xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Lets do this..

Im going to provide answers to my own questions based on what the preterist commentary provides via evidence, and then see what you think or if you agree..

I suppose I need to walk in your shoes to be able to actually refute your position with any measure of objectivity..

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lets do this..

Im going to provide answers to my own questions based on what the preterist commentary provides via evidence, and then see what you think or if you agree..

I suppose I need to walk in your shoes to be able to actually refute your position with any measure of objectivity..

Fine, as long as you keep in mind that one preterist's understanding does not equate to ALL preterists understanding...

Which is no different from the multiple disagreeing views within the futurist camp.

I'll be sure and let you know where I disagree and where I agree.

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Fine, as long as you keep in mind that one preterist's understanding does not equate to ALL preterists understanding...

Which is no different from the multiple disagreeing views within the futurist camp.

I'll be sure and let you know where I disagree and where I agree.

Ok, give me some time to do the research, this is new ground.. Again, Im set in my understanding, but to give you fair, full, and careful consideration I need to see things from your point of view..

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

@parousia70

Simple question....When did the change take place,as spoken of by Paul......

I Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"

I Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

I Corinthians 15:53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

I Corinthians 15:54 "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, "Death is swallowed up in Victory." "

So your soul must put off the physical body, and this soul but be changed from a state of possible destruction by sin, and put on immortality through the shed blood of Christ before this saying can be true.

Why Parousia,are we still now in flesh bodies????????

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Nothing to "fear" here Randy.
Every Date setter since the end of the 1st century has one thing in common.
They have all been WRONG.

xXCP will be no different. He is cut from the same cloth as the rest of em.

No fear. I was just hoping for an earlier date so I could poke at him when it passes.

images

Seems we have at least four years to repent.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Treat yourself to a verb in your OP, CP. I think you mean Nero is not any of them...

In Dan 8, though there is a figure, a leader of the 'rebellion that desolates'. This expression becomes the 'abomination' in the next vision, and that is the view of the rebellion and that person. He would be from within Israel, and the vision of Dan 9 is about the events of 66+. Does it need to be narrowed down any further?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@parousia70

Simple question....When did the change take place,as spoken of by Paul......

I Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"

I Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

I Corinthians 15:53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

I Corinthians 15:54 "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, "Death is swallowed up in Victory." "

So your soul must put off the physical body, and this soul but be changed from a state of possible destruction by sin, and put on immortality through the shed blood of Christ before this saying can be true.

Why Parousia,are we still now in flesh bodies????????

You'll have to ask a Full Preterist these questions.
But you can't do that here. You'll have to take it to the unorthodox area of CF.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, give me some time to do the research, this is new ground.. Again, Im set in my understanding, but to give you fair, full, and careful consideration I need to see things from your point of view..

That is very refreshing to hear you say, however I will again make very clear, this fella doesn't necessarily represent my point of view exactly... similar to how a pre trib believer doesn't necessarily represent your point of view just because you are both futurists...kapish?

You might look at David Curtis @ bereanbiblechurch.org

His understanding is very close (but again not exact) to mine.

His treatise on the passing of heaven and earth does a great job at outlining how the prophets used the apocalyptic language of global and universal cataclysm to describe the judgement of individual nations at the hand of human armies.

No rush. :)

Upvote 0