dinosaur that is bipedal are quite different from bipedal apes. The Sleezak seem to have human or ape hips. I have no conceivable way that they could have evolved them.

But thanks for another example besides the Cambrian Bunny Rabbit that would refute evolution. There is no reason that they could not exist with "a common designer" there are reasons that they could not exist with evolution.

So the hips, legs, ribcage, arm and shoulder orientation would not make any sense if evolution were true? These are all features that occur in modern humans but if a reptile had these features it would falsify our current understanding of evolution correct?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe you have a monopoly on science or what is true.
Yes, but you have demonstrated time and again that you are no judge of science at all. People have tried to help you here and you post nonsense in return. Perhaps if you started on the basics and worked up from there.

Upvote 0